Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 314

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I looove this book. One of my favorites currently running, if not my favorite.

EarlyMorningRiser likes this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The spin-off book is awesome too. Such an awesome concept.

Vivatoto likes this.
  3. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I'm loving Y: the Last Man. Just finished vol 2 and imI bummed because it's midnight and I should go to bed, but that cliffhanger is something else.

I kinda hate how often the characters say the word "retard" though.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  4. Maybe my favorite of all time.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  5. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Yeah, we're doing Ant-Man & the Wasp. We'll sort that out in the next couple days.

Anyways, saw that Batgirl is getting a new costume. Don't really like it.

Deanna likes this.
  6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm a big fan of Murphy's designs, so I'm really interested to see how it looks in action.

7. Kingjohn_654

Archie vol 5 was fantastic, in case anyone was wondering.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  8. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Is that the last before hiatus?

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  9. Kingjohn_654

Nah, there will be one more. I wonder if it'll come back after the hiatus though.

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Metal was so fucking weird and confusing.

dadbolt likes this.
  11. Colby Searcy

Why wouldn't it?

Is it pretty standalone or would I need to be familiar with Rebirth stuff?

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Its all cosmic stuff. You can go in pretty blind. I'd say that you would probably have a better go at it than I did. I'm not a fan of Crisis books, and this ultimately is one.

13. Colby Searcy

On
    Only one I read I think was Infinite Crisis and I wasn't a fan. The fact that this is cosmic I'm not interested at all now.

Main reason I'm not interested in main Marvel Universe is that very reason too

14. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I actually love the Crisis abd cosmic Marvel lol. Metal is the next DC book I’m getting.

15. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Cosmic Marvel is best. Ultimates is book I want back so badly.

16. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Annhilation and Annhilation: Conquest blew me away when I first read it years ago.

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I dig Cosmic Marvel. I was always able to figure out what was going on there. I went into Annihilation without knowing much of anything and adored it.

With DC, there is too much shit going on with multiverses and characters I've never heard of. They expect you to know too much.

Colby Searcy, dadbolt and xapplexpiex like this.
  18. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I definitely agree. It took me more effort to grasp the cosmic stuff in DC. I’d say to read the first Crisis, Flashpoint, then Forever Evil to get the overall basics and caught up.

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Absolutely love Supergirl: Being Super. I feel like origin stories are overdone, but Tamaki nails this one.

Deanna likes this.
  20. Tim

Ok, time to sort out Ant-Man & the Wasp Further Reading!

One of the recs has to be Nick Spencer's Astonishing Ant-Man. There's a "complete collection" trade that'll be out just in time for the movie that'll have the entire Spencer run. Who wants this one?

We are gonna continue including one creator-owned rec per film. Who wanted to cover Spencer's The Fix? You still good for that, whoever you were?

@Henry, you still cool for FF vol. 1 by Fraction & Allred?

For our last couple recs, I was thinking The Unstoppable Wasp vol. 1 & Avengers: Rage of Ultron would be really good choices. Unstoppable Wasp is about a different Wasp than the movies, but I think it's a solid recommendation for fans of this world. As for Rage of Ultron, it's pretty Ultron and Vision centric, but it also pretty Hank centric and has a lot of Janet, so it's probably the best modern comic to recommend for people who want more of the original pair (in modern comics).

21. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I can take Spencer's run if it's all on Unlimited.

22. Tim

Ended a couple years ago, so should be. There are two runs, one called Ant-Man and another called Astonishing Ant-Man. There was also a "Last Days" issue at the end of the first run that I think was released as a standalone "Ant-Man: Last Days" one-shot, instead of an issue of his main series (like the other "Last Days" material was). Here's the trade: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1302911325/?tag=absolutepunk-20

So, should be around 20 issues total... lol. If you run out of time, you can read like the first half or whatever and write your rec from that.

23. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Sounds good! I'll look it all up in the app today. I read through Doom Patrol Book 1 and didn't have any comics on my "to read" list after that aside from the weekly Spidey stuff. So I'll just make this my next read hah.

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I can do The Fix or FF. Either or. Love both.

25. Tim

Checked back in the thread, and you were the one who mentioned The Fix, in addition to suggesting FF. So, I guess we can see if anyone wants to take either of those recs, and then you can do the other.

Any other fans of Spencer & Lieber's The Fix or Fraction & Allred's FF who want to participate?