Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 325

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Dark Knights: Metal: Prologue: Dark Deeds: Batman: The Jingle Jangler: Dark Roast: Requiem: Endgame "Please save us" --Scott & Greg

From Harley Quinn, lol.

2. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

His Daredevil is classic.

GBlades likes this.
  3. Vivatoto

Skyward has been getting really good.

4. Vivatoto

Beautiful ending to Batwoman. I think Marguerite's run is probably my favorite for the character, it started well enough but the final 2 arcs were just absolutely perfect. Also the future/det-tec-crossover issue randomly in the middle was one of my favorite single issues I've read.

5. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

My wife made me track down the variant edition of Red Hood and the Outlaws 25, with him and Batman on it...

xapplexpiex likes this.
  6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Rat Queens is the best. Love this most recent arc.

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Yeee

dadbolt and Shakriel like this.
  8. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Deanna, Henry, Vivatoto and 1 other person like this.
  9. Dodge725

Trusted

Finally read this today and enjoyed it, but I can’t say I’m a fan of where it leaves 2 in 1. At this point we know the end of that series and it can’t really go on much longer with this out now.

10. Tim

I get that, as a big fan of that series (especially the Jim Cheung issues and that annual), but I feel like 2-in-1 was always gonna run its course w/ that premise. You could only take that so far. Like, Chip picked the right time to have Johnny find out the "truth."

I wouldn't want two years of that. I'm personally happy to transition from that great series to this one. And, I'm happy the overlap means Slott gets to touch on the absence and Zdarsky gets to touch on the reunion.

11. Vivatoto

I feel like Essex County is one of the saddest things I've ever read. And oh my it's good.

12. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Checked out a few comics today. But to be fair, I'm going to be writing about which comics Boom! should adapt to TV based on this previous news: Boom! Studios Taps Averie Huffine As TV Department Head. I feel like that's a good excuse to read Giant Days and Lumberjanes.

xapplexpiex likes this.
  13. Tim

lol.

But really, I'm looking forward to catching up on Batman when more trades come out. The religious elements I've heard about from this year sound pretty interesting. King has to be the best comic writer at the moment.

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I have no idea what religious themes have been involved. Maybe they just haven't gotten to it in the trades, but I haven't noticed anything.

15. Tim

I don't think it's been a major focus, but a Joker issue leading to the wedding touched on some theology, and this new issue apparently did, too.

16. Vivatoto

It's been a pretty heavy theme. I have no idea how anyone got Batman is an atheist from 53.

Tim likes this.
  17. Vivatoto

I read the first book for Scarlet and I love it, might be my favorite Bendis so far. Also becoming clear I need to read Daredevil...

scottlechowicz likes this.
  18. Tim

Scarlet is the only creator-owned Bendis I've gotten into, but man, I LOVE it. In my top tier of Bendis work.

Anyways, Babs Tarr tweeted this, and I really hope it's mine...:hearteyes:

Deanna, xapplexpiex and Vivatoto like this.
  19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

oooohhh I love that

20. Vivatoto

New Punisher is excellent.

fluxyjoe likes this.
  21. Vivatoto

Bunn’s new horror series Cold Spots is pretty solid

22. zachmacD

Trusted

Has anyone checked out the Meg graphic novel? After being super disappointed with the movie, I checked out the book and loved it. I'm in the middle of The Trench now and I'm hooked.

23. Tim

Written by Jason Aaron. Illustrated by Mahmud Asrar. Colored by Matt Wilson. Covers by Esad Ribic.

I know a lot of people love Conan. I've never really gotten into the character, but I think he seems really cool, and that's a killer creative team. Will have to look into this.

24. Vivatoto

Digging Batgirl. Glad she's back in Gotham. This was sort of like a she gets her ass kicked issue so she can get a new costume, but I feel like they could have chosen a better adversary. Bring back Simone's villains.

25. Tim

I need this sweatshirt (also available as a t-shirt, but I "need" another crewneck sweatshirt) by colorist Rico Renzi.

365574-e87e0aa4053e45b18fa67bd7a5a3fff9.jpeg

He also made an out of stock "Kylo Ren Jepsen" design that I'm so angry I can't own.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.