Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 264

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Contender, dadbolt and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Reading some Oeming Red Sonja today. He seems to have a good grasp on what makes the character great. I'll probably pick up more of his stuff when I can.

3. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Been reading and loving a lot of Marvel recently. Read all of Ultimate-Spiderman, it was my first spiderman comic, loved most of it, specifically anything with the Green Goblin, Venom, Carnage, Gwen, and the Clone stuff. I didn't like the X-men crossovers as much. Also started Thor God of Thunder and Ed Brubakers Captain America which are both tremendous. Just started the New Avengers too.

as_we_learn and Tim like this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

All great choices. Read Aaron's more recent run as well, if you haven't already.

5. Vivatoto

Yeah I read the first issue before I realized he had a previous run and decided to go back to that one first. I remember always being really impressed with the artwork when it was posted in here.

6. Vivatoto

Oz Effect in Action Comics was crazy good. The art reminded me a lot of Capullo. I'm not sure how I feel about the reveal of Oz's identity as I'm not exactly sure if it's real or not, guess we'll see. Certainly not what I was expecting. Though a lot of the shit he's said throughout the years is starting to make a bit of sense.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  7. Tim

Kingjohn_654 and as_we_learn like this.
  8. Dodge725

Trusted

Metal #2 was really cool. This seems like it's gonna be a really fun story and I love all the nods to older events. The Gotham Resistance tie-in (Teen Titans) was also cool with an interesting premise and combination of characters making up the team, and I'm really excited to see where that goes. The new Harley costume is great too as it's a nice mix of all her previous ones.

scottlechowicz and Vivatoto like this.
  9. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I know nobody cares but I read the Miles Morales novel and it was quite good. A nice just simple story that really drives into the characters more

Kingjohn_654 and Tim like this.
  10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

scottlechowicz and Tim like this.
  11. Tim

Between Runaways, Captain America, and Marvel Two-in-One, I've got a lot of titles that it'll be hard to resist buying monthly, lol.

Speaking of Marvel, apparently Weapon X is still continuing? Weapon X Gets Nuked by Marvel's Super-Soldier Program

Between the Hulk crossover and the existence of both All-New Wolverine and Old Man Logan, I kinda assumed it'd be on the chopping block, especially since Astonishing X-Men has a similar almost-an-X-Force-series vibe. Though, now that Greg Land is off the book, I'm totally down with Greg Pak writing this fun roster. I'll add this to the list of current X-books I plan on getting in trades eventually.

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Tim and Shakriel like this.
  13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Action Comics reveal suckssssss

14. Colby Searcy

Vivatoto likes this.
  15. Vivatoto

Colby Searcy likes this.
  16. Tim

Amazing Spider-Man and Venom are crossing over for Venom Inc, which looks like fun, though wow are we getting a lot of Venom content lately. Anyways, I did this cover:
    IMG_9313.JPG

Also, Christopher Priest is taking over Justice League. His run is supposed to have a "what if these characters were in the real world," which is an overdone premise, but I trust Priest to do a good job with it. Plus, his story apparently starts with Batman making a costly mistake, and I sure like Batman making mistakes.

17. Colby Searcy

It's so good man. At this rate I'll read it in about 7-8 years.

For since reason this year most of my reading has been actual books and once I get through the stack on my nightstand I plan to read the entirety of Locke & Key And Hack/Slash FINALLY!

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

That first Hack/Slash book was a rough read for me, but I loved everything that followed.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  19. Colby Searcy

Yeah I read the first Omnibus in like 2010 and loved it. Been meaning to reread that and actually read the other 4 since then and just haven't.

Why was it rough?

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

They just felt like they were all over the place. I couldn't really get into some of the later stuff with Chucky and what not. I kept going because I liked the early issues.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Went to pick up Snotgirl today and picked up everything but Snotgirl. lol.

Phoenix Generations was really really great. Loved the story so much.

Absolutely adored the start of Runaways. Nico running out of spells is never not hilarious. Love Anka's art.

Metal is awesome so far. Love where it is going and all of the callbacks to the last fifteen years of Batman. Not sure if I'll pick up the one-shots or stick with the main story.

Redlands is awesome. I wasn't a big fan of her work prior to this book, but Del Rey is all kinds of amazing on this book.

Vivatoto and Tim like this.
  22. Tim

Henry saying good things about Del Rey art makes me happier than it should, lol.

23. Tim

Who knows how many consecutive issues Jim Cheung will actually do, but every issue he does will be wonderful.

as_we_learn likes this.
  24. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I've been brainstorming some future comic book episodes for the podcast. What do you all think of these as topics?

Green Arrow: Year One
    Batman: The Black Mirror (still need to read)
    Flashpoint
    Batgirl/Robin: Year One (still need to read)
    Runaways
    Hawkeye (Fraction/Aja)

Just going off of what I own and what's on Marvel Unlimited that I've read. So obviously lots more options, but these ones interest me the most right now.

Vivatoto and BackyardHero11 like this.
  25. BackyardHero11

Trusted

all good choices, never read Runaway though. both ones you've never read are great though so enjoy!