Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 316

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I read all 6 volumes in a row. When I got to that moment I think will redeem the series for you, it was perfect.

2. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Deadly Class is a good example of this. And Tokyo Ghost, but not as much.

Vivatoto likes this.
  3. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I even noticed it in his shorter work in the Crawlspace omnibus. Even in 4 or 5 issues he can build these gigantic worlds and populate them with characters we should hate but somehow grow to love. I totally agree that Tokyo Ghost is a smaller scale example, loved that book.

4. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Tokyo Ghost was so amazing. A personal favorite. Wasn’t it originally supposed to be longer?

5. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

6. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

A Batman story from Brian Michael Bendis & Nick Derington featuring the Riddler sounds like the kind of Batman story I need in my life. Sounds in line w/ all my favorite Batman material.

Also, Tom King writing Superman needs to happen more often.

Releasing comics through Walmart is a great way to get new people reading comics, especially since the books will point people to comic shops. "Walmart exclusive" new content is frustrating because, well, Walmart, but it could be cool.

The rough part (other than, well, Walmart) is that the new stories will apparently be 12 pages per $4.99 issue, so for Bendis & King's 12-part stories, you'll have to spend about $60 for what'd normally fit in 7 traditional issues. It's a great price point if you don't own the reprinted material and want to, but otherwise, I feel like we just gotta hope it doesn't take that long for the new stories to be collected.

SpyKi and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm hoping they end up in trades. No was I'm buying those.

SpyKi likes this.
  8. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

A double-edge sword. It can help comic shops by introducing new readers, who normally wouldn’t seek out comic shops, to comics. They’ll find a local comic store after that and get more into the characters and other series. Although, that can be wishful thinking. It might hurt comic shops, which are already struggling as it is.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  9. Vivatoto

Lol Saga is still the best. What an issue.

Also "a very important announcement about the future" coming next issue so...

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I truly have no idea what’s actually going on in The Wicked and Divine anymore but I still love reading it.

11. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

got caught up on the last 2 issues last night. holy shit.

Jason Tate and Vivatoto like this.
  12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Read through Ice Cream Man. What a weird fucking book.

Really did not like People vs. The Just League. I'm kinda over this book as a whole.

Wonder Woman/Conan was kinda weird, but I appreciate it for what it was.

Reading Crosswinds now. Really loving it. Gail is a gem.

Detective Comics continues to be one of my favorite books. Absolutely adore it. Cass has become a character that I adore. Probably sacrilege, but I enjoy it more than Batman. The individual stories it Tynion tells are sooooo so strong.

[​IMG]

Vivatoto and BackyardHero11 like this.
  13. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Jason Tate likes this.
  14. EarlyMorningRiser

Keep on the sunny side.

Sign me up! I wonder if the Arrowverse CW shows will be included. I’d be all in for the comics and Batman TAS alone though, not to mention all those good animated movies.

Also, will this lead to Disney rolling MU into their tv/movie streaming service?

15. Vivatoto

The series can still shock me to no end. been waiting for The Will's triumphant return forevvver
    Have you been keeping up with the Bat Cat wedding fun too?

dadbolt likes this.
  16. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

same. i think that development was the shot in the arm that the book needed.

I have not kept up with batman since april probably. im behind on everything right now. trying to save money and comics took the hit. i did get the issues of mister miracle and sex criminals that i haven't got to read yet and I'm gonna sit down with those tonight

Vivatoto likes this.
  17. Vivatoto

It's been so freaking good as you would imagine. King has been nailing it, obviously, but the 5 or so preludes were also a lot of fun and written by Tim Seeley who's been doing great work recently. Since you'll have the luxury of reading them after they're out, definitely read all 5 of Seeley's before you read Batman 48 & 49 because each of Seeley's ends with a really creepy epilogue that's all building to a confrontation that had already happened in Batman, so that was a little bit of shitty timing.

dadbolt likes this.
  18. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

awesome, thanks for the heads up. hopefully i can start picking up some issues soon. i miss keeping up with bats

19. Tim

Hey, Ant-Man & the Wasp comes out this week.

So, if you're doing one of those Further Reading posts, I'd like to get 'em in the next few days.

Thanks!

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Batman spoilers are something

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  21. Vivatoto

Reading it right now, so I'll have it to you today or tomorrow.

Tim likes this.
  22. Tim

This stuff looks dumb in the good way that only comics can truly get away with. I'll definitely check out the Moon Knight/Spider-Man mash up eventually.

Jason Tate likes this.
  23. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Just started vol 5 of Y: the Last Man. I'm kinda sad it's almost over, it's been a ride.

Next I'll be reading either Superior Foes of Spider-Man or the Riverdale comics.

scottlechowicz and Jason Tate like this.
  24. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Superior Foes is fun. I have yet to dive into any Riverdale comics even though I enjoy the show.

Jason Tate and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  25. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I’m not a fan of Archie, but Superior Spider-Man is great. I used to think Green Goblin was Peter’s arch nemesis, but not after reading Superior.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.