Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comedy: Stand-Up, Improv, Sketch, Podcasts • Page 520

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

2. mad

I was right. Prestigious

dunno if this is old news or not but these are the characters the brothers McElroy are voicing in Trolls 2:
    1368E8B8-DC4E-44A9-B42C-DE1FFF9F0987.jpeg

chewbacca110, riotspray and Joe4th like this.
  3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

4. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

The McElroy brothers are painfully unfunny to me

Then again maybe I associate them with my ex-wife who always had their podcast on

jciswhatis and Grapevine_Twine like this.
  5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Monster Factory and the show rule. I need to get into the pod more, I like what ive heard

riotspray likes this.
  6. mad Nov 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 15, 2019)
    mad

I was right. Prestigious

they're def not for everyone
    I mean nothing is really

Joe4th likes this.
  7. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Zilla, Anthony_, imthesheriff and 3 others like this.
  8. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

McElroy content is probably my favorite comedic stuff out there between TAZ, MBMBAM and Monster Factory but I get it

riotspray and Slangster like this.
  9. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

I feel like they are the only thing I listen to that is truly “for everyone” haha

aka not Sean and Hayes

riotspray and Slangster like this.
  10. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

The TV show is one of my favorite things ever, but the pod never really grabbed me the same way

11. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

The tv show was great and deserved another shot after Seeso died. I love the pod but have fallen way behind, I actually enjoy Griffin and Rachel’s Wonderful podcast most out of all their content right now. Though Monster Factory definitely still gets me good.

12. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Wonderful is so wholesome

13. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I find travis almost unbearable sometimes but otherwise I really enjoy them. I haven't listened to the podcast in a while though.

14. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

It really is. I usually hate overly cutesy things (I still hate the jumbotrons they read) but it's such a pleasant and easy show to listen to. Rachel's voice is so soothing. Also this week they had a segment on Hop Along so that pretty much certifies them as the best!

Joe4th likes this.
  15. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

the MBMBAM TV show is perfect and was my intro to the McElroys. It took a little while before the charm really struck me, but since it has, there's been no looking back. they're consistently funnier/smarter/more sincere/genuine than 99% of the industry.

unless you just aren't a fan of joy, I can't really understand disliking them unless you haven't given them a true chance

yung_ting, Joe4th and yeahrightdude like this.
  16. Aaron Mook Nov 15, 2019
    I enjoyed the TV show for sure, binged Monster Factory and Car Boys in college, spent a year or so listening to the pod, but there is a point where the pseudo-bit of them just squealing over "random" humor gets kind of old so I get it. Haven't had much of a desire to go back to the pod lately, but they are funny and it definitely has its moments.

17. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I hate to admit it, but the criticism of "squealing over random humor" is a fair point.

theagentcoma likes this.
  18. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Where should I start if I want to get into them? I feel like there’s a ton of content from them.

riotspray likes this.
  19. mad

I was right. Prestigious

the tv show

20. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Where can I find that?

21. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

VRV

22. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

definitely watch the TV show

23. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Also recommend the TV show big time. VRV offers a free month trial, the entire series is only 3 hours long. They were all on Youtube for a minute but looks like they got deleted.

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I find getting into a podcast with an elaborate backstory overwhelming

Anyway Benny and Tommy were very funny and they did the Staind it's been awhile joke

mad likes this.
  25. riotspray Nov 15, 2019
    riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

there's no elaborate backstory to MBMBAM

there are recurring bits, but for the most part you can listen to any episode and get it

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.