Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 291

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

2. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

She's a keeper!

Colby Searcy likes this.
  3. Kingjohn_654

Mark Waid is beginning to write with a co-worker on Archie. You think he's transitioning away from the book?

Colby Searcy likes this.
  4. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I've definitely grown fond of her after 9 years and (almost) 2 kids

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  5. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Link? The first story arcs of new Archie are really good. Quality took a small dive now, but I still enjoy it especially that they're building the Archie-Betty-Veronica arc.

6. Kingjohn_654

Colby Searcy likes this.
  7. zigbigwig

Kingjohn_654 and Colby Searcy like this.
  8. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

So, um, we're about two weeks away from Black Panther. And we only have 3 people, including me, for our Further Reading post, lol.

Anyone else wanna join?

@Vivatoto already sent his blurb on Priest's Black Panther to me. @Deanna, did we ever 100% confirm you have "Who is the Black Panther"? lol. If not, you do. And I still need to pick mine, but I'll wait a little first.

Do we wanna be cool with a shorter list? Or we wanna see if anyone wants to cover more than one?

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Curse Words might be my favorite comedy book going right now. Just great.

10. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I'm fine with doing that! I can probably get a second one done if you do want a longer list, just let me know.

11. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I've been reading The Boys and I love it. There's really no one like Garth Ennis.

12. Kingjohn_654

I literally cried reading the last issue. I guess it could've been funnier, but it really gets you invested in the characters. It's cool because you learn more about why Reggie is the way he is and you get to learn more about Moose. The best part of course is that Betty Cooper is the greatest.

Archie is at volume 4. Which is the "Over the Edge" storyline. Volume 5 comes out in May. Oh and yeah, Fiona is amazing.

zigbigwig likes this.
  13. Vivatoto

"I think what you're trying to say is, oh sh... Shazam!"

14. zigbigwig

That's pretty cool. I'll think about picking up the trade next time I visit my LCS.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  15. Kingjohn_654

Let me know what you think! I really feel like it was written for longtime Archie fans.

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Holy shit, I love Generation Gone. It's like a combo of Akira, Misfits, and early X-Men. The art rules too. Feels very similar to Quitely.

Contender likes this.
  17. Tim

Deanna likes this.
  18. Vivatoto

The Silencer was solid. I like her power, figured she was more of a Punisher character. I'll be sticking with this one.

19. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Apparently Stan Lee has been rushed to the hospital

20. Tim

Reports are that he's doing well and that this was merely a precaution.

Honestly, between his age and the loss of his wife, I've already found myself wondering if he'll make in past this year, even before this report. I hope for a full recovery and all that jazz, obviously, and I'm glad he's reportedly doing well... But, I totally find it more likely that he's gone this time next year than that he's not. And, it'll be a sad day when that happens.

ghostedaway likes this.
  21. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Not looking forward to that day

22. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I’m not a fan of this. I mean I generally tended to like a lot of Bendis works at Marvel, but he definitely has his flaws. And to give him essentially ultimate control of Superman? Just kinda weird.

Also, why remove Tomasi and Gleason from the title. Under their run Superman became one of my favorite current books to read, and I never in my life thought I would say that about a Superman comic. Superfamily for life.

23. Tim

I absolutely adored Tomasi and Gleason's Superman for about 20-something issues, but then ended up dropping it because I felt like I'd gotten everything I was gonna get out of it. So Bendis or not, I'm happy for a change there.

As for specifically Bendis... I think he's a fantastic fit for the world of Superman. He's a Jewish man originally from Cleveland, which is cool considering the character's roots. He's into social issues and has a lot of crime comic experience, so he can handle that side well. He's also got a strong (albeit a tad inconsistent at times) of big superhero action. I think he could do some good stuff with Lois. I think he'll use the accelerated schedule to his advantage instead of detriment, especially with his decompressed storytelling style. He shamelessly makes bold creative choices without, in my opinion, losing sight of the core of the title.

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Soooooo I just won this.

upload_2018-2-4_15-50-33.png

25. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'm excited for Bendis Superman, I just hope he gets a good artist too.

Vivatoto and Kingjohn_654 like this.