Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comedy: Stand-Up, Improv, Sketch, Podcasts • Page 428

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone know who Doug Benson is dating? He's mentioned his "girlfriend" a few times now but never goes further than that. Just curious as I don't think Doug has ever mentioned his love life in the decade+ I've followed him.

2. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I remember his appearance on the Mental Illness Happy Hour (this was like circa 2012) where he said he was previously in a long term relationship but she left him because she partially could no longer put up him getting high all the time

riotspray likes this.
  3. iiiii623498

Regular

The video coupled with the misspelling of Davenport made me laugh hard

4. chris

Trusted Supporter

5. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Amy is a great PUTJ guest

ChaseTx likes this.
  6. tucah

not champ Prestigious

today starts my TFO journey

Daniel, riotspray and imthesheriff like this.
  7. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

i'm a big handbook-head but still haven't listened to the pro version or the flagrant ones. at least i have a lot of great podcasting to look forward to

8. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Big fan of the teaser freezer edits on YouTube, segment just works better matches up to the teaser

yung_ting likes this.
  9. tucah

not champ Prestigious

i officially apologize to sean, hayes and carl for not subscribing to TFO earlier

10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

riotspray likes this.
  11. iiiii623498

Regular

Some of the hardest laughs have come from the pro version. You’re in for a real treat

Grapevine_Twine likes this.
  12. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

That's weird to me. If both partners are of legal, consensual age and there's no abuse, I don't see what the problem is. I was super weirded out when that went viral last year, why would people want to blow up his girlfriend's spot like that if she's happy. Doesn't strike me anywhere near what CK did, so idk why it's brought up.

Mr. Serotonin and riotspray like this.
  14. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

I agree with you that it doesn’t touch what Louis did. I still think it’s kind of creepy and would probably create a weird power imbalance. Dane hasn’t exactly been a shining example of good character. I realize that’s only speculation but the best I’ve got for you is that it weirds me out, personally.

15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Fair. When has he been shown to be a scumbag? I'm unaware of anything other than accusations of plagiarism and the bad taste Aurora shooting joke that he apologized for

riotspray likes this.
  16. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

I know he got banned from a club for berating a woman in the audience or a waitress or something a few years ago, trying to find the article but coming up empty, will look more later and link it. He also did the super edgy jokes talking about “fucking whores” in disturbing ways around the same time as what I mentioned above.

More commonly accepted as a thing in comedy, but still a dick move, he’s historically bad about bumping smaller acts and going way over time in his sets after the fact.

riotspray likes this.
  17. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Even in a “healthy” non-abusive relationship there is an inherent massive power difference between a 40 year old and an 18 year old.

With regards to Dane Cook and him being a scumbag I don’t know but, it wouldn’t shock me.

18. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I find it creepy that he dates women less than half his age, and also agree that there is an inherent power dynamic between a 40 year old man and an 18 year old woman, but at the end of the day, as long as it's within the bounds of the law and there's consent from all parties, that's their business.

19. riotspray Feb 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 15, 2019)
    riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

The 2nd Deli Boys Patreon update (not a podcast episode) is sooooo funny.

20. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Oh, I’m not denying the power imbalance. I’m just saying that I don’t think that we can call anything he’s done abuse or even problematic

riotspray likes this.
  21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yeah, a lot of his older material was pretty tasteless. I didn't know about the issue with the woman, I'll look into that.

I've just followed the dude's interviews throughout the pariah years of his comedy and he really doesn't seem to warrant the amount of hate he gets. That's not to say I don't believe could be capable of abuse, and if he is then fuck him. I'm just saying that his response to reporters trying to get him to gossip about CK is pretty thoughtful. Idk what his bit is about, though.

Zilla and riotspray like this.
  22. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I think it was mentioned in an episode of Threedom where Paul said or reiterated what someone told him is that older-ish men tend to go after much younger women is because the woman doesn't know what bad sex is like

riotspray likes this.
  23. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

5 episodes into TFO and why didn't i start this sooner?

24. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Damn, didn't expect Andy to spit hot fire on the new TFO.

25. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

When Andy goes into Twista/Sicko mode, it's so good.