Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 232

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Finished that a few days ago--the story only gets better! The arc after the Owls saga is horrifyingly good. As verbose as Snyder is, his pacing is excellent. I never imagined being scared of what might come on the next page, but between the twisty plots and Capullo's scratchy art, I find myself needing something light after Death of the Family, haha.

SpyKi likes this.
  2. I finished up "Owls" this afternoon and just started on "Death" as well. I really love all the Owl stuff I was left wanting so many more answers. Haha. Good stuff. I'm enjoying creepy af Joker as well, I just had to keep reading!

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Detective Comics has been great under Tynion. LOVED Victim Syndicate. The pages Ben Oliver did on the Batwoman issues were gorgeous too. So much to love there.

Deanna, dadbolt and Vivatoto like this.
  4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Wow, Stan Lee really liked having characters play possum in 60s ASM stories. Spidey and his villains have both done so multiple times in this run, lol. "That was easier than expected!" "That's 'cause I WAS WAITING FOR YOU TO LET YOUR GUARD DOWN!"

5. Tim

IMG_8739.JPG

That awkward moment when Stan Lee, nearly 50 years ago, with all his problems, somehow got closer to accepting radical activism as necessary than Nick Spencer did in Sam Wilson: Captain America.

Contender likes this.
  6. Tim

IMG_8740.JPG

At least someone in story is catching on!

(Triple post, y'all.)

7. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

@Tim I'll have my WW paragraph to you later today!

Tim likes this.
  8. Tim

Never mind. The very next 2 pages, Lizard is falling for possum-playing again:
    IMG_8741.JPG

9. Tim

I'll stop spamming this thread after this, but this encounter in the next issue of ASM hilariously continues to prove my point.

IMG_8743.JPG
    IMG_8744.JPG

lulz. Hopefully people enjoyed these real-time updates on my reading, and hopefully I'm not the only one digging into some comics today. :spiderman::heart:

Kingjohn_654 and ChiliTacos like this.
  10. Tim

Colby Searcy and dadbolt like this.
  11. God damn 'Death of the Family' was dark.

Yikes.

On to 'Zero Year - Secret City.' I love three day weekends.

fluxyjoe, dadbolt, SpyKi and 2 others like this.
  12. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I know the stuff with Eddie but I'm unfamiliar about Didio's care to share?

13. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Oats is the only way I've heard it

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  14. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Guess who just added Batman (Snyder and Capullo run) to their podcast spreadsheet today? I need to buy vols 9 and 10, but 10 is the only one I have left to read.

ChiliTacos, SpyKi and Jason Tate like this.
  15. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

10 is actually pretty lame. There's only one (maybe two) snyder/capullo stories, and the others aren't that great. I like their final issue and it's a great wrap up to their run, but it did feel pretty lame paying $10 for basically that one issue. And that issue is basically an epilogue. Vol. 6 was similar in that it didn't contain an arc, but at least it had that really cool two-part Clayface story.

16. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I just feel like if I'm going to buy the other 9, I might as well complete the collection with that one, too.

SpyKi likes this.
  17. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Oh I'm with you 100% on that. I definitely had to have it. It's annoying how bad they all look on a shelve together though. I feel my anxiety rise every time I look at it haha. I think you're digital so you may not have to deal with that, but yeah.

SpyKi likes this.
  18. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Cover for vol 10 is so good though.

ChiliTacos, Deanna and Vivatoto like this.
  19. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Oh no, I have physical copies for this run haha. I only do digital for Marvel and when Comixology has a sale I'd be dumb to say no to. My vol. 8 is a hardcover that DC sent me to review so it's really out of place haha.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  20. Tim

@Henry, where's your WW blurb?

/public shaming

Jason Tate and scottlechowicz like this.
  21. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I also had a random HC in that run, Vol 4 I think because I saw it at half price books in perfect condition so I couldn't say no. It ended up annoying me enough that I gave it to a friend and rebought the TPB haha. It was a win win though because it got him into comics a bit and I think he's purchased a handful of trades since then.

22. This is a fun "new" take on the origin story. I knew nothing about this at all going in ... nice change of pace from the last arc. Hah.

SpyKi, dadbolt and ChiliTacos like this.
  23. lol. I gotta find my copy of this at my parent's house, I have it in some tiny like 5x7 book thing that I got somewhere at some point when I was a child.

Tim likes this.
  24. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Zero Year has some of the best art in the whole run. I adore the color work, especially in the second half of the story (I won't give away the specific part I'm talking about so as not to spoil it for Jason haha).

SpyKi and dadbolt like this.
  25. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Yeah. I mean, it was free so I couldn't complain haha. I tried to get them to send me 9 but they only send a digital file that expired.

ChiliTacos likes this.