Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comedy: Stand-Up, Improv, Sketch, Podcasts • Page 489

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Put me in the pro-Heather team.

ChaseTx and Vivatoto like this.
  2. Daniel Aug 6, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 6, 2019)
    Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

I've been enjoying her on HDTGP, but this is the first episode where she's displayed the characteristics that turned me off to her as a Doughboys guest. The cynicism and shitting on people for liking things is something I can't tolerate in people.

imthesheriff likes this.
  3. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

ONE HUNDRED PERCENT FAKE

4. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Ezra Koenig is kinda annoying on R U talking REM RE ME

5. Philll

Trusted

I'm sorry what

Grapevine_Twine likes this.
  6. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

He doesn’t really let anyone else talk. He’s much better on the episode of Time Crisis with Scott and Scott.

7. Philll

Trusted

I enjoyed what he had to say. He was pretty dominant, but at least he was saying stuff with substance I guess. Haven't heard the Time Crisis ep to be fair.

imthesheriff likes this.
  8. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

the time crisis episode did not have nearly as much grateful dead talk as the end of the REM episode made it seem

9. Here’s my comedy world hot take...

I don’t think PFT (or Aukerman) is very funny, like at all.

I can’t be the only one, right??

10. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Nuclear take

Contender, Shrek, Vivatoto and 14 others like this.
  11. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

Scott Aukerman I get, but thinking PFT isn't funny is an unreal take

ChaseTx, Zilla, yung_ting and 3 others like this.
  12. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Not sure how many of you will appreciate it but this is amazing to me and Im praying that somehow Brendon and Cory will actually get to meet Ninja because of this.

13. Give me a solid funny PFT thing to watch/listen to. Maybe I just haven’t listened to the right stuff?

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

15. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

There are almost too many podcast appearances to choose from, but his standup special Laboring Under Delusions is one of my all-time favorites.

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  16. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

The first time I heard Cake Boss I fell in love with PFT

17. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

The first episode of off book comes to mind

Zilla likes this.
  18. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Cake boss!

Nathan likes this.
  19. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

I wrote out a whole long response to this, but deleted it. That take doesn't deserve a reaction.

20. Haha I understand... I’ve been almost posting my hot take for a loooong time and then I always delete it before I submit... I just haven’t heard the right stuff so I don’t get the big whoop. I don’t listen to any of their podcasts or watch any of their shows/standup specials. So yeah...

21. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

Laboring Under Delusions and Crying and Driving both are incredible

22. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Literally the ONLY issue I have with PFT (and this isn't even really an issue) is the dude is EVERYWHERE. It feels like he's on multiple podcasts every week, so I'm never like "YES! PFT is a guest!" it's just like "yeah, of course PFT is a guest."

I do worry he'll get over-saturated and I'll start to get annoyed with him....but it's been years and I'm still a fan.

23. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

While I find PFT and Auckerman both to be hilarious, I can almost understand not "getting it" if you're a new comer. A lot of CBB, and podcasts in general, kind of require a little familiarity with the personalities.

That being said, PFT is instantly likeable and always funny

ChaseTx likes this.
  24. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I hated Aukerman on CBB for nearly a year until one day his sense of humor just clicked for me and now I often think he’s the funniest part of the episodes.

25. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

There's a Doug Loves Movies with Pete Holmes and PFT as Werner Herzog and I think I've absolutely adored him since. Such a naturally funny guy.