Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 340

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I am definitely going to be keeping an eye on TKO. Ordered the paperback for the Ennis/Epting one, I can see myself digging into all of them.

fluxyjoe likes this.
  2. Vivatoto

Have you read Infidel yet? I think A Walk Through Hell came out on trade recently and thats's amazing

Henry likes this.
  3. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I have not! I'll check both out and see if they're ones I'd be into.

4. Vivatoto

Great day for Batman. Tom Taylor's annual was beautiful. Tomasi's Det Tec seems like it's going to be pretty great, and the Batman Who Laughs was fantastic. Haven't even gotten to Damned yet.

5. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

6. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

The premise is so cool. Can't wait to see where Chip takes this, especially since he's grown as a writer since the launch of Spectacular. And, Mark Bagley is such a great, classic-yet-timeless Spider-Man artist.

Jason Tate and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  7. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

got all 4 comics I wanted today. I went to the other comic store across town to pick up everything except Spider-Gwen and just went back to my local store to pick that one up.

Attached Files:

Kingjohn_654 and xapplexpiex like this.
  8. Tim

Just see if your shop does subscriptions/pull lists/pull boxes. Different shops have different policies, w/ some not doing it at all. But, if your shop lets you set up a pull list, you'll be able to guarantee they've got your stuff waiting for you.

9. Dodge725

Trusted

Batman: Damned is pretty bad. It’s trying way too hard to be edgy and thinks it’s much deeper than it actually is. The Justice League Dark characters are all strange choices that don’t add much and the history retcon is awful and I think will only get worse in the last issue. For being the first flagship title of Black Label, I really hoped it would be so much better.

10. CobraKidJon

i'll have to see about that then. I think in the next month or two it will just be Miles Morales and Champions.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  11. CobraKidJon

cool cool

12. Tim

Hm. I can't decide how I feel about this. G Willow Wilson had a lengthy run on the character, has a great gig writing Wonder Woman now, & is the one who chose to pass the torch. And, Saladin Ahmed rules. But, it's also really sad to see the end of a run that started at the same time I started buying monthly comics as an adult.

At least I know this character is still in good hands & gets a creative refresh.

13. Tim

Love this attitude.

ugman_2000, fluxyjoe and AP_Punk like this.
  14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Snyder's Justice League is soooo dark. Way better than any of the Rebirth stuff.

Vivatoto and Contender like this.
  15. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I can't wait to see what you guys get for Christmas. That will be a fun day to read this thread.

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Does "time to read my pile" count as a gift?

Contender, Kingjohn_654 and Tim like this.
  17. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I would say yes.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  18. This song was written about Stan Lee (RIP)

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  19. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

any recs for a good comic book shelf? What are you guys using? I just moved in the US, and my books are just boxed away and it makes me sad. I have mix of singles and tpbs.

20. Tim

I like my Kallax shelves from Ikea. They've got a nice grid setup that distributes the weight well, & they're sturdy but not too heavy when empty.

AB30EE7F-3572-471F-8301-3E13DA71DDF6.jpeg

SpyKi and xapplexpiex like this.
  21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I should get those. My DC shelf is at max capacity, for the most part.

Tim likes this.
  22. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

That looks nice. Do you remember which of these you bought exactly?

KALLAX series - IKEA

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Finished The Death of Mighty Thor and was petty pissed that they didn't even leave Jane v dead for an issue. Felt like such a cop out.

24. Tim

@scottlechowicz @Henry @Vivatoto @Deanna & whoever else...

We didn't put together an Aquaman "Futher Reading" list of recs yet!

We've still got time. And, they don't have to be long recs (can be just a couple quick sentences). But, especially w/ how straight out of the comics this movie looks, how successful it could be (and has been internationally), & how overlooked the character traditionally has been... We should get something up.

Obviously at least one, maybe two Geoff Johns recs. Obviously at least one Rebirth era rec. (How was that Mera miniseries?) If anyone's read any classic Aquaman, something from there could work. Always down for one creator-owned rec 'for fans of Aquaman', too.

What should we rec? &, who can write quick little things!

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I just read the Mera book last night. Pretty underwhelming. Its just a subplot to the Atlantean civil war where she tries to recruit people to help her take back the thrown.