Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 344

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I'm thinking about doing some more comic book episodes for Welcome to Geekdom this year. Any that you guys would like to see?

Here are some that I know I want to get to: Snyder's Batman (N52), Batman: Hush, Spider-Man: Noir, Moon Knight (Ellis), Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel, and Unbeatable Squirrel Girl.

And if anyone wants to guest on any of the above, let me know.

2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Comic books: good.
    Comic book industry: bad.

I'm going to enjoy having a small pull list of (once a few titles end this year) only some Spider-books & a Ms Marvel series for as long as it's possible. But, the monthly comic industry as it exists will almost certainly die in my lifetime. Just not sustainable.

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think the only Marvel book I'll continue reading is Thor. DC I'm a little more open. Image is all over the place.

4. Tim

Once Doomsday Clock ends, I'm done with pulling DC. (And, once Paper Girls ends, outside of the sporadic Pretty Deadly arc, I'm done pulling Image.) With how economically impractical monthly comics are, but how much I enjoy still having something current, I'm content sticking to Ms Marvel & a few Spider-books from now on.

I will say, I've never related to the people who read more DC than Marvel, but they are finally doing multiple things that interest me:
    • Batman by Tom King
    • Superman by Brian Michael Bendis
    • Action Comic by Brian Michael Bendis
    • Wonder Woman by G. Willow Wilson
    • Aquaman by Kelly Sue DeConnick
    • Green Lantern by Grant Morrison
    • Hawkman by Bryan Hitch
    • Naomi by Brian Michael Bendis & David Walker
    • Shazam by Geoff Johns
    • Young Justice by Brian Michael Bendis
    That's more than I remember there being when the whole Rebirth thing first went down. Lots to look forward to catching up on down the road.

Omni and Deanna like this.
  5. EarlyMorningRiser

Keep on the sunny side.

So far in the new year, I’ve been reading Paper Girls Vol. 5, Bendis’s Superman, some old Wolfman/Perez Teen Titans, and finally picking back up on Y the Last Man.

Deanna likes this.
  6. Tim

:hearteyes::wonderwoman:

Looks like it's probably part of a bigger piece.

Deanna likes this.
  7. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

pleaseee

fluxyjoe likes this.
  8. CobraKidJon

finally read Champions #1 and it was good. I love Ms Marvel as the leader and seeing all these fresh faces in the group.

I also love to imagine there actually being a superhero forum where they all hang out at.

9. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Anybody else watch Happy! ?

That's the wildest shit I've ever watched on Television and I loved every minute.

BackyardHero11 and Vivatoto like this.
  10. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

If I could draw as well as Jim Lee, i'd probably draw women better.

Aregala and Tim like this.
  11. Colby Searcy

Read the GN today and the show is WAY better

12. CobraKidJon

it looks like tomorrow will just be Miles Morales and Ghost Spider for me which I am ok with.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  13. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

What are some of your favorite online comic shops??

14. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

First post in this thread heyooooooooooo

I used Marvel Unlimited over the past few months to read the entirety of Hickman's run at Marvel Comics (Secret Warriors, S.H.I.E.L.D., Fantastic Four/FF, Ultimates, Avengers, Secret Wars) and totally loved it

Such a visionary mind, the payoffs to things planted so much earlier that pay off later on was incredible to experience

I've been digging through this thread to peek out other recs of stuff to read on MU next

Wish DC had a similar app/subscription service, I'd be ALL over that as I've never really been a DC guy

15. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

Welcome to the comic book thread! It’s really important that you read The Vision next.

Tim, Kingjohn_654 and Aregala like this.
  16. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

on my list!!!!

dadbolt likes this.
  17. Colby Searcy

TFAW
    Midtown Comics
    InStockTrades(if you're looking for trades)

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  18. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Thanks!!

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm reading Death Bed and it is soo much damn fun. Absolutely love it.

20. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Does Bendis’ Wonder Comics imprint take place in a separate continuity than main DC? If not, it must take place far enough in the future that Bart and Connor’s appearances in the new Young Justice are no big deal. Also the Tim Drake displayed here doesn’t quite line up with how he’s been written in Detective Comics since Rebirth.

21. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

So that Green Lantern issue wasn't exactttly Hal arresting God but it was pretty damn awesome.

22. Kingjohn_654

Matt Fraction's Hawkeye!!!!

Tim and Aregala like this.
  23. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

Added to the list!!!

I read a bunch of his Iron Man stuff a couple years back and really liked it

Have only heard great things about this run so I’m hyped

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  24. Tim

Officially dropped Captain America today, even though the new issue was another strong Coates issue, as part of my resolution to limit my pull. Gotta stick with my resolution to limit my pull list.

Anyways, picked up Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #1, Miles Morales: Spider-Man #2, & Superior Spider-Man #1.

Contender likes this.
  25. Kingjohn_654

I'm trade waiting Captain America. The Free Comic Day issue was just too good. You think you'll ever read his run later?