Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Comcast, AT&T, and Verizon Say You Shouldn’t Worry About Gutting of Internet Privacy Rules

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Jacob Kastrenakes, writing for The Verge:

Comcast, AT&T, and Verizon published blog posts this morning responding to the backlash they’ve been receiving since Congress voted to revoke a strong set of internet privacy rules that would have prevented internet providers from using or sharing their customers’ web browsing history without permission. The companies take different approaches when responding, but the takeaway from all three is that they think customers should stop worrying.

Ah, yes, trust the giant company, what could go wrong?

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  2. heymattrick

Sending my love

Well Comcast, AT&T, and Verizon seem like completely trustworthy sources so I don't think we have anything to worry about

kpatrickwood likes this.
  3. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Verizon Wireless is such a fucked up company

4. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

When has a large company ever not acted in my own best interest? It's not like they are soul-less money driven greed machines.

Raku likes this.
  5. Raku

Regular

Yeah, nice try, but no.

It's strange that they want us to trust them when there have been articles where these same companies are cited as lobbying for the repeal of browsing security.

As the great Yoda would say "Trust them, I can't!"