Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comedy: Stand-Up, Improv, Sketch, Podcasts • Page 503

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

yeesss. love her

Kingjohn_654 and riotspray like this.
  2. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone know of a Stitcher promo code?

3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Anyone watch the Alec Baldwin roast? Pretty hit or miss like most of the roasts but Nikki Glaser, Jeff Ross and surprisingly Blake Griffin had pretty great sets

riotspray likes this.
  4. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Nah, watching this kind of shit makes comedy itself look bad.

5. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

In reference to all the SNL/Shane Gillis stuff, I found this tweet to be pretty spot on. (The second tweet, the comparison he does in the first one isn't the best haha)

6. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Blake Griffin surprisingly had some really great jokes. Though I'm sure he wrote none of them.

7. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

comedy is pretty bad though. the only funny things are tweets and podcasts

8. Philll

Trusted

Millenials are destroying the comedy industry

9. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

“Pussy fuck sticks” is so fucking funny omg. Cutting edge stuff

10. But then you watch Eddie Murphy's old 80s special Delirious and realize the comedy industry has always had its flaws.

11. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Hell, the title of the first track on his debut standup album would not hold up today

SlappinCups and bradsonemanband like this.
  12. You think that's bad...

The topic seemed to be a trend for him. Both specials open with basically the same "joke." The one on Delirious is much longer though...

It's also insane how the audience is just eating it up! Dying of laughter. I can't imagine what would happen to a comedian who started off his set with this in 2019.

13. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Not defending his act in the slightest, but times were different. You would have been eating that shit up too if you were around back then. Unfortunately, it was the norm. We were all eating up Chappelle and Louis' non-PC material within the last decade. It's great that people are more aware now, but to compare 2019 comedy to 1983 comedy is apples to oranges.

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

15. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Assuming this is the right thread. Pretty new to podcasts but listened to a few episodes of Armchair Expert today. Anyone here a fan? Rec the best episodes?

16. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Lol at whichever engineer was on the pro version with Ayo having a POP PUNK NEVER DIES tattoo

17. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

Thomas Middleditch is.... interesting

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

he's apparently a dick so perfect to play Richard haha

19. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

I saw that comment before I read the interview it’s probably referring to. Instead of “interesting” I would say.... “an asshole” ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20. Wow, Bill Burr actually made a full pivot into alt-light territory lmao yeef. Hard no.

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

yeah he seems like a misogynistic creep

yeahrightdude likes this.
  22. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Tom Segura retweeted one of those stupid tweets from Jim Norton, ugh.

23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I think he's a legit really funny guy, he was on Jeff Ross's Roast Battle show and actually held his own

I guess he could have had help writing those too lol but he definitely has the chops

SlappinCups and riotspray like this.
  24. He was funny in Joe Mande's special (which I rewatched last night)

25. mad

I was right. Prestigious

watched Simon Amstell's special on Netflix the other day and really enjoyed it

bigmike likes this.