Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comedy: Stand-Up, Improv, Sketch, Podcasts • Page 498

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

2. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I almost went to the movie’s IMDb page but luckily didn’t since I assume there’s a bunch of cameos and I like to be surprised

3. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

Apparently Nicole Byer and Lapkus are going to do a Star Wars podcast?

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  4. Jake Gyllenhaal

Not sure if I remember correctly but is the pitch that they’re not that familiar with the franchise?

riotspray likes this.
  5. Jake Gyllenhaal

Guh, I gave in and watched the trailer

Aaron Mook and SlappinCups like this.
  6. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

R.I.P. Comedy Film Nerds

I stopped listening regularly a couple years ago, but it's still a little sad.

7. Jake Gyllenhaal

Same... I saw their facebook post and based it off the sad reacts. Did they give a reason?

riotspray likes this.
  8. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

They're approaching episode 600? (they keep saying 600, but the episode today is labeled 480, so maybe they mean 500??)

Also, they've been doing it for 10 years and aside from not really making the money they were always hoping for, they just kind of want to focus more on other endeavors. Grant's getting more into political activism. Chris is writing more. The "announcement" episode from today is worth listening to if you were ever into the show.

9. Jake Gyllenhaal

Maybe I should, I was a regular weekly listener from 2010-2017. I fell off when my podcast queue was filling up with new stuff and I always put off their episodes

riotspray likes this.
  10. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Same here. I don't think I listened that long, but I was a weekly listener for at least a few years but fell off around 2017 too due to too many podcasts.

Today's episode isn't anything special, but it gives a little insight as to why they're stopping and I felt like having been invested in the show for so long, it was worth a half hour of me time. December 12th is the last episode, so they have a few months. I probably won't be listening to every episode, but I'll for sure tune in to some of them, particularly the last one.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Super scary

kbeef2 and imthesheriff like this.
  12. Jake Gyllenhaal

Don't show Scott

13. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

The first three CBB shows from the current tour are up on Stitcher!

Vivatoto likes this.
  14. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

Bobby Moynihan is great on NNF

I Am Mick likes this.
  15. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

oh damn I gotta listen. I haven't in a few weeks, I've been falling off on it for a few months now.

SlappinCups likes this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

17. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Super pumped for that KC show tonight

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

bradsonemanband likes this.
  19. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

CBB Live was fun tonight. I was worried they'd play newish characters with backstories I've never heard and I'd be out of the loop but luckily that was not the case.

My throat hurts just listening Lauren and Ego; good luck with the next leg of tour after that one.

20. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, that was a very fun show. I feel like Ego had some problems figuring out her character and not going along with the rest of the gang’s bits. But overall, hilarious and a good time. Really hope the big crowd shows that KC shows up big comedy shows that aren’t just canceled comedians trying to work out new material.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  22. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

On Cinema is one probably the best series to ever hit YouTube and possibly one of My top 5 favorite series of all time.

If anyone in this thread hasn’t seen it, please take a couple weeks to start from Episode 1.

SlappinCups likes this.
  23. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Saw on Twitter that Patton Oswalt is shooting his new Netflix special at his performance tonight. Stoked for that.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  24. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Seeing How Did This Get Made tonight. Space Jam, babaaaaaay!

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

lol at Demi calling Sublime music for people who think Blink 182 sold out