Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comedy: Stand-Up, Improv, Sketch, Podcasts • Page 426

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. yung_ting

Trusted

Vice Principals did well, no?

2. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

John is such a good dude. Miss those days of posting about hockey with him on AP.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  3. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

Sorry uh, haven’t you seen Big Lake?

4. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Anyone know how TeePublic shirts are? Just got a Don't Stop or We'll Die shirt, but now I'm wondering if I should've splurged on something besides the basic tee.

5. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

I don't know if anybody listens to Yeah But Still,(Brandon Wardells podcast) but Sarah Sherman was poppin off on Pete Holmes, Crashing, and it's so true.

aliens exist, chris and yeahrightdude like this.
  6. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

What did she say?

7. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

She was just saying how he writes all these scenes in which he's banging hot actresses, and why would a show that is so boring be shot on actual film.

It was just a funny take, I've only seen season 1 of Crashing.

incognitojones and yeahrightdude like this.
  8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I don't like Pete to begin with, and having a series where he has pretty graphic sex scenes with actresses is a weird look as well.

9. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Pete is great. Crashing is great. Some of the sex scenes are (maybe) unnecessary, but it's tame compared to other HBO shows.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  10. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I've soured a lot on Pete but always liked his comedy and occasional podcast appearances. Crashing was impossible to watch for me after like two episodes, just weird and cringey.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  11. Pete seems like a funny and talented guy whose delivery is just bordline unbearable to me

Don't know anything about Crashing.

12. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Yeah that's my issue with Crashing (though I enjoy most of it). For every great episode about the comedy scene there's three episodes of sex and dating. The new relationship on the show is annoyingly perfect.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  13. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

I enjoy Pete's specials and podcast appearances, I'll even listen to YMIW if I like the guest. Crashing was just ok, I really only watched for Lapkus.

14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I actually can’t stand Pete as a stand-up act but really like Crashing. The sex scenes the past few episodes have been a bit much though.

15. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I frequently forget that Crashing even exists

Youarcade likes this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I like Crashing and Pete but it would be nice if comedians who weren't white dudes got shows and projects like Pete or Birbiglia or any of those people do, I guess that's Take My Wife haha but you know bigger

mad, bigmike and Youarcade like this.
  17. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

I still need to peep Take My Wife, but Cameron Esposito really irks me! Rhea on the other hand is always a delight.

imthesheriff, I Am Mick and riotspray like this.
  18. I almost got through all of seasons 1 and 2 of Crashing, and then I stopped caring about it. It's too much of a pain in the ass to find episodes to stream. (I don't have cable/a TV)

I love Pete so much though. Such a sweet boy.

19. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Season 3 of Crashing is on another level, y'all. Best of the bunch so far.

I totally get not being into Pete both as a comic and also as a person as he is extremely brash, but I am sucker for his child-like curiosity about the world who just wants to make people laugh any way he can.

20. simonthebutler

Regular

Watching weeds for the first time and PFT has just guested in an episode. It really threw me as there was no moustache or fancy suit

21. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

My parents asked if my gf and I wanna go to Gabriel Iglesias.

Is he cancelled or is he fun

22. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

He’s fluffy.

y2jayjk likes this.
  23. Jake Gyllenhaal

[​IMG]

dadbolt and SlappinCups like this.
  24. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

I'd imagine it's a perfectly fine time, nothing mind blowing or exceptionally terrible and hard to sit through either.

25. Jake Gyllenhaal

Speaking of facial hairless PFT, his 1998 special Driven to Drink is on YouTube. In the span of half an hour he consumes 5 or 6 dark heavy beers. He’s mentioned on numerous podcasts by the end of the taping walking off stage, beer was pouring out of his tear ducts

Borat, Shrek and riotspray like this.