Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 275

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Is there a not so well kept secret about that kind of stuff?

Colby Searcy likes this.
  2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Who knows how bad it is beyond Berganza. Considering how small the comics industry is, though, and how much of a boys club in a lot of places, there being a lot more wouldn't surprise me. I mean, heck, look at the Jesse Lacey situation.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  3. Tim

Also, this observation is depressing:

No wonder that whole "artist-driven" branding of new titles spinning out of Metal conveniently has no women.

4. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Brian Wood’s awfulness has been an open secret and something I talked about earlier in this thread.

5. Tim

Forgot about him. When I see his name, I remember there being a reason I try to avoid him but never recall why. Didn't he write that all-women X-Men book initially illustrated by Coipel? I adore the cover art to that first issue and hate that someone so gross wrote that (instead of, you know, maybe a woman).

scottlechowicz likes this.
  6. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Picked this up for $15 today. I haven’t read much of the older Batman stuff so I’m excited to check it out. Whenever I manage to get around to it that is haha.

BackyardHero11 and Colby Searcy like this.
  7. Tim

Deanna likes this.
  8. Tim

fluxyjoe and Colby Searcy like this.
  9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

A little late

10. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

"little"

11. scottlechowicz Nov 11, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 11, 2017)
    scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

This is crazy. The allegations are old. They have known about them for a long time and have taken steps to ensure that he is not alone with women.

This is such a hollow step. :/

The higher ups who didn’t act are the ones who
    Need to be under review

Tim and Colby Searcy like this.
  12. Tim

It's a cop out answer due to pressure, but if cop out answers due to pressure can slowly make the industry just a little safer for women, I'll take it (while obviously demanding more).

Hopefully this begins the process of women and other vulnerable creators feeling safe coming forward, and their testimonies being believed and acted on.

scottlechowicz and Colby Searcy like this.
  13. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

It’s just frustrating for them to spin it as if this is new information that they are now processing.

Bleeding Cool has been writing articles about this man for YEARS.

But it will be satisfying to see the creeps be forced out of the industry I love. Bring it on.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  14. Tim

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  15. Tim

I have no strong attachment to these first two characters revealed, but Namor and a Wakandan mutant should have some good chemistry. Also, that one silhouette is totally All-New Wolverine, which I assumed would happen with her not on any current teams and Tom Taylor writing this, but nice to get semi-confirmed. That's totally Nightcrawler's 3-digit hand, too, right?

16. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Oops. Sorry! Got all caught up in job interview stuff (hoping to hear back on a part-time job at Apple today or tomorrow) so my brain has been mush. I'll have it to you in a few hours.

Tim likes this.
  17. Tim

Full roster. Dig Laura's new costume. Not the most exciting roster, but I'm still somehow pretty into this series.

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I don't recognize the two additions.

19. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

The Goddamned is so good. The oversized edition looks gorgeous (and is also pretty damn cheap)

Henry likes this.
  20. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

So excited for that roster because of how diverse the team is and its not the same tired characters slapped together with a new name. Don't get me wrong, I love the long standing characters but there are so many unused mutants in limbo still. It bums me out characters like Gentle have been doing nothing for years. Not the biggest fans of creating new mutants right now for that reason, but the character sounds promising. I just love the X-Men and v passionate lmao

I work as a counselor as a detox center over night as a counselor. Last night I had my iPad with me with Marvel Prime on, and a client asked what I was doing. I told them I have been rereading Claremont's on Uncanny, and that clicked with them They used to love comics, so I let them use it to read some newer books!!!

Tim and ugman_2000 like this.
  21. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

So DC fired Eddie Berganza.

Good riddance. Too bad it’s like years after it should have happened.

Tim likes this.
  22. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Tim likes this.
  23. Tim

Today at HPB, I got the complete Morrison JLA run (in the older trade collections), the last volume I needed of X-Statix (vol 3, which is OOP and usually somewhat pricey online), and Spider-Man: Identity Crisis.

Total money spent on all of that? Just over $50. Just under a dollar per issue collected in said trades.

You just can't beat a good HPB trip.

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Does Morrison use a ton of characters in JLA? One of my biggest complaints about team-ups is that there is too much. I hear nothing but good things about the book, but I'm still reluctant.

25. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

the premise of Morrison’s JLA relaunch was to use the “main 7”: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and Martian Manhunter.

It’s fairly limited to those 7, but not exclusive to them.