Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 354

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

That Batgirl run was wonderful. Give Batwoman: Elegy a shot, while you see at it.

2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Cool look at a page of original Kirby art, from his 70s Eternals run, being discussed by comic creators Ed Piskor, Jim Rugg, & Tom Scioli.

I only had time to watch the beginning, but look forward to watching the rest later.

3. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

First issue of Sabrina the Teenage Witch was a lot of fun, definitely gonna keep pulling that one. Heroes in Crisis is still all over the place but the art remains gorgeous.

Kingjohn_654 and BackyardHero11 like this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Really want DC 1000, but I'm going to hold off for the inevitable deluxe edition in a month or so.

5. EarlyMorningRiser

Keep on the sunny side.

That was my plan too, but my LCS had a copy left today with the cover I wanted so I had to pick it up.

6. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I'm loving the art!

ghostedaway likes this.
  7. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  8. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I went to the other side of town today to check out some clothing stores so I decided to stop by the comic store over there.

I picked up some 50 cent comics they had and also picked up Dial H for Hero. It sounds like a cool comic.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  9. Kingjohn_654

What 50 cent ones did you get?

10. CobraKidJon

a few Champions issues and some Midnighter and Apollo ones. My friend talks highly of that series.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Read The Tyrant Wing this morning. What a fucking tease. It was only three issues, and left off on a big cliff hanger. X-(

dadbolt likes this.
  12. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

That cliff hanger is still going too. The next arc is 6 issues and doesn't explain what happened (you'll see why) and then there's 2 more issues in the middle of that arc for Josh's flash cross over

13. Kingjohn_654

Riverdale Gets Invaded Again In 'Archie vs. Predator 2' (Exclusive)

Archie Vs Predator 2 has been announced! They're bringing back Alex De Campi to write it. She did a fantastic job on the first one and I can't wait to see what she does here. They got a new artist for the sequel though, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina's Robert Hack.

I'm stoked!

Tim likes this.
  14. Kingjohn_654

Has anyone read Matt Fraction's Five Fists of Science? I just got the tpb today!

15. Kingjohn_654

16. CobraKidJon

support pls

17. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

Went to the LCS today to see what they have and ended up only buying The Batman Who Laughs: Grim Knight #1 variant and and the Wytches trade paperback (for $5)

Vivatoto likes this.
  18. Vivatoto

I think Marvel fans would love Cosmic Ghost Rider Destroys Marvel History. I only got it because of Paul Scheer and I'm admittedly fairly lost but it's a good time. It's been going through major moments in Marvel's history, the first issue was Fantastic Four and the second was Spider man so I feel like if you like either of those you should jump in.

19. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

I love Paul Scheer, that sounds cool. I've been out of comics for a hot minute so idk what really up with all these batmans but like I get the concept. Been maybe 3 years since I kept up

20. Vivatoto

Ha, yeah, the multiple Batman stuff happened last summer with Metal. There were a lot more but the only one's left I believe are The Batman Who Laughs, and Grim Knight who was hiding out during Metal. I love that the Batman Who Laughs series has ended up basically being a sequel to Black Mirror

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

@Tim I obviously love the BLO avatar. Saw him post it today and fell in love.

Tim likes this.
  22. CobraKidJon

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  23. CobraKidJon

this is just me rambling but I finally reached 60 comics owned and I’m pretty hyped on that. It all started with Miles Morales catching my interest in the Spider-Man video game.

I’ve got 10 comics on my pull list with 5 being Spider-fam stuff, 2 being DC stuff and the other 3 being some Marvel series with the Champions. It’s pretty cool and I’m excited to get even more into comics eventually.

Henry, AP_Punk and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  24. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Anybody been watching S2 oof Happy! ?

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Did you read Silk? I loved that book so much.

Tim likes this.