Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comedy: Stand-Up, Improv, Sketch, Podcasts • Page 161

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

No problem.

I mean, I wasn't trying to shit on Chappelle's new stuff or anything. I guess I just had such high hopes for it and was disappointed. Plus I feel like everyone is talking about Chappelle and there's lots of other stuff that barely gets mentioned that, to me at least, is superior. Agree though, if he had condensed those two hours into one concise hour and cut out the problematic material, it could have been great.

popdisaster00 and yeahrightdude like this.
  2. Davjs

Trusted

I liked the two Chappelle stand ups. I didn't have the super high expectations since he's been gone for so long.

Jerrod Carmichael's new special "8" came out recently too and I watched all 3 in last week. I think that one is really really good, he's underrated for sure.

Wharf Rat and suicidesaints like this.
  3. RonandTammy

Regular

With all the talk of Chappelle's insensitivity, are there any fans of the Chappelle Show here that were around when it actually aired?

Davjs likes this.
  4. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Yup

5. RonandTammy

Regular

Ok so I'm not alone in this. I find it ridiculously hard to believe that this show was DONE in 2004. Season 3 doesn't count, though the dinosaur egg thing was hilarious.

Favorite sketch is probably still the World Series of Dice.

When I leave people come together like buttcheeks.

6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I saw the last 4 on your list. I'm in the minority here but do not like Kurt at all. Actually turned it off about 20 minutes in. I did enjoy Birbiglia very much and found Neal's special pretty interesting, but not hilarious or anything. Bill Burr was just decent in my opinion although he's usually pretty hit or miss for me.

7. RonandTammy

Regular

Has anyone seen Schumer's new one? I probably missed the conversation but I watched the first 20 or so and I laughed at some of the bits. I get tired of the "women talking about their vaginas in a revolting way," same goes for the dudes that do it, but still pretty funny from what I saw.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  8. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like I'm missing some other specials too, but I can't think of what... There was some stuff released on Seeso in the last month or two...

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Yeah I don't love her stand-up, Inside Amy is great though

10. RonandTammy

Regular

I thought she was hilarious in Trainwreck, but there's something about certain female stand ups where the topic of most jokes is how they're sleeping with random men constantly. I don't know why that's such a common theme with certain comics, but some do it better than others. Lisa Lampinelli is by far the best, but Schumer sometimes goes a bit too far for the "eww" joke.

11. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I didn't love Amy Schumer's special but I still occasionally think about her "Mmm... Soup" line and laugh

12. RonandTammy

Regular

Is that from her new special? I know I've seen one of them all the way through but it's been a while. The opening joke about waking up to a random dude going down on her was pretty funny.

13. Matt

I just want to hang out with Tatiana :(

14. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

I'm sure Kristian Bruun is a nice guy but on CBB he always comes off like he's trying so hard. *ducks*

yeahrightdude likes this.
  15. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

Boooo ^

kbeef2, Zilla and Grapevine_Twine like this.
  16. Matt

leave Charles Brown alone

17. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Whenever PFT just repeats something I lose it

tucah, Wharf Rat and dadbolt like this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Good thing she has so many clones

19. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

Doof Doof Doof Doof

20. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I love the dynamic Charles and Scott have

21. Matt

22. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

Ugh the way she whisper-raps hurts my ears

23. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

are you talking to me during the jackal?

Dominick and dadbolt like this.
  24. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

My name is CJ Cregg and I'm here to say
    It's fun to rap as the Press Secretary!

Wharf Rat likes this.
  25. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

New stand-up coming to Netflix in April

4/4 Louis CK
    4/11 Kevin Hart
    4/18 Lucas Bros
    4/25 Vir Das

Davjs, imthesheriff, Chuck! and 2 others like this.