Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comedy: Stand-Up, Improv, Sketch, Podcasts • Page 415

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

yeah, i find half of Jeselnik’s stand up very funny and half about the furthest thing from it, but ive certainly never felt like it crossed a line

Anthony_ and incognitojones like this.
  2. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

It's not the jokes that are offensive, Louis.

It's the guy writing/telling them.

Shrek likes this.
  3. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I dont give a fuck about louis’ material. Even if he came back with some huge introspective high brow comedy, fuck him. He’s still a predator who used his power and stature in a male dominated industry to abuse women. I don’t give a fuck that he’s still doing shitty material. It’s the fact that he’s doing any material at all that is atrocious.

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Right with Anthony the joke is on him

Also it needs a punchline " I will smack the gay out of my kid " or " non binary people don't exist " aren't jokes they're hate speech

I've laughed at jokes about 9/11 and the holocaust

5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

well yeah also this

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I tried to explain this exact concept to one of my co-workers last week, in the context of why what Kevin Hart tweeted was hate speech and not jokes, and he just wasn't getting it. Like, there's just no getting through to people sometimes.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  7. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Lol Ian Karmal went on a dumbass pro-capitalism, left-punching, rant against journalism yesterday too but has since deleted it.

How did so many funny people turn out to be complete dumbasses over the last 2-3 years?

8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Ah whats this about

Edit: ohhh JG I forgot she was in it lol

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Michael Ian Black and who else?

10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I love that the Punch Up The Jam of You Oughta Know is just them talking about how great the song is, I was worried for a sec because that song/album own so much

12. Shrek

how has Conan’s podcast been?

13. Shrek

also this is the second to last Monday i will follow CBB up with Spont :verysad:

14. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Mostly great. I think the best ones so far have been Marc Maron, Kristen Bell, Will Ferrell, Pete Holmes. Only real gripe I have is that half of the episodes seem to be ads, which are funny, but the featured interviews are super short.

Shrek likes this.
  15. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Love Ego on CBB today, she needs to be in more SNL sketches

16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I just listened to it today for the first time ever. I've always been a huge Conan fan. Guest was Adam Sandler. I don't listen much to podcasts. Actually, I never listen to them, but it held my attention. But it wasn't mindblowing or anything or even a must-listen tbh.

Also, definitely a lot of ads. It's only sixty minutes long but I'm guessing Adam was online for maybe 40 minutes. I didn't even listen to the final seven minutes, so I don't know what was going on after Adam was done.

Shrek likes this.
  17. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Despite the fact that I haven't seen a basketball and all they do is list players every week, I'm one episode away from being caught up on the Flagrant Ones after just starting it a week ago.

18. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

loving this Sandler episode

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Depends on the guest and how engaged they are

Shrek likes this.
  20. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

I don't think Besser is gonna take very kindly to Jack Allison's recent string of tweets lol

21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

22. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Gotta give UCB credit for their commitment to improv, even when it applies to how they run a business and their policies

23. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Their motto "Don't think" also applies to their financial management.

I Am Mick likes this.
  24. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Wharf Rat and yeahrightdude like this.
  25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Sucks that Lapkus/Steph are defending it

Shrek and yeahrightdude like this.