Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 300

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I had to sell almost everything I have. It was three huge shelves that reached the ceiling. But I now have a Favorites Shelf where I keep my absolute favorite books. On Comixology, I have about a thousand trades.

Attached Files:

2. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Here is my trade collection if anyone is interested.

3. atticusfinch Apr 5, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 7, 2018)
    atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

I just picked up the first three All Star Batman collected editions from Scott Snyder. Excited to dive into those.

Also, I’m really enjoying the Doomsday Clock mini series so far. Feels like it’s about to take a turn.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm such a stickler for organization. I'm dreading breaking up my DC collection for shelf space. I just bought a new large bookcase, so I'm hoping I can fit stuff on my top shelf and move statues around.

The amount of money of the shelves scares me to think about. lol. Its basically $50+ a week for the last 3 year. Bless Instocktrades.com

5. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Apparently Spidey is putting the black costume on in ASM #800 and will have it in Spencer's relaunch? Weird, but cool.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  6. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I knew there was a piece of news I forgot to get to today.

Tim likes this.
  7. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Vivatoto likes this.
  8. EarlyMorningRiser

Keep on the sunny side.

I’m excited to pick up Paper Girls Vol. 4 today.

Vivatoto likes this.
  9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Bought a new bookcase. Happy I have somewhere to put my Akira set now.

SpyKi, Kingjohn_654, RyanPm40 and 2 others like this.
  10. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

I’m in my post-C2E2 comic reading blitz at the moment.

I’m nearly finished with Dept. H and I’ve gotten through the first trade of Grass Kings.

I highly recommend both.

11. BackyardHero11

Trusted

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Kingjohn_654 and Colby Searcy like this.
  13. EarlyMorningRiser

Keep on the sunny side.

Do you all ever run into “story fatigue?” Not just comics, but all types of storytelling that you may have going at any given time?

I’m starting to mix up some storylines in my head haha. With 3 novels, probably 12-15 comic runs or trades, 3-4 anime shows, 3 other tv shows, it may be time for me to streamline.

Edit: as I posted this, I received notification that my complete Elfquest volume 1 has shipped...that won’t help matters!

Kingjohn_654 and Colby Searcy like this.
  14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Weekly Shonen really got to me for a while. It happened a lot with Bleach arcs, especially toward the end.

In comics it feels less frequent, but recently I've found it to be the case with Squirrel Girl. I order the trades and when they get here, they end up on the bottom of the pile forever.

15. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I love Squirrel Girl, but the issues take forever to read. I like how the dialogue is witty and the comedy, but there’s so much of it it can be so time-consuming for a comic.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  16. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

I bought that Red figure as well, haha. But I also follow you on Instagram so it's weird that I didn't see this post at all.

Where did you get the Ramona one?

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Mondotees.com had them on sale, but they sold out pretty quick. Also took them almost two years to ship out.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Stan Lee story is so weird. Apparently he is saying he'll sue publications that are saying there has been abuse.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  19. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

There's a video out there of Stan at a signing where you can hear an assistant spell "Stan Lee" at one point.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  20. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Excited about more Dazzler in X-Men!

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  21. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Just finished X-MEN Inferno. Just started X-tinction Agenda.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  22. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Ab
    Ah man! The classic X stories are my favorites.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  23. EarlyMorningRiser

Keep on the sunny side.

I’m working my way through the Age of Apocalypse story for the first time. Quality X-men stuff right there.

24. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Yeah, about a year ago, my uncle gave me a big box full of mostly X-Men trades and it's been really fun!

25. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Which Uncle?

Kingjohn_654 likes this.