Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 349

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

FB_IMG_1549685459136.jpg

RyanPm40, Tim and xapplexpiex like this.
  2. Kingjohn_654

FB_IMG_1549749499195.jpg

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Friendly reminder

dadbolt, Tim and Deanna like this.
  4. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

5. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

The Magic Order was great. Millar doing what he always does, but damn if it doesn't work.

6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Finally started The Sandman and it's amazing.

xapplexpiex likes this.
  7. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

A masterpiece.

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm on my re-read and just started the second omnibus. I keep having to it it down because it's too heavy lol

scottlechowicz and SpyKi like this.
  9. Kingjohn_654

[​IMG]

10. Vivatoto

Jeff Lemire always has been good at twists and turns but Gideon Falls is insane and I don't know how he does it.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  11. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  12. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Hopefully Silk plays a fairly big role in this. I feel like she's been really sidelined recently in favor of other Spider-characters.

13. Kingjohn_654

Archie relates news:
    - Archie will be re-titled to Archie & Sabrina for issues 705-710 as the series explores their current relationship together
    - Jughead's Time Police is being rebooted as a mini series with Derek Charm drawing it. Stoked!
    - Archie/Dynamite is doing a crossover series: Vampirella and Red Sonja meet Betty & Veronica

14. Vivatoto

Read volume 1 of Umbrella Academy and loved it. Reminded me of Black Hammer.

xapplexpiex and SpyKi like this.
  15. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

For anyone interested, instocktrades has a weekend deal where you get an extra 3% off with the code bemine

16. Tim

Archie's crossovers have been fun lately. (Well, at least fun conceptually. I haven't read any, as I spend more time appreciating Archie than reading Archie, but both the Batman 66 one & the Harley and Ivy one are on my radar to eventually check out.) Bringing Betty & Veronica into contact with both Red Sonja AND Vampirella is just silly enough to be really cool, especially since Amy Chu is writing it.

Nice. I've been on the fence on placing an IST order, since I really need to get Mister Miracle, but I also don't really have the money to drop my usual $50. Maybe that extra baby discount will push me over.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  17. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

Speaking of Mister Miracle, I'd love to get that Fourth World omnibus. Among many other things but i'm on the fence about how much to throw down. It's cruel this deal's happening a week before my payday, haha.

18. Tim

I personally just own the complete Mister Miracle trade and an older collection w/ some of Kirby's Superman work (from Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen). That scratches my Kirby DC itch enough to make me happy. Speaking of post-60s Kirby, though, I really want his Eternals series. I'm assuming that'll be reprinted around the movie's release.

And, yeah, omnibus shopping on IST is so dangerous, lol. I'm gonna have to budget in advance for ASM vol 4. Kicking myself for passing on Miles Morales, which is already sold out... even though I already own the material, lol.

19. Kingjohn_654

Archie crossovers are great! Archie meets Punisher and Archie vs Predator are both a lot of fun! Especially the latter since Betty & Veronica were the heroes of the story.

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

These look so silly

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Do want

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  22. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

My favorite used book store (aside from the library ones) had its grand opening at their new location after being closed for months. Chew trades were a major steal at $1 each and Archie was $6. Got the Dark Knight book simply because I couldn’t resist.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  23. Tim

Weird seeing Death get the Bombshell treatment. Wonder if that line will expand into Watchmen, Wildstorm, etc.

Speaking of Death, love my current phone background:
    A38F2AF6-0F69-49A6-B371-1256976852D3.jpeg

zigbigwig likes this.
  24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I like mine a bunch

Screenshot_20190116-093853.png

Tim likes this.
  25. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

Awesome. I'm hoping for a reprinting of The Eternals omni too. And it looks like ASM vol 1 is getting reprinted later this year too (i work at an indie bookstore and now and then i'll check our distributor's site for upcoming releases; happened to notice this was in the works recently). I'll be saving for that and vol. 4, haha.

Tim likes this.