Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comedy: Stand-Up, Improv, Sketch, Podcasts • Page 497

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

At a certain point (in my opinion of course), as an entertainer of any kind that reaches a certain level of success you just loose touch. I know he lives in a small town and whatnot and is super “connected” to the real world, but there’s nothing about the life of Dave Chappelle that can relate to my life. So without that inherent connection, what else does he have besides just punching down on people.

aoftbsten and imthesheriff like this.
  2. jols

Trusted Prestigious

...and now we have video

Carl is so great, but someone needs to get him a TC Tugger. Can't be tearing holes in all your tees

3. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

So this has got to wind up being number one (or very close) on the end of year best of's, right?

4. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Wonder if Mitch was being serious about Wiger on the flagrant ones lol

5. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I’m not gonna harp any more on Chappelle, but this made me laugh.

6. Curtis Cook is good. Go see him if you ever have the chance.

Zilla likes this.
  7. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I feel like he was, interesting.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  8. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

9. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Sean said that Mitch was originally asked to be a host on TFO and Mitch said Wiger put the kibosh on it, and then said it’s interesting he put the kibosh on that and then went on to start another podcast after

10. imthegrimace

It's probably because Mitch does nothing for the show now and throwing in another weekly podcast he'd probably do even less.

11. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

@Craig Manning are you reviewing this for chorus?

12. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone watch the Amazing Johnathan doc on Hulu?

I watched the Steve Byrne directed one (free on Youtube) a couple months ago but after hearing them talk about this new one on DLM, I decided to check it out, and boy do I see things differently now.

SlappinCups likes this.
  13. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Interested in seeing it as well, I was in middle school when his Comedy Central presents special aired and I loved it but since then felt like he fell off the face of the earth. It wasn’t until after a doc was made I look it up and saw his grim medical diagnosis

chewbacca110, bigmike and riotspray like this.
  14. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

In what way? I read Steve Byrne's comments on the competing docs the other day and that kind of turned me off from seeing the Hulu one. Should I check it out?

15. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I've only seen the first half of the Hulu one so far. Most of it revolves around the competing doc, but I personally learned some new things about Johnathan from this one that Byrne obviously left out for a reason.

SlappinCups likes this.
  16. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I started reading that article from Steve. I'll have to finish the Hulu doc and that article, but the whole thing seems like a mess. Interesting nonetheless.

SlappinCups likes this.
  17. wow this phone call is so damn good on The Flagrant Ones lol

18. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Yeah TFO was magic today, as is anything involving Mitch and Carl, contenders for maybe my two favorite people to listen to in comedy right now

imthesheriff likes this.
  19. Bang Rodgman committing so hard so quickly to the idea of him being second choice was beautiful

Nathan likes this.
  20. imthegrimace

Mitch at the very end killed me

21. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Mitch asking if it was a basketball thing after picking his team

gonz (Alex) and imthesheriff like this.
  22. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Sean O'Connor's "lotion" story on this week's AFE is insane

trevorshmevor and riotspray like this.
  23. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I watched that Amazing Jonathan Hulu doc last night and I still can't comprehend how I feel about it.

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

imthesheriff, mad and SlappinCups like this.
  25. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Late to the discussion but I finally read what Chappelle said in his special (don’t think I’ll ever watch it) and I have to say, this heel turn really hurts. Dave was critical in getting me into both sketch comedy (I watched every episode of Chappelle’s Show during the original run when I was in 8th grade) and standup. But after the stuff he says in this one, especially the shit about Safechuck and Robson, honestly he needs to just go away forever. I truly can’t believe how far gone he is at this point and it really sucks to see.