Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comedy: Stand-Up, Improv, Sketch, Podcasts • Page 369

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

He’s one of my all time favorites and outside of the final joke, his new special was slaying me. Love that dude.

2. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I can't wait to watch the new Demetri special

3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Clemdog is on the new Action Boyz

Wharf Rat likes this.
  4. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Benny Shwa never disappoints

riotspray likes this.
  5. Jake Gyllenhaal

I'm behind on DLM but who is the voice of Eddie the Eagle? At first I was wondering if it was DVK since he retired Wahlberg but doesn't sound like his voice. I'm midway through the SDCC episode so I don't know if they reveal it towards the end.

6. simonthebutler

Regular

It is Dan van kirk

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  7. Jake Gyllenhaal

Does he show up in more recent episodes? I kinda like him. Ca-caw!!!

8. simonthebutler

Regular

Just the 2 from San Diego but the ca-caw after douglovesmovies.com YEAH has caught on much to Doug's dismay.

9. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Maybe I missed it but how has Doug not gotten way more shit for having TJ on recently? Especially when Schaal and Kurt caught it for the same thing.

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Lily from Hannah Montana tweeting about the pod is wild

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Lying about eating Pop Tarts to own the libs

Aaron Mook likes this.
  12. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Seinfeld sounds like a guy who's never been unfairly maligned or mistreated due to his gender, race, etc...

I doubt it's purposeful "fuck em" kind of thinking, but at his age, experience, and intelligence, he should know better.

13. Jake Gyllenhaal

I assume that people from his generation of comics that broke through during the 80s comedy boom still hold that old school mentality and never bothered to adopt to changing trends in culture.

14. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I agree.

It's also easier to do that when you're not far from being a billionaire.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  15. Jake Gyllenhaal

Oh totally. TV residuals aside, he’s still a comic that wants to continue to perform. He doesn’t need college gigs or club bookings. He can still make millions a year just doing corporate gigs. When he doesn’t feel welcomed in a college or PC climate, he just lashes out at critics.

16. Dinosaurs Dish Aug 15, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 15, 2018)
    Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, for sure. I still think there’s place for offensive stand up comedy, to be honest. Yelling the n word like Michael Richards is clearly terrible and he deservedly got raked over the coals for it. But there are comedians and comedy shows who are smart enough to craft jokes that can be offensive, but aren’t using those kind of words or taboo subjects as the punchline but as the setting of a clever joke. (Edit - I’m not advocating the use of the n word when talking about this)

But I also can understand people still hating that and not wanting it to be allowed or celebrated.

chewbacca110 and I Am Mick like this.
  17. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

He doesn't even have any un-PC bits, he's just supremely unfunny in 2018 and can't fathom college students thinking so. So he makes himself a victim if the PC police or whatever. Very pathetic

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

his standup was barely funny in like 1990 when he was at the height of his career, like every time they included it in the beginning or end of an episode it was like why

19. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I just watched his most recent stand up on Netflix and only made it like 15 mins. It just wasn't...funny. I could even tell by watching the audience that a lot of them felt the same way.

20. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I've always loved his stand up comedy, so I can't agree with y'all there.

21. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

based on that tweet all I’m seeing him say is that jokes don’t necessarily reflect the comedians beliefs. I don’t see why anyone would have a problem with that

chewbacca110 and riotspray like this.
  22. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

It’s a bad faith willful misreading of why people object to certain jokes. I like him but he’s woefully out of touch.

23. Jake Gyllenhaal

Next up, Jim Gaffigan admits he's never eaten bacon in his life.

I Am Mick likes this.
  24. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Seinfeld also dated a 17 year old when he was 40

25. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I’m not saying Seinfeld isn’t shitty, just that his quote is valid.