Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 292

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

"What the hell's a jenecksor?" :heart: Paper Girls

2. Vivatoto Feb 8, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 8, 2018)
    Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Mother Panic V Batman was so good, the Milk Wars has been great. Houser needs to write a mini series team up baddd, especially since Violet officially now knows his identity (assuming they don't retcon, which given the plot is likely)
    Of course Tom King can write a perfect Swamp Thing story too. The Winter Special is a must read.

3. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

I’ve been making my way through Johns’ JSA and Hawkman.

I love how he tried to meld the Ancient Egypt / Thanagar origins for Hawkman / Hawkgirl. It ended up fairly convoluted, as expected, but I appreciate the attempt.

I like the Hawks. Hope they are both coming back into the DCU post-metal.

4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Just finished speed-reading Planet of the Symbiotes (as fuel for my pro Venom movie talk), and man... That story is such delightful nonsense. There's an entire army of invading symbiotes, and also a gigantic Carnage at the end who absorbed a bunch of those invaders.

I'm definitely gonna revisit this ridiculous adventure closer to the film's release.

5. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Spent way too much on a Babs Tarr sketch but I think it is someone shell knock out of the park.

Sakhmet from W+D. I was going to have Annie Wu do her, but I think she could do a great Lucifer. Slowly getting them done.

7. Tim

8. Tim

9. Tim

(Happy Tim Posts Tweets In This Thread Day, apparently.)

10. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Since the Spidey site has kept me busy lately, I had paused on reading through Morrison’s Batman. I’ve read Batman and Son through Time and the Batman. Starting Final Crisis now since I know that takes place before Batman and Robin.

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Contender and SpyKi like this.
  12. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Where should I start with Black Panther? Will all the crazy success of the film I'd like to dive into the comics to learn more

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Read the opening post of the Black Panther thread. I updated it with a reading list.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  14. Tim

What Henry said. Here it is: Movie - Black Panther (Ryan Coogler, Feb 16 2018)

I personally think that the Christopher Priest run is both the best starting point and the best Black Panther run. If you really want more of the politics of Wakanda, Ta-Nehisi Coates' run has the most of that. But otherwise, definitely start with Priest.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  15. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Awesome, thank you guys.

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

17. Tim

"Marvel needs to get their act together and run things differently!"

"Marvel needs to stop mixing things up!"

. . .

I have some notable criticisms of Marvel's business approach in the past couple years, but man, popular conversations about what Marvel is supposed to do are some of the stupidest circular tirades I've ever been stuck in. I'd be able to take these a lot more seriously if any of this posed an actual proposal for what they should be doing, instead of these petty darned-if-you-do-darned-if-you-don't think pieces and complaints and whatnot.

*sigh*

SpyKi likes this.
  18. Tim

Marvel2018.jpg

Man, I seriously love this image, too. Though, putting the Amazing Spider-Man so prominently front and center puts a heck of a lot of weight on what they do with that series post-Slott, even more than there already was.

If they really want to make the right first impression, they need to make both Amazing Spider-Man and Avengers strictly once a month titles with strong creative teams and no crossovers or mini-event miniseries. And, keep the legacy numbering instead of giving those books new #1s.

Considering the nature of the complaints, no announcement could ever make people happy. But, if they do that and maintain it longterm, then by mid-late 2019, Marvel will have a sturdy foundation to work out of.

19. Tim

Avengers is, indeed, getting a new #1. Hm.

I'm gonna wait 'til the dust settles before fully formulating my thoughts.

20. Tim

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I might not pick up any books outside of Ms. Marvel. Just doesn't feel interesting going back to a status quo at this point. Guess it really depends on who is writing stuff.

22. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Jason Aaron on Avengers? Fuck yeah. I’ll read anything from him after his incredible Thor saga.

Now if only we could get Esad Ribic on art.

Tim likes this.
  23. GBlades

Trusted

Give me anything by Aaron and I'm in.

Tim likes this.
  24. Tim

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

yeee