Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 299

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

I am totally down for something like that. It’s your show. I’m just happy to help.

2. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I've been reading a lot lately that could fit. All of Starlin's Infinity saga, Kurt Busiek's Avengers, I read through Hickman's stuff awhile ago...I wouldn't mind doing Duggan's Infinity Gauntlet...I've had that on my list for awhile. There's also Thanos Rising from Jason Aaron which is my favorite Thanos story, by far.

3. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I know nobody in here cares but I read the first 3 issues of Clue miniseries this morning and it's great! Similar vibe as the film which is my favorite film of all time

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I thought it was a fun read. I think it worked better as single issues, but I enjoyed it as a whole.

Kingjohn_654 and Colby Searcy like this.
  5. Colby Searcy

I love Upton the Butler.

Yeah so far the single issues have been great. I'm curious though what's different between the single issues and the gn that make you say that?

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The way they present the clues at the end of each issue would be different depending on variants. I thought it was a cool concept that was lost via trade.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  7. Colby Searcy

My understanding was that only #1 had multiple endings.

If that's not the case I need to search for more variants...

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Ohhhh I didn't know that. I bought the first issue and then forgot about it until the trade came out. Lol

Colby Searcy likes this.
  9. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Oh boy. Here we go. I LOOOOOOVE cosmic Marvel.
    The original Infinity Gauntlet is essential reading for the movie from what I can tell from the trailers. Also, the sequel, Infinity War is amazing. I like it even more than Infinity Gauntlet. It’s not really stand-alone, so idk how we’d fit it in. I know it’ll be hard to fit the Infinity event in, but I think it’d be good for the movie. It’s the first appearance of The Black Order and they will be in the movie. I read the huge hardcover and it included the main event with the Avengers/New Avengers tie-ins in chronological order and it made perfect sense, but idk how new-reader-friendly the event is just by itself.
    BUT, my all-one favorite Marvel collection is called Avengers vs Thanos. I’ve told Tim about it before. It’s a ton of issues from the 70s-90s that chronicle the cosmic characters, their origins, and important storylines —everything up till Infinity Gauntlet. Gamora, Drax, Adam Warlock, Thanos, Nebula, and others. This should definitely be on there.

Yes! Lemire’s run is two trades, 12 issues. But the first trade is still good by itself. It’s a motley crew of cosmic Marvel characters that want to kill Thanos. The task what be impossible, but they discover that he’s dying with an incurable sickness.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  10. Colby Searcy

Finished Clue just now and god that was a delight

Kingjohn_654 and BackyardHero11 like this.
  11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

best part of the Infinity saga

[​IMG]

12. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Have you guys posted pics of your shelves lately? I'd love to see them.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  13. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Oh wow, 23 issues into Injustice 2 and they made a big reveal they've been holding off since issue 1 and it really payed off.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  14. EarlyMorningRiser

Keep on the sunny side.

I second this. I’d love to do a shelf/collectibles tour of everyone’s stuff.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  15. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

@xapplexpiex, you wanna write about that Avengers vs Thanos collection? Totally forgot about that.

@scottlechowicz, I'll give you Infinity. As we established above, make note of it containing story threads from Avengers & New Avengers.

@Allpwrtoslaves, do you have a preference between Hickman's Avengers titles? The options are New Avengers #1-6, or Avengers #1-13. (The Avengers oversized hardcover conveniently goes through #13, and the Infinity collection starts with Avengers #14.) You can pick the one you prefer, and I'll do the other one.

Already established that @BackyardHero11 is doing Lemire's Thanos.

@Deanna, you wanna do the original 90s Infinity Gauntlet?

scottlechowicz likes this.
  16. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Sounds good.

Tim likes this.
  17. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Yes.

Tim likes this.
  18. Colby Searcy

Not sure if this is what was asked for but:
    IMG_20180404_204128439.jpg IMG_20180404_204111320.jpg

19. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I can do that! I might've read it before, but I'll have to check MU to confirm haha.

20. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Much of my stuff is still at my parents', but here's my current shelf at my current abode:

F14199F1-E142-4037-B4F0-337525C6DA46.jpeg
    64AA3729-C08E-4BB7-8631-AD943DFF7CA1.jpeg
    47914421-A197-4919-871B-C51740D201B2.jpeg
    CD66EBD8-53FC-48A8-A053-B055AF8F8351.jpeg
    919D02F2-C5E8-4043-9381-1FFDDE78A4CA.jpeg

So much stuff I haven't read... lol.

21. EarlyMorningRiser Apr 5, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 5, 2018)
    EarlyMorningRiser

Keep on the sunny side.

I see This One Summer up there. I just picked that up this week at Half Price Books, and I’m loving it so far.

Thanks for the shelf pics, so much good stuff. Wish I had an omnibus collection like that!

I’ll post some pics of my shelves a little later today.

Kingjohn_654 and Tim like this.
  22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

IMG_20180405_095932.jpg IMG_20180405_094741.jpg IMG_20180405_094748.jpg IMG_20180405_094709.jpg IMG_20180405_094643.jpg IMG_20180405_100206.jpg

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Ahh I loved all of the Earth-One books except for WW. Didn't read Teen Titans yet. With Lemire and the Dodsons, I'm sure it'll be great too.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  24. EarlyMorningRiser

Keep on the sunny side.

That collection is unbelievable, and so well organized. I’m adding up the dollars for all those trades!

Kingjohn_654 and Colby Searcy like this.
  25. EarlyMorningRiser

Keep on the sunny side.

I know this stuff isn't all comics related, but this is my home office where I spend most of my time during the week. I mostly read digital comics, so that explains my relative lack of trades with just a few file boxes of single issues.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kingjohn_654, Colby Searcy and Henry like this.