Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comedy: Stand-Up, Improv, Sketch, Podcasts • Page 535

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I just started listening to Rude Tales of Magic, another Dungeons & Dragons podcast, because I'm a fan of Branson Reese, the DM, from other stuff, and god the noises I make in public trying to stifle my laughter make me sound more insane than just laughing would.

2. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I’m not really into d&d podcasts but I fucking love Swan Boy

3. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

yeah the DnD podcasts are not my thing, especially TAZ. Everyone at my work is obsessed with it

4. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Wow, first ep of Star Wars Newcomer podcast plus a b-b-b-b-bonus ep of them watching A New Hope... since I'm working from home tomorrow I'll probably listen along.

5. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

The commentary is borderline unlistenable but also kinda hilarious? They hate it SO. MUCH.

But the actual ep is great. I love how Gemberling is just like “it seems like you guys didn’t really pay attention.”

Shrek, Chuck!, Daniel and 1 other person like this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

SlappinCups and Vivatoto like this.
  7. Jake Gyllenhaal

Pow-pow-Powerwheels!

Vivatoto likes this.
  8. Jake Gyllenhaal

Listening to Newcomers while watching New Hope right now, love how they flipped out over all the Cantina creatures.

Shrek and TJ Wells like this.
  9. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Seeing sal vulcano tomorrow night do stand up, curious how it translates from his work with the tenderloins.

Slangster and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  10. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

fucking losing it at TFO this week. The idea that Kobe was explaining Hollywood Handbook to his daughter in that gif is one of the funniest things I've ever heard in my life

yeahrightdude likes this.
  11. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

12. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

GrantCloud likes this.
  13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

What is this Chris Rock/Facebook stuff going on?

14. Jake Gyllenhaal

Shrek likes this.
  15. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Ari makes me cringe so much. Tries WAAAAAYYYYY to hard to be controversial with absolutely zero substance.

16. Dude sucks. I can't believe I actually thought his podcast was decent in my early college years

yeahrightdude likes this.
  17. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

how was this? i saw Tenderloins live after the second? season of Jokers and it was literally the poorest excuse for a live show ive ever seen haha

bigmike and GrantCloud like this.
  18. Shrek

Newcomers was soooooo much better than i expected. i am very over hatewatch culture and im equally over "x and y watch z" podcasts but Lauren and Nicole both had some genuinely funny observations and Nicole was more reigned in here than usual. not a dig on her at all, i love her, but her turned up to 11 is an energy i can only take so often. Gemberling was such a perfect guest i almost wish he was the third wheel for each ep.

also loved bits of an otherwise very boring Jesse Eisenberg interview on Conan's pod. Conan was saying some centrist shit about how liberals and conservatives too often see the other side as totally wrong and how we need to be better dont you agree and Jesse was just like "actually i do think liberals are demonstrably more correct than conservatives" and it was kinda awesome to go for the somewhat awkward route instead of just being like "yeah man twitter"

19. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Uhh it’s tomorrow so I’ll report back Saturday with my feelings. Other places online have said he does a decent standup, so I’m trying to go in with an open mind.

and thats unfortunate about the tenderloins, my sister and I were debating going when they tour here this summer. But if you say they are not too good and his standup is ass tomorrow I’ll probably skip them.

bigmike and Shrek like this.
  20. Shrek

lol i was like a week behind on this thread so assumed your post was older my b

to be fair what i saw was far from standup, they basically showed deleted jokers scenes on the cheapest projector set up ever

bigmike and GrantCloud like this.
  21. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

what?? Seriously?? They are playing an arena here and if it is literally just deleted scenes on a screen I will definitely pass. Haha

bigmike and Shrek like this.
  22. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

For what it's worth, I found this to be a lot of fun:

GrantCloud likes this.
  23. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I saw one of the Joker's tours a few years ago (I won tickets from work) and they literally just showed clips from the show lol

24. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ll watch it later! Honestly he is my favorite of the four so I’m hoping it’s good.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

TFO today is very good