Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 297

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Full Ennis is great. It certainly won't appeal to everyone but he knows what he's doing.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  2. Vivatoto

So a bunch of media that I follow (at least 3) were talking about Starlin's Infinity War since the movie is coming up so I figured I'd read it, and the plot was completely unrecognizable from anything that's been set up for the movie, and it ends up what I was looking for and what people were apparently wrongfully describing was Infinity Gauntlet. Which is weird and is now going to be something that annoys me. Anyway I didn't like War but I really enjoyed Gauntlet and Thanos Quest. (I don't love the 90s)

3. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

The first issue of Underwinter was amazing. I have read it like 10 times. It is so surreal and unnerving.

Vivatoto likes this.
  4. Vivatoto

Yeah and he's building such an excellent world with the addition of Field of Feathers. I'm not sure what his plan is with the series but he's got a lot of places to go with it if he chooses.

5. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Has anyone been reading Metal? I was gonna trade wait it but my LCS has the first 5 for sale and I'm tempted to grab them because the covers are so cool.

6. I've read everything but the tie-ins in other books, and I still don't get it...but I'm in too deep and will end up getting number six when it's out. Feels like you need to know an encyclopedia's worth of knowledge of DC lore (which I do not) to enjoy it fully. The art and concept are killer, though.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  7. Vivatoto

It's excellent but I'd reccomend reading all of the tie ins. Its been a pretty full and satisfying experience. The Wild Hunt for example feels pretty damn necessary

8. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

My wife got me an early Easter present :)

received_10155120581797407.jpeg

Attached Files:

9. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  10. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Nope. I've tried. Does your wife read comics?

Colby Searcy likes this.
  11. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

DC: "Hold the line at $2.99, and we're all about the artists!"

Also DC: double-shipped Justice League relaunch & weekly Man of Steel mini are $3.99 an issue, and two of their new "artists first" series have new artists by the 4th issue

Like, I don't mind rotating artists if the artists are good and are utilized in a way that works for the story. But don't make some big marketing push about how you're the *real* pro-artist company, and then let a couple series where literally the only selling point is "these titles are driven by the art of Jim Lee & JRJR!" fail to put out even a full trade's worth of material with said artists.

And, both Big 2 companies need to experiment with simple $3.99 monthly schedules. For real.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  12. Colby Searcy

She's read some in the past

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  13. Colby Searcy

Just read about all this Comics gate bullshit and it's disappointing hearing about Van Sciver

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

WE3 is great

15. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

He was very vocally pro-trump during 2016.

It’s more of the same from him, unfortunately.

16. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Snyder’s Justice League essentially being the JLU Timmverse roster? Fucking awesome.

However, what in the actual fuck are the rosters to JL Dark, JL Odyssey, and Titans? Dark is missing the huge opportunity of Constantine’s insane popularity right now. Man-Bat and Renee Montoya also seem like strange choices over like Deadman or Etrigan. Wonder Woman is also an odd fit.

The most disappointing is Titans though. I LOVED that book and it’s roster. And now every member other than Nightwing is MIA. Strange.

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm a lot more into JLD than I am Odyssey. Something about that lineup just doesn't appeal to me.

18. Colby Searcy

JLD still have an ongoing comic?

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Alfred's origin story in All-Star is great

Vivatoto, Colby Searcy and fluxyjoe like this.
  20. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

I’ll read anything that has Swamp Thing. I want to see how the JLD reboot does.

21. Colby Searcy

Different from Earth-One Graphic Novels?

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I haven't read those yet. I ordered the first volumes of Batman and Superman this week.

Kingjohn_654 and Colby Searcy like this.
  23. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Read Superman: Birthright and really loved that version of his origin. I've read about 15 Superman trades now and I think I've covered most of the big ones (All-Star, Secret Origin, Death of Superman, Red Son). But I'm up for some suggestions if anyone has 'em!

Made myself a small reading list for now. Next up is Hellblazer: Dangerous Habits, then the first two Flash books from Geoff Johns. I have a bunch of stuff from him to read left on my shelf. Green Lantern and Teen Titans stuff but I don't think I have the complete run for either so I keep putting it off.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Earth One Wonder Woman was something... You can tell it was written by a creepy ass dude.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  25. Colby Searcy

Probably my least favorite of the Earth One's so far. Definitely didn't make me like Morrison any more than I already kinda don't