Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comedy: Stand-Up, Improv, Sketch, Podcasts • Page 429

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Haha, the most timid delivery but just destroys it. Hayes is going to be terrible, I can't wait.

riotspray likes this.
  2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Flexxxxin

riotspray likes this.
  3. Andy's legitimately pretty funny

he was super quick with the "we're just friends" response to the Millie Bobby Brown ref

also liked his "you ever see Hellraiser" line that was kinda buried when Sean was riffing about pain and pleasure being so tied together

Grapevine_Twine and riotspray like this.
  4. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I don't know her but I admire how fast she came up with "squirt yurt"

5. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Low Endy is drippin in manchego

chris likes this.
  6. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Any episodes recommendations for starting All Fantasy Everything, or should I just pick a topic and guests I like?

7. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Sorry for the mile long post.

I've listened to every episode and they're mostly all great, even when the topic isn't the best, because it's just a group of BEST friends hanging out and making each other laugh, plus they all seem like genuinely good dudes. The show started with Ian as the host and Sean and David as (very frequent) guests, but eventually, Sean and David were on so much, that they became co-hosts. Any episode with the 3 of them or with a guest that they're friends with outside of the podcast is always great (Zak Toscani, Amy Miller, Shane Torres, Miel Bredouw, Demi - pretty much any episode, as they don't really have guests on often that they're not tight with)

There's no continuity so to speak, but there are plenty of inside jokes/callbacks that you will still pick up on, but you'll have more background if you go somewhat chronologically. I'd start with some topics you're into from a few of the early episodes without Sean and David, and then work your way into more recent ones with them and/or the guests I mentioned. I think you'll dig it based on your other taste/interests.

Here are a few standout episodes...
    Taco Bell
    Garbage Food
    Words That You Think Make You Sound Smart
    Band Names
    People Who Look Like Their Name
    Songs That, When They Come On, You're Like 90% Ready To Fight Someone
    The most recent episode Terms For Sex

trevorshmevor, ChaseTx and Daniel like this.
  8. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Awesome, thanks. I just randomly chose Sports Movies because Gabrus is on it. I already like Ian, Sean, and David so I'm sure I'll love it.

riotspray likes this.
  9. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

You'll be hooked pretty soon. The "Good Vibes Gang" is hard not to love.

10. ChaseTx

Demi and Miel are the best. I need to listen to more of their episodes

11. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely listen to their AFE episodes. They're all a blast. They do quite a few about music, if you're a PUTJ fan.

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

She was like 7 when Good Luck Chuck came out and I don't understand how there isn't a moment of like whoa that's weird

I get why she's defending their relationship though

bigmike likes this.
  13. ChaseTx

Mhm PUTJ is one of the three pods I listen to every week. I've listened to one AFE ep with them I think

14. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

There might only be one with the two of them together, but I know for sure there are more with each of them individually.

edit: okay... so Demi has been on twice by himself, and once with Miel. Miel has been on like 10 times without Demi.

ChaseTx likes this.
  15. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Whatever episode had “caush in to the wind” was the hardest I have ever laughed at a podcast. Was driving and I had to pull over for like 5 minutes

trevorshmevor and riotspray like this.
  16. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Abuse no, but personally I’d say dating a woman more than half your age is still problematic

17. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I have a hard time with older guys dating 18-20 year olds. Once both parties are over like 22-24 I don’t really have any issues, regardless of age gap from then on, but I’ve worked with high schoolers and college students and their youth is so evident, and I’m only 27. Not to say 18-21 year olds can’t be mature, have agency, and be engaging, interesting, strong individuals, but for any man over 30 to date any girl under 21, there’s usually a pattern of grossness behind him. If a 60 year old is with a 30 year old I don’t really give a shit, but a 40 year old with an 18 year old is a red flag raising relationship.

18. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

TBS cancelled Wrecked and I'm very sad about it, such an underrated comedy

riotspray and yeahrightdude like this.
  19. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

nooooooooooooooo

20. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah that sucks.

21. eight30

Regular

I’m visiting LA and went to largo tonight to see Anthony jeselnik and bo burnham was his first guest and I have never felt so blessed. I don’t think I’ve stopped smiling.

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

23. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

riotspray likes this.
  24. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

More podcasts should be on vinyl

riotspray and SlappinCups like this.
  25. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Did you think The Ringer was about Springer?

Vivatoto likes this.