Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comic Books Comic Book • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

So I'm hoping to gain control of this thread at some point so I can edit the first post and maintain it like we did on AP. Basically just going to copy and paste it over unless you guys want to make changes/add your suggestions on there.

2. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

i'm more of a graphic novels guy myself but i'll join in here :upturned nose:

3. @Henry

You should be good to go. Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns about anything. Soon I'll have more posts up about moderation policy and all that as well.

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

@Jason Tate Thanks man. I didn't realize how easy it was to just copy and paste it after I had the power to change it. lol

Have you gotten a chance to read anything lately? I always felt like you were well read on some of the older Batman and stuff.

5. The power! Haha.

I am so far behind in basically everything I want to read, I want to catch up on so many things and need to find the time to do it, or take a vacation and bring like 10 books with me. The last I read was Faction's Hawkeye which I flat out loved. I am in the middle of reading some Saga right now, and also really love that, but want to finish and haven't been able to yet.

6. suburban myth

Rock-n-Roll Pizzeria Prestigious

As always - plug for deadly class. Nothing I read comes close to what that series has to offer.

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Haha I hear ya. I've been buying a lot of trades and neglecting to read all of the current stuff. I know I'll get around to it, but time is not something I have been afforded with lately.

8. suburban myth

Yeah, it's insanely good - especially the first volume.

9. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

What's up homies! This site looks really nice, you think it'll get rid of the trolls haha?

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Did you want to add anything to the first post of the thread? You don't have to worry about formatting or links. I can take care of that stuff.
    Wooooo. Good to have you here.

11. Malatesta

Was this your username on ap? I can't remember if I recognize you haha

12. Colby Searcy

Nah, my ap username is stubbie25.

I didn't really like it and just never tried to have it changed or what not haha. Figured I'd just go by my actual name.

13. Malatesta

I gotchu I know who you are :*

14. suburban myth Mar 10, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 10, 2016)
    suburban myth

Oh hell I didn't even see that first post - great idea! I would absolutely add:

Deadly Class (IMAGE)
    W: Rick Remender
    A: Wes Craig

This series starts out on a fairly "basic" premise: Marcus Lopez - once an orphan, living on the streets - becomes a member of the Kings Dominion School for the Deadly Arts. A loner at the beginning, he is forced to forge friendships with various members of the assassin groups in school to better his chances of survival & "graduating." As the story progresses, we learn about how Marcus came to be an orphan, his desire for revenge, and his deep-running depression & how that all affects his relationships with everyone he comes in contact with. This series is an incredible look at depression & the desire to belong, yet want to be an individual. Rick Remender has commented many times about how his being raised in the punk community in Arizona in the 80s has a huge influence on this book.

Shutter (IMAGE)
    W: Joe Keatinge
    A: Leila Del Duca

Think Indiana Jones set thousands of years in the future, featuring an incredibly strong woman lead character. Follow Kate as she struggles to figure out her father's mysterious past, all the while evading the horde of aliens & secret societies trying to kill her. This series is full of insane, off the wall characters and some of my absolute favorite art in comics right now (maybe only second to deadly class). This story feels like some sort of acid trip as it goes along - and might be the only thing to make me think that it would be cool to have an alarm clock cat as a sidekick.

Black Science (IMAGE)
    W: Rick Remender
    A: Matteo Scalera

Grant McKay creates a device that allows him to travel to alternate dimensions; his goal: to find cures for disease, hunger - whatever problems the world might be facing. When the device malfunctions & strands him & his team in a random dimension, they are forced to fight for their survival against increasingly violent & terrifying creatures as the devices randomly sends them from alternate world to alternate world with seemingly no hope of ever getting home.

Manifest Destiny (IMAGE)
    W: Chris Dingess
    A: Stefano Gaudiano

A 100% true account of Lewis & Clark's journey through undiscovered America... monsters, man-eating plants, & giant fish-creatures were all real, right?

Thanks!

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Just add a little write-up so people know what to expect. Doesn't need to be much. Great choices!

16. Colby Searcy

Needs more Nailbiter...

17. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

I am as well. I don't have the money to go out every week and buy all my pulls. Also I never really know whats coming out until its already here so its much easier for me to wait until they get in graphic novel form and put them on my shelf.

18. suburban myth

Fixed! Stupid, lazy me! :D

Also, my name's Nicholas - in case you want it for the post!

19. suburban myth

Oh, I haven't checked that one out yet! I'm on it!

20. Colby Searcy

Had no idea that's what Manifest Destiny was about. Sounds fascinating, will definitely have to pick that up.

21. suburban myth

Oh it is SO good, haha. It has a great "old" look and feel to it, as well - the most recent story arc ended with such a shock... I can't wait for the series to come back in May.

22. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Ms. Marvel, Silver Surfer, All-New Wolverine, Mighty Thor, Black Widow is one issue in but real good so far, Black Panther comes out next month and looks great.

23. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I'm way behind on reading the comics I have. Currently need to catch up on Alias, Y The Last Man, and Saga. I read two volumes of Morning Glories and enjoyed that a lot more than I thought I would.

24. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Love Alias.

I definitely own more comics I haven't read than I have, and I still keep buying more, lol.

25. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I just started getting into it last year. I have Marvel Unlimited but since I'm between jobs right now I've been trying not to buy too many more before reading the ones I do have.