Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

[​IMG]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......

GettingSodas and suburban myth like this.
  2. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I feel lonely over here in the DC neck of the woods.

But truthfully ice been on a big video game kick lately and neglected my comic book reading, really need to get back into it.

3. Tim

I mean, I have an uncharacteristically high 3 DC titles on my pull right now...

Batgirl
    Legend of Wonder Woman:wonderwoman:
    Poison Ivy: Cycle of Life and Death

The upcoming Rebirth relaunch is the most interested I've been in the company since getting back into comics, but they have WAY too many twice-a-month titles. No one is going to buy Deathstroke, Cyborg, and Green Arrow twice a month, even at $2.99 a pop, come on.

I really hope Babs Tarr doesn't leave Batgirl. Right now, the only titles in their upcoming line-up that intrigue me are Batgirl, Batgirl and the Birds of Prey, and Blue Beetle, and I won't be pulling all three. We'll see how the creative teams turn out.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  4. Colby Searcy

Woah Tim, 3 titles! You're starting to see the error in your ways! Pretty soon you'll drop all your Marvel titles! :P

That was definitely my first thought about the 2X a month titles but I'm all for them trying new things.

They haven't really released any details on creative teams yet right? Except for the unconfirmed ones that is.

5. Tim

lol. Nah. I think the most I'm willing to do from DC is 3, and Legend of Wonder Woman I think goes until the fall. Though, I think some of the titles I'm interested in don't start until then, so maybe I could do all three I mentioned.

I think the twice a month is going to negate some of the impact $2.99 will have. I mean, more bang for your buck, but $6 a month instead of $4, and you gotta figure they'll have to have rotating artists. I've never actively followed Flash and thought I'd consider it now, but that's turning me off to the idea for sure.

Nope, no creative teams yet.

6. Colby Searcy

You not in the VG thread anymore?

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Honestly haven't turned my Playstation on in a while. I just don't have much to contribute right now. lol

8. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

So I'm pretty in the dark on Rebirth...is there a catch all article as far as information goes on it? Please don't reply with a "google it" response because yes I can do that, but I didn't know if you had something bookmarked already or something haha.

9. Colby Searcy

ChiliTacos likes this.
  10. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

11. suburban myth

Rock-n-Roll Pizzeria Prestigious

Ah, the old shake-up!

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I thought Snyder was trying to avoid doing a Bat book twice a month.

13. Tim

If you mean the talk of him doing Detective, I guess he said that wasn't true recently.

14. Colby Searcy

I don't think he said he didn't want to do 2X a month I think he just said he wanted to do smaller-ish stories

15. suburban myth

Rock-n-Roll Pizzeria Prestigious

Yeah... something about not getting drawn into the big DC events?

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

That makes sense. What I read was probably just early speculation.

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Started reading Low. I think this is my favorite Remender book. Soooo wonderful

Henry likes this.
  19. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Just started reading All New Wolverine. First issue was quite good.

this is the single worst thing I've ever seen.

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Highly doubt we need to look too much into it.

[​IMG]

21. Tim

Talking in the AP.net Civil War thread has reminded me just how much I care about Peter Parker Spider-Man.

Not that I want a lot more with the character. I enjoy what I've read of the current Amazing Spider-Man series, but I dropped it when the brief Cloak & Dagger arc ended and Bendis' Spider-Man began because I'm more interested in new Miles Morales stories than new Peter Parker stories.

Even so, Peter Parker at his best (not in high school; hate that era) is easily my favorite superhero and one of my two absolute favorite fictional characters, the other being Leslie Knope.

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Are you guys for/against changing the name of the thread? Just want to make it as inviting as possible and maybe just cutting down to Comic Books would be fair?

23. Colby Searcy

No problems by me. Although I do enjoy this name

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'll probably change the first post to have our motto at the beginning. lol

Colby Searcy likes this.
  25. Tim

"Comic Book Thread," "Comic Books (Official Thread)," etc. would all be good options.