Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 352

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

me: orders like 5 comics I am missing off midtown's site. I needed one more but they didn't have it in stock.

2 days later: gets an email that the comic I wanted is now back in stock.

me: :(

Tim likes this.
  2. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Ugh. I hope Clint and Kate keep going in another book! That friendship is magic.

3. BackyardHero11

Trusted

question, I'm going to be selling a bunch of my comics. does anyone have any opinions on best way to go about it? table at a punk rock flee market? comic book store? 2nd and Charles? ebay?

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  4. CobraKidJon

no clue who this dude is but I now want to watch any kind of video resembling this style.

flask likes this.
  5. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Volume 1 of Umbrella Academy was pretty cool. Going through the series before checking out the show.

Vivatoto likes this.
  6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Got some good stuff in the mail yesterday. Really pumped to get through all of it.

Geoff John's Green Lantern #1
    Bendis' Superman
    Skyward 1 & 2
    Maneaters

7. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Skyward was a nice surprise, I’ve been really enjoying it.

8. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Read through the first 3 volumes of paper girls thanks to my library. They don’t have anything past that though. Looking forward to more

Vivatoto and EarlyMorningRiser like this.
  9. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Picked up a hardcover of Powers Vol. 1 for $2 and the TPB of Potter's Field for $1.50 yesterday. Has anyone read either of these?

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

BKV is writing a Gundam movie. Wowza.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  11. CobraKidJon

my comic store came through this week and saved me a variant cover of the new Young Justice.

I wasn’t on the sub list but they were able to add me to the sub list and save me the last copy of the variant cover that they got.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  12. CobraKidJon

how internet how

13. Vivatoto

Beautiful Batman today. I missed King last month but at least The Price was sweet.

14. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Lol she destroyed that guy. The thread shows he apologized later. Haha.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Gail is the best

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  16. Vivatoto

So I guess we're leaving the pedal welded to the floor for the remainder of Doomsday Clock. Shit is getting insane.

atticusfinch likes this.
  17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I really wish they'd just release it in two parts so I could get my fix.

18. Vivatoto

He has crazy good taste.

19. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I’ve mostly been reading Kelly Sue’s Captain Marvel runs lately, but I think I’m going to dive into some Geoff Johns comics next. I have 3 Teen Titans trades and several from his Green Lantern run. Been feeling eh on the latter once I found out the artist is not a great person.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I just read through the first Green Lantern collection. It was pretty good, with the Corps stuff being the strongest. The entire New 52 run was awesome, so I'm looking forward to everything leading up to it.

Johns also had my favorite Flash run I've read so far.

Deanna likes this.
  21. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I really like his work on Flash, too. I packed away a lot of my comics, but I read at least the first of the books that they recently started printing. I have some from Waid and Morrison so I can't recall which run I had 2 books for.

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Something about the Waid run didn't really work for me. I'm not sure if it is the age of the books, or what.

23. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Went back to Goodreads to figure out which I read. I liked both Johns books a little better than the Waid and Morrison ones I read. If I'm not mistaken, there's still a third Johns book that I need to get at some point.

24. CobraKidJon

25. CobraKidJon

hell yeah

Kingjohn_654 and ugman_2000 like this.