Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 276

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Awesome. I'll probably order the first book tonight.

2. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

As the book goes on, other characters pop in for an arc, etc. But I believe the “team” always remains the same.

It also gave us the watchtower.

Henry likes this.
  3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Contender and Colby Searcy like this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Vivatoto likes this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Order all of these, yall.

6. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

I second most of those. Especially Black Monday Murders.

Curse Words is so much fun.

Vivatoto likes this.
  7. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Oh shoot. Gonna have to look through some of that.

8. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Ok, the Spider-Man by Todd McFarlane Omnibus that I've been considering getting since it came out (the one collecting his adjective-less series that started w/ "Torment") was 55% off, which is the cheapest I've seen it thus far. So, I got that, the Black Monday Murders vol 1 trade, and the Southern Bastards Deluxe Hardcover vol 1. Decent bit of content for just over $50.

This makes my grand total money spent on comics today a little over $100... which I really shouldn't have done today. But, whatever.

Henry likes this.
  9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Make sure you check with IST right when stuff comes out. The discount is usually the highest right when the books are released. I always try and get orders in every week because I get the initial discount and a weekly 3% discount.

I know a lot of people don't like moving away from Amazon because of prime, but if you are buying books often enough. IST is cheaper lie 90% of the time.

All that said, I wish there were a Half Price Books anywhere near me.

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Batman Who Laughs was cool but all of the stories got redundant by the end.

Got this today

dadbolt, Colby Searcy and Vivatoto like this.
  11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

So this guy was charging $750 for sketches that took him an hour and people on Instagram (and other places) threw a collective fit. He's definitely overcharging, but proved that people are clearly willing to pay it. The comments are so silly.

12. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Since I've been horrendous at reading comics lately, I decided to make myself a reading order that consists of probably close to 30 trades. Starting off with Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Didn't plan out a schedule or anything, but just figured this would get my butt in gear.

DeRRek, BackyardHero11 and Vivatoto like this.
  13. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

If you don't mind me asking, how much did this cost?

I'D LOVE to get something by him and get it tattooed

14. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I just read the first trade for Curse Words, pretty fun. Are you reading the new issues of East of West?

scottlechowicz likes this.
  15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

His stuff isn't cheap, by any means. I paid $130 for that one and $250 for my Steph Brown one.

Home

Colby Searcy likes this.
  16. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

That's actually not bad at all, less than I was thinking honestly

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I should mention they are only 5x7's

18. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yeah I started doing that with a lot of content haha. planned out my next three video games even haha. backlogs are hell

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

@Tim what did you think of the Son of Penguin arc? I think it might actually be my favorite of the Burnside one since the very early stuff.

20. DeRRek

Trusted

Ok. I’ve been far behind on reading and have totally let batman metal fly over my head. Can someone please be so kind as to tell me the order in which to read them and where to start etc.? Thanks in advance! (Also, I picked up the Akita 35th anniversary box set last week and it looks incredible.

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

Colby Searcy and DeRRek like this.
  22. DeRRek

Trusted

Awesome. Thank you. Will try and get these read soon! I’ve heard only good things so far.

23. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

it's very convoluted and hard to follow at first but it gets really good after the prologue issues and Metal #1.

DeRRek likes this.
  24. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

Finally read Batman Lost and Batman Who Laughs this morning and they were both great

Vivatoto and DeRRek like this.
  25. DeRRek

Trusted

Cool. Yeah. That’s why I’ve asked for the order as I wasn’t 100% certain. Thanks. That’s good to know. Looking forward to reading

dadbolt likes this.