Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comedy: Stand-Up, Improv, Sketch, Podcasts • Page 538

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

And some people are just characters, right?

chewbacca110 likes this.
  2. Jake Gyllenhaal

Between today's CBB Solo Bolo and Doughboys, I have now heard "Live and Let Die" and the Frasier theme song twice each

SlappinCups likes this.
  3. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I don’t think I can listen to the solo bolo. Last one I listened to just annoyed me.

chewbacca110, alina and yeahrightdude like this.
  4. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Yeah, used to be a big fan but now it just irritates the shit out of me

5. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

it doesn't annoy me at all but it is a very certain kind of energy that i can only handle in an equally specific mood so im gonna sit on it til the stars align lol

alina and SlappinCups like this.
  6. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Between Obama Yankovic and the Scottie Pippen commercial, this TFO is an absolute classic

imthesheriff and yung_ting like this.
  7. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Carl’s line about Yusong killed me.

Slangster likes this.
  8. Shrek

alright this Bolo is startin off strong

SlappinCups likes this.
  9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

The new Never Not Funny tiers, if anyone's interested

Going monthly is smart, I don't mind occasionally dropping $5 for a month of bonus episodes, dropping $50 at once for a season feels heavy. Also excited for the bonus gameshow episode each month.

SlappinCups likes this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

the Twitter DMCA policy remains dumb as shit

riotspray likes this.
  11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I just listened to this episode today while driving - during the part where they were talking about not knowing how to make cocktails, and Conan was listing off made up cocktail names, I was laughing so hard I was crying, and my eyes got so blurry I almost crashed, hahahaha

This is seriously such an amazing podcast - I've only started recently listening to it, and I've probably binged listened to a good 15 of them in the last two weeks

bradsonemanband and Zilla like this.
  12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Will forever astound me that Conan isn't the most popular talk show host ever, he's one of the most naturally funny people ever imo (along with Craig Ferguson actually lol)

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'm with you...but The Tonight Show situation really fucked him over, imo.

Kingjohn_654 and recall reality like this.
  14. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I kind of think it worked out for the best for him though; based on what he's said in his podcast to various people, especially David Letterman, that type of rigid talk show style would have eventually stifled his potential. Eventually people start to just follow the motions, and it starts to get old. I think what he was able to do with his Conan show on TBS after that, plus his new show now, his stand up, and now his podcast, has allowed him to really expand his comedic outlets and give him fresh ways to express himself, and he seems to be pretty happy now

15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I have no doubt that he is doing what is best for himself and what makes him the happiest. I am a HUGE Conan guy.

I was just saying that a half hour show on TBS is not going to result with him being the most popular talk show host (assuming we were talking about late night talk show hosts), which is what my response was for.

Kingjohn_654 and Ferrari333SP like this.
  16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

By the way, some of those Tonight Shows where Conan knew he was leaving are some of my all-time favorite TV moments in history. When he stopped giving a fuck and just blasted NBC every single night while hosting the Tonight Show was fantastic.

17. Jake Gyllenhaal

I will never get tired of the Zouks remix of the closing up the plug bag theme

18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

He's by far at his best when he's unscripted, bits bombing on his show is frequently funnier than the bits themselves ever would have been just because of his reactions lol

His improvised episodes during the writer's strike are legendary too

ncarrab, imthesheriff and Zilla like this.
  19. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, those strike episodes were magic.

I think he did a decent job of staying relevant with the Clueless Gamer stuff and embracing the nerdier side of things. But I think the talk show format is becoming less and less of his bag. It’s very much either politically focused or having to whore yourself out like Corden’s carpool karaoke. He was too weird for all of that and unfortunately, what made him a cult hit doesn’t get big views.

Kingjohn_654 and incognitojones like this.
  20. Shrek

Lauren's Star Wars fan-fic shattered me

recall reality likes this.
  21. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Wheat thins? Call me when they’re wheat thicks. Gimme that wheat!

Can’t believe Harris has been gone five years already.

SlappinCups, Zilla, mad and 5 others like this.
  22. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I still think the "tapas the morning to Jah" joke might be the best one-liner I've ever heard.

23. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

I still haven’t listened to Analyze Phish because once I do I won’t have any new Harris material to listen to again. Def gonna listen to all the Farts and Pro eps today

SlappinCups and Aaron Mook like this.
  24. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

The Judd episode of Conan needs a friend was actually hilarious

Ferrari333SP and TJ Wells like this.
  25. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Keegan was too.

Ferrari333SP likes this.