Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 253

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

As a very casual comic book fan, I can probably name less than ten artists off the top of my head and only one of them would be a woman. I think it's cool that Archie keeps hiring women as their artists, they've had a few men too, but unless I'm mistaken, it's been about half and half. I'm excited to see Audrey Mok's work on the series.

'Archie' Writer On Betty's Fate After Shock Twist

Colby Searcy likes this.
  2. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Superman was so cheesy bad, these in between arc issues are doing nothing for me.

The new Aquaman arc is so perfect. Definitely a lot of Game of Thrones inspiration.

Sad about Nightwing, some good set up though.

Lol, Old Man Robin.

Glad that Justice League is done with the fill in issues for now, those were exhausting. Besides Wonder Woman's inhuman face it was really good. Lots of build up for this series which I'm enjoying.

Wow Batman continues to be incredible, best issue so far and it was an interlude. The scene on the couch was so perfect. I love that they've been adding Kite Man hints since the beginning of the run. Also that preview of King's Mister Miracle looks really good.

Wildstorm continues to perfect the slow burn. This was one of the shit hits the fan issues and it was wonderful.

So glad they finally added Supergirl to Injustice 2. That might have been my favorite representation of Krypton's destruction that I've read. Also loved that Black Adam's version of events had the heroes looking like their Anti-Matter world counterparts.

Might have been the most bloodsoaked issue of Invincible ever.

dadbolt likes this.
  3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I was really on the fence about Empress while reading it. It kinda felt like a discount Black Science up until the last issue of the first book. Really liked the payoff even though it kinda came out of nowhere. Hopefully book two is a little more consistent.

dadbolt likes this.
  4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

:chin:

Colby Searcy likes this.
  5. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

After loving season one of Riverdale, and not really knowing anything about those characters previously, I want to read some Archie comics. Anyone have some recommendations?

Kingjohn_654 and Colby Searcy like this.
  6. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

The newer reboot is a great place. Also the Riverdale comic is cool too.

Jason Tate and ChiliTacos like this.
  7. BackyardHero11

Trusted

absolutely start with the current Mark Waid run.

8. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I would like to also recommend the new Archie that Mark Waid has been writing. It's a great balance of teen drama mixed with the goofy humor of the classics.

I'm also a fan of the digests you can pick up at the grocery store checkout line. They're perfect for reading on the toilet.

Colby Searcy and ChiliTacos like this.
  9. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Doing a podcast on Captain America: The First Avenger made me realize I actually haven't read too many of his comics. Suggestions? I did read Civil War, but honestly I've only read two issues from his solo books and I think one was a Civil War tie-in.

10. Tim

Everyone who said the current Waid series is right.

Also check out Afterlife With Archie, which was written by the executive producer of Riverdale and illustrated by one of my favorite artists. It's a cool zombie series that shouldn't be your first Archie but is worth checking out.

Read the Brubaker run, which is generally viewed as the best Captain America run.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  11. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Will do! I might have the first issue in my MU library already, but I'll double check. There's a lot in there haha.

12. Colby Searcy

What about Nick Spencer's run

13. Tim

Shakriel likes this.
  14. Tim

dadbolt and Colby Searcy like this.
  15. Colby Searcy

It was a joke
    I'm hilarious

16. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

never change colby

Colby Searcy likes this.
  17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Got my roommate to read Rat Queens after two years of pestering him. He loved it. Now I just need to convince him other comics are cool.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  18. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Did Roc ever come back? I remember hearing he might and that prevented me from continuing it when it recently started up again.

19. Tim

as_we_learn and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  20. Vivatoto

Amazing, Grant Morrison working on a sequel to Arkham Asylum.

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Kirkman said he has an end in mind for Walking Dead. Crazy it went on this long

22. Tim

YES. Waid/Samnee/Wilson (Black Widow) are doing Captain America starting in November. Stellar creative team. Can't wait.

as_we_learn, Kingjohn_654 and Deanna like this.
  23. Tim

Also, apparently the new creative team for Spider-Man/Deadpool (which will for a time be called "Spider-Man vs Deadpool") is Robbie Thompson and Chris Bachalo. I'm gonna trade-wait that, but I'm all about Bachalo returning to Spidey.

Jason Tate and as_we_learn like this.
  24. Vivatoto

Damn, did not know that Clean Room Vol 3 doesn't have Jon Davis-Hunt...That's really disappointing.

I am happy that apparently this is just the end of season one though, didn't know that either thought it was over.

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

oh thank god. I was worried there wouldn't be more.