Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comedy: Stand-Up, Improv, Sketch, Podcasts • Page 455

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Not to be “that guy” but I feel like given the format, CBB was recorded over multiple days to fit everyone’s schedule.

riotspray and Wharf Rat like this.
  2. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I've only listened to the first four hours or so, but at least the transitions felt seamless. I was hoping for a little more crossover between guests, as someone else pointed out it very much feels like a bunch of mini CBB's strung together. Definitely possible.

3. Jake Gyllenhaal

Same, that’s why I love the holiday episodes like Christmas and Halloween plus the 500th ep had that too

4. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Some of the later transitions are pretty obviously different sessions I think. Don't think he was being serious about the world record

SlappinCups likes this.
  5. Jake Gyllenhaal

I became suspicious when John Lennon came on and Scott didn’t mention Mall McCartney was previously on

Wharf Rat likes this.
  6. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

yep nothing more more poignant and of the times than dead baby jokes right?

idk i have not seen the special but i saw him tour the material and was not impressed

bigmike likes this.
  7. Rust and Cassidy on What's With These Homies Talking About Weezer!!

riotspray and SlappinCups like this.
  8. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Some of this CBB episode is fantastic. Martin Sheffield Lickly had me dying.

9. Iain

Regular

I was in New York for a week and checked out some shows at UCB Theatre.

On Sunday we went to see ASSSSCAT 3000 improv and it was a great laugh. Seems to be the show that sells out in advance the most.

We ended up at a loose end on Monday night as our plans fell through and went back and saw two more shows. The first being Gravid Water. The premise is they give real actors/actresses scripts to perform exactly, but the comedian does not know the script beforehand and have to improv along. Had a lot of the cast of Daredevil at this one. The second show was Hollywood Paws + Rumpleteaser. This was two shows, the first was alright and a bit out there show about retired animal movie agents that went wrong. However, the second 'Rumpleteaser' was a 'musical improv' based on audience suggestions. I genuinely can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. Cheeks were acheing. Would highly recommend 'Rumpleteaser' and think they could easily do an hour and half themselves.

Grapevine_Twine likes this.
  10. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

Rumpleteaser is consistently incredible. Glad you got to see it!

himynameisiain likes this.
  11. tucah

not champ Prestigious

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  12. simonthebutler

Regular

I haven’t listened to the episode yet due to CBB but Demi killed the punch up on this weeks punch up the jam

13. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I just literally spat out food from laughing too hard at this at lunch and people stared

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Listening to the Punch Up before the episode is my reading an Endgame spoiler, can't wait to listen to it tomorrow

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Wild Horses with Ira Glass was fun even though Mary must have been at at&t because she wasn't there

Lauren accidentally called Gritty Groot and it was the funniest thing I have ever witnessed

16. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Anthony Rapp watching on in awe of Wild Horses is all I need in life. These shows were the exact cure I needed for the last couple weeks I’ve had.

592BC20F-19D0-4FBA-9E75-4B3C8908F4A9.jpeg E8330C63-7823-4D70-9272-A89091A548B7.jpeg

17. imthegrimace

Chuck!, Daniel, I Am Mick and 3 others like this.
  18. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

“Let me see the copy before I get in my car.” is probably my favorite thing that’s ever been said on NNF. It’s a miracle this bit didn’t get them kicked out of the building.

19. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

imthesheriff likes this.
  20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Watched Jeselnik last night. It’s exact same material from when I saw him last March but I still laughed a lot.

21. I Am Mick May 4, 2019
    (Last edited: May 4, 2019)
    I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Happy Pardcastathon day! Starting any minute now

Also, there is an audio only stream on NNF Pardcast-A-Thon 2019

the show started, but the video isn't working yet

riotspray and SlappinCups like this.
  22. imthegrimace

Isn’t loading for me. Lame.

23. I Am Mick