Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 320

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Marvel is teasing The Superior Octopus too. I think the Spidey panel is going to be a good one. I'll probably be drowning in SDCC news this time next week.

2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Wonder what kind of announcement she's talking about. Would be great if it's one of the Spider-titles or the X-title that Marvel's hinted at. Though, it could be any company or even outside of comics. Gail can really do it all.

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

It's for sure Marvel? I feel like her tone doesn't really fit Marvel.

4. Tim

It's not for sure anything. She's done work for everyone, though, and has a Marvel series right now. If a new Big 2 book is gonna be announced w/ her, I feel like it's more likely to be Marvel, considering the current landscape.

And honestly, while she's more closely associated w/ DC, in some ways I feel like her tone is perfect for Marvel, particularly mutants and the world of Spider-Man.

5. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

For those of you who checked it out, thoughts on Amazing Spider-Man #1? I feel pretty neutral about it, but I'll probably keep checking it out to see how it does going forward. I'm seeing some mixed reviews on it.

6. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

[​IMG]

More details at SDCC on Sunday

Tim likes this.
  7. I really enjoyed it! I had no interest in the Worldwide storyline, and the last Slott story I was into was Superior. This feels like a return to what I imagine Spidey comics “should” be. But that’s what I thought Zdarsky’s Spectacular was for...

8. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I'm enjoying Spectacular so I was kinda feeling like it was too much of the same "back to basics" idea.

9. Tim

Cool of Marvel to admit they struggle to reach kids. But, they're Marvel Comics: top publisher most months, over 50 years as a top force, a merchandising behemoth, owned by Disney. Why can't they reach kids without partnering with other publishers?

Hopefully these are real comics with real creative teams, on consistent monthly schedules. Perhaps their greatest misstep in the modern era was having Darwyn Cooke develop all ages material for them, and then give the actual comics over to other (probably cheaper) talent, which is why Darwyn never worked for Marvel for the last stretch of his life. Imagine what couldn't been.

If this is handled right, I might actually put the Spider-Man series on my pull, lol.

Deanna likes this.
  10. DeRRek

Trusted

Finished reading Saga book 1 and 2 recently. Really enjoyed it. I had read Y the last man before it and can’t decide which one I prefer. Haha. They were both great. Does anyone know when Saga book 3 will be released? It looks like there are the same no. if issues out to make up book 3 now but can’t see any release date online anywhere.

xapplexpiex likes this.
  11. Tim

12. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Guess I have a news post to write haha. Have you checked out any of the Marvel Super Hero Adventures comics?

13. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

15. Tim

Nah, the awful publishing strategy has turned me away, lol. I'll check out the Ms Marvel/Squirrel Girl issue if I find it in a dollar bin down the road 'cause I like that G Willow Wilson & Ryan North contributed to it. But I'm looking forward to people with a strong vision for kids' comics taking charge.

16. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I get them but one of the other contributors is reviewing them so I haven't really read any either. This week is one with Spidey, Ms. Marvel, and Lockjaw.

17. Tim

Deanna likes this.
  18. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, that one looks fun. I was lazy yesterday so I'm catching up on news posts today. I have this and the Marvel Rising trailer to write about still.

19. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Vivatoto and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I lost interest in the Bendis book. Hope this one is good.

21. DeRRek

Trusted

I’m very late to the party but I’ve had the akira 35th anniversary box set sitting in the cupboard for since it released and I’ve decided now I have time to dedicate to reading it. I’ve never seen the movie epithet so looking forward to getting stuck into it.

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Mine is sitting on my bookshelf. Really need to dig into it.

DeRRek likes this.
  23. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

So Archie is returning to its original numbering just in time for #700, but Waid's run is over.

I just borrowed vol 1 of the Riverdale tie-in comic from a friend from work. I'm excited to check it out.

24. BackyardHero11

Trusted

xapplexpiex likes this.
  25. Henry

Moderator Moderator