Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 353

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

My daughter got her first TPB today. Disney's Frozen: Breaking Boundaries published by Dark Horse. I'm excited to read it with her.

SpyKi likes this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I can't put Skyward down. This book is so wonderful.

Vivatoto likes this.
  3. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Sounds like another X-Men vs ??? series is coming?

4. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I saw that page in the Punisher and was trying to figure out what the fuck was going on.

ghostedaway likes this.
  5. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I'm like 3 or 4 weeks behind on monthly comics I read, but I've been crushing through Morrison's Doom Patrol run (thank you DCU). I haven't read any DP from the 60s yet. After I finish Morrison's I'm definitely diving in hard to all the Young Animal stuff. I have a number of those trades but ya know how it goes, back log woes haha.

6. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I have like 5 different spider man comics on my pull list for next week and that is pretty wild.

I also really liked the first issue to Ms Marvel.

7. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Marvel Unlimited is $60 for the first year if you use the code FLERKEN, just FYI. It's totally worth it imo and the promo ends today.

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The first arc of Bendis' Superman run was a bit confusing, but I like the direction. I just hate books that continually bounce around in time.

9. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Hickman returns to Marvel! Whatever he’s working is coming in July. Could not be more hyped.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  10. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

atticusfinch and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  11. CobraKidJon

12. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

13. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  14. CobraKidJon

15. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Can it be with Tessa's likeness pleeeease

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Did Colossus and Magik merge?

17. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

No. or not yet at least lol. Magik is in Uncanny right now and Colossus is in the Age of X-Man world

18. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

God-tier thread

Joel Gustafson likes this.
  19. flask

Trusted Supporter

Love that he picked We 3. Still one of the hardest gut punches I've ever read. Absolutely brutal.

20. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I've made this year the time when I finally get back into comics and go through some new ones and my backlog.

Here's what I've read:
    Mister Miracle - Tom King
    Batgirl Vol 1-4 (New 52)
    Ms. Marvel Vol 1
    Champions Vol 1

Here's what's next:
    Vision Vol 1-2
    Saga Vol 1
    Teen Titans Rebirth Vol 1

21. CobraKidJon

you got good taste vase Champions forever

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  22. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Super good. I'm not far, but I'm excited to keep reading.

23. CobraKidJon

It’s a good time to be a Champions fan with the main series reboot and also Miles, Ironheart, Ms Marvel having their own great series.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  24. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Some thoughts on "Further Reading" comic recs:

Sorry that I've let two straight movies (Aquaman & Captain Marvel) slip through the cracks. Y'know, life is just whatever sometimes, lol.

I'm still sitting on two blurbs for Captain Marvel that are good, but instead of throwing together a shorter, really late post, I'm gonna save them for Avengers: Endgame. And, I'm gonna skip Shazam; if someone wants to know what to read for that, it's as simple as just pointing to that one Geoff Johns New 52 trade.

So, the next Further Reading will be for Avengers: Endgame. Which, again, will have the couple Captain Marvel trades that a couple of you already did. Plus, some other stuff.

Some Avengers stuff we could include:
    - Hickman's Secret Wars
    - maybe also Hickman's Avengers: Time Runs Out?
    - Avengers: No Surrender
    - the first volume of Aaron's current Avengers run
    - that Donny Cates Thanos trade, Thanos Wins
    - maybe Iron Man: Extremis? Pointing people back to an inspiration for the start of the MCU could be cool, especially since there's a good chance Tony dies in Endgame

Deanna likes this.
  25. BackyardHero11

Trusted

finished Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol on DCU, really enjoyed it. not sure what I'm going to read next, possibly 52. Definitely planning to dive into Gerard Way's Doom Patrol as well as the rest of Young Animal that I've stocked up on.