Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 265

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Thanks! I figured since they'll be doing the show on Runaways, that would be a good one to cover. I plan to get a bunch of stuff done next week when I have the house to myself haha. So my plan is to read those two that I haven't yet then.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Realized today that I didn't pick up Snotgirl last week, because it was out this week. lol. Still love the books so damn much.

The Red Death was so fucking awesome. If all of the tie-ins are this good, I'll pick up every single one of them.

ChiliTacos and dadbolt like this.
  3. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah i did not to expect to like Red Death as much as I did. Bats' fight with Barry and his plot to extract the Speed Force was sick

4. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I keep forgetting that Ollie and Harley don't have a relationship in this continuity and it makes me sad because that's one of my favorite parts of the Injustice universe.

I'm also really excited to read Red Death. Reading Nightwing's Gotham Resistance now and it's a lot of fun.

5. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

My comic shop is celebrating its one year anniversary. Throughout the week, there has been parties and deals. Todays has been my favorite with fifty percent off Marvel titles. I went a little overboard catching up on my back catalog. All I know is that I wish Marvel books were cheaper in general.

Also, how cool is this Jean Grey variant??

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Some of the Venomized stuff is dope.

7. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Man that cover is gorgeous

Contender likes this.
  8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I want all of these

9. Vivatoto

First issue of Wonder Woman/Conan was pretty awesome. I don't really care about Conan, but it's awesome that Gail Simone is back writing WW.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  10. Vivatoto

Sounds like they're making a movie for Kill the Minotaur which has been absolutely fantastic so far. Horror fans trade waiting are going to love it.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Colby Searcy likes this.
  12. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

13. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

guess we know where henry is going this weekend

Colby Searcy likes this.
  14. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Anyone grab anything for Batman/Harley Quinn day? I just went to the local shop and grabbed the three free comics. Haven't read them yet, but I'll probably do that at some point this weekend.

15. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

[MAJOR SPOILER] Returns In 'Marvel Legacy' One-Shot

I was expecting Reed and/or Sue Richards to be the reveal, but this could be cool, too. I've been of the opinion that Old Man Logan and All-New Wolverine should allow classic Logan to stay dead for at least a couple more years, but some people are really stuck on OML not really being Logan for some reason. If the rumors of Jason Aaron continuing the story in the one-shot in the pages of Avengers are true, though, then I'm all in on Aaron writing Logan in that series.

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Bought a ticket to NYCC for next week. Thursday was the only day that had tickets, so I pulled the trigger. Looks like MOST artists will be there all four days. No Chip tho. :tear:

Shakriel likes this.
  17. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Holy over saturation, Batman. With Old Man Logan being around since his death, it hasn't felt like he has been dead at all. The X-Men have treated him as if he was their Logan. The only person that hasn't accepted him has been Laura. So what's the difference between the two and the occasional mention he killed the X-Men in his timeline? OML has been all over the place, now we have to go through that with Wolverine again. Now we also have to look forward to the potential Logan/Jean relationship.

So with Jean, Logan, and Xavier coming back, it's time to bring justice for Cyclops.

18. Tim

To be fair, Old Man Logan popped up about a year after Logan died. But, yeah, the usage of OML as if he's just plain old Logan makes this weird. Though, I'm certainly curious as to how they handle there being essentially two Logans. Will classic Logan take his older counterpart's place in Blue/Astonishing/Weapon X? Will Weapon X, Old Man Logan, and All-New Wolverine all keep continuing? Since Logan's return is tied to the Infinity Stones, will he maybe initially appear mainly outside of the X-books? A lot to consider for sure.

19. Tim

Doing some catching up, and Spider-Men II #3 was really good and unexpected.

The whole issue was centered on the history of 616 Miles Morales. (If you haven't been paying attention, this mini is largely about who the 616's Miles is, not to be confused with the 1610 Miles Spider-Man who now resides in the 616 universe.) Turns out he helped Wilson Fisk become the Kingpin. There was a scene where Fisk almost acted like this Miles' Ganke, lol.

I don't know that I could see a criminal with the same name as Spider-Man continuing as a major player beyond this mini, but if he survives, I'd like to see more of him. He could be a fun addition to Marvel's NYC criminal underground.

20. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Colby Searcy likes this.
  21. Tim

Fantastic, depressing look at how the worst part of the Comics Code wasn't the limiting of edgy white dude stories with sex and horror, but rather the effective squashing of a vibrant, diverse, inclusive Golden Age of comics.

22. Tim

'Marvel Legacy' One-Shot Reveals Another Major Return

Looks like, in addition to Logan with an Infinity Stone, the Marvel Legacy one-shot will also feature Franklin and Valeria Richards, which I personally find much cooler. Definitely cannot wait for Marvel Two-In-One!

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

dadbolt, Contender, tucah and 2 others like this.
  24. Vivatoto

New Wonder Woman team is great, loving it again. Also so happy that that villain is back.

25. Vivatoto

Not sure how well Legacy works if you're not caught up on the Marvel Universe, found myself pretty damn confused. The Generations one shot for Captain America was solid though. Sweet little story.

as_we_learn likes this.