Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 339

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Oh yeah, that'd make a great film. Forgot about that.

As w/ most Image books, I'm trade-waiting, but I LOVE what I've seen. I'm glad Jen Bartel has been doing good interiors, since not all good cover artists do so.

ghostedaway likes this.
  2. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

It's such beautiful artwork

3. Jason Tate Dec 8, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 8, 2018)
    Not sure if anyone else reads comics on their iPad, but I really like the Chunky Comic Reader. It works/looks great on the new 11" iPad Pro.

fluxyjoe likes this.
  4. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I only read comics digitally now because of space and money issues. I’ll check it out.

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

The art style is a big reason why I love Saga, so I don’t see it translating on the screen very well.

Tim likes this.
  6. Downloaded this once you suggested it in the Liner Notes and I love reading comics on my iPad now. I'm gonna tell my LCS to blame you if I cancel my pull list with them and go full digital. ;-p:spiderman::bats:

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. Tim

If I make the dive someday to digital, it'll probably just be a MU subscription. But, maybe I'd also try to have as complete as possible a digital Spidey library to compliment my trades & omnibus volumes.

Kingjohn_654 and Jason Tate like this.
  8. Yeah my Spidey Dropbox folder is pretty absurd. I do have every Amazing issue, which is really what I wanted more than anything.

9. Tim

I just want a database with every issue of any Spidey ongoing or miniseries, with searchable tags for creators & characters. And the ability to sort by either series or release date. And the ability to pull up story arcs (particularly crossovers) with ease. So, like, if I wanted to read everything Romita drew for ASM, or every Mysterio story chronologically, just type it in, and then read straight through.

That's not too much to ask...right?

10. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Marvel Unlimited does let you browse by creator, but everything you just said would honestly make that app so much better. Also sometimes there are weird bugs where u click on more issues for a series and it goes to some random creator lol. Give us all the filters, Marvel.

Kingjohn_654 and Tim like this.
  11. Don’t get me started on how annoying the Marvel website is to find what comics are available, or even characters and series. It’s so bad.

12. Tim

If I found out the interface became as dope as I want, I'd totally sign up, lol.

Kingjohn_654 and Deanna like this.
  13. And trying to find cross overs and what order to read things in usually means ending up on some wiki site. Or when a series randomly decides to reorder the numbers or change the name of the series just a tad, and then the site doesn’t tell you. Grumble.

Deanna likes this.
  14. Tim

Just get the people who do websites like Comic Book DB to help develop it. I ain't tech savvy, but can't be that hard.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  15. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Every now and then, MU will show the reading order for events, but it won’t go issue to issue. You have to keep going out and selecting the next one.

16. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Marvel Unlimited is like the best app for being a comic book starter but god the interface is so BAD.

17. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Anyone reading West Coast Avengers?

18. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

19. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I feel like ive asked this already. Sorry gang.

20. CobraKidJon

I’ve been thinking about reading it after I finish my backlog of champions and nova.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  21. CobraKidJon

they finally put peter porker on marvel unlimited and I am HYPED

22. Tim

There's a "complete collection" trade coming out next summer, which is bizarrely late (were they unaware of his Spider-Verse appearance & unable to get it out faster?), but I'm pumped to own it.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  23. Tim

New publishers with a-list talent fascinate me. If more indie publishers anchored with established talent create more opportunities for up & coming voices, though, why not? I guess it's not that different from different music labels or whatever.

More so, I don't get this model, lol. What the heck is the point of releasing all 6 issues of a miniseries at once, in print, at the same time as the digital & trade paperback release? Reading a "floppy" is fun, but is there a market for people who'd rather add to their long box (for more money!) than their book shelf, all other factors the same?

All that being said... The comic about Russia fighting Nazis in WWII looks really cool, especially w/ Epting/Breitweiser art. And, the upcoming Lemire & Walta comic could be cool.

Deanna and Vivatoto like this.
  24. CobraKidJon

I went to my usual comic store and they had none of the five comics I wanted besides Ghost Spider so I was pretty bummed.

I’m assuming they already sold out but like dang they have been slacking on being stocked lately.

25. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

What comics are everyone's favorites from the year? I'm going to be doing a lot of binge reading soon to catch up on some I missed before doing a year end list since most of what I read was Spidey related.