Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comedy: Stand-Up, Improv, Sketch, Podcasts • Page 270

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

when I saw him a few years back it was a mix of standup and impressions

suicidesaints likes this.
  2. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Overcast is good and very similar to how Apple Podcasts was before Tim Cook went and goofed it up

3. Yep same and he was really really good. Even better than I was expecting, and I'm obviously a fan

4. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Aukerman/McKenna/Reino/Morris on i4h today, hot daaammnnn

5. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone listen to Stand By Your Band?

The new Kid Rock episode is really good.

6. Chuck!

Regular

If anyone has the Adam Scott U2 shirt in large, and doesn't want it anymore for some reason, I'd love to buy it from you. This is the shirt I'm talking about.

Also, for anyone who bought it in any size, did it tend to run big or small? I'm considering getting a medium or XL if necessary

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

8. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

I would say mine runs slightly big.

Chuck! likes this.
  9. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

New Superego episodes are exactly what this country needs.

10. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Mike Lawrence won roast battle, he was great in that, destroyed Ralphie May (RIP), Sarah Tiana was the runner up I think. And Emmy Blotnick is great.

11. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

Saw Emmy Blotnick a few months ago, and maybe she was trying out new material but she looked very nervous and none of her jokes landed

12. Daniel Nov 18, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 18, 2017)
    Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

The Adam Scott and Terry Crews Do You Want to See a Dead Body episodes are streaming for free on YouTube and they're insane and great.

13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Raised by TV kinda sucks, right? Love both of them but they're wildy unprepared and don't know half the shit they're talking about

alina and suicidesaints like this.
  14. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I only played the first ep which was as close to nothing as a podcast can be, but yeah I feel like its too early to call it. Those two are very funny in general, I think the concept needs more time to emerge to give them things to do instead of just remembering and going oh yeah I remember that and then remembering something else

15. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I think they need guests that played a part in what they were raised on, whether it’s an actor/actress from a TGIF show, a PA from a game show, or voice actor from a cartoon. Pop My Culture had a good track record of getting those types of guests that catered to the same generation that grew up on that stuff. I feel like Gay Kiss has enough clout in the business to make this happen.

tucah, suicidesaints and I Am Mick like this.
  16. Sal Paradise

Trusted

I like it for the nodtolgia factor, but I don't know if it will have staying power, if the format stays the same.

Has anyone been listening to entry level with Brooks Wheelen? I mentioned it either right before or during the CK stuff coming out so it got buried, but I'm enjoying that one quite a bit.

17. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Raised By Tv should for sure be better. I still really enjoy it, but I think it’s too much of an offshoot of the High and Mighty episode. Rambling about nostalgic things (and often miseremebering) will only work for so long.

My worry is they’ve already recorded a ton of episodes since they’ve been promoting this for months and any feedback they get is going to be too late.

18. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Speaking of which, Gino and Todd on CBB

19. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

"If you watched a Stephen King movie, you might be a Stranger Things"

Vivatoto and incognitojones like this.
  20. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

John Hodgman has been killing it making the podcast rounds promoting his book. The last Gino and Todd appearance on CBB may be the funniest thing I've heard all year. Looking forward to listening to this.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  21. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Feel like Gino has been on a ton lately. Finally being a real intern???

22. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

His run about the priests will probably be #1 in the best ofs

23. Really enjoying Real Life Sci-Fi so far, but Wade can be such a dick to Willy. I know Willy tends to meander and be kind of silly, but that's just the show. Reminds me of when I stopped listening to The Canon because of how condescending Devin Faraci was to Amy Nicholson (but obviously that was indicative of something far worse).

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Brian Regan's Netflix special is tomorrow then Craig Ferguson in 2 weeks!

Kingjohn_654 and gonz (Alex) like this.