Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

College Thread • Page 97

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Dog with a Blog

Just a heads up, I’m never playing with you and the only reason I agreed is cause I was already on

Mr. Serotonin and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

my English teacher was like this class starts out hard and gets easier later on so she assigned us an 100 page paper to annotate and write a summary on and we only have until Wednesday 8 am to finish it.

SlappinCups and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  3. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Imagine how easy it's gonna get though

SlappinCups and supernovagirl like this.
  4. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Oof. That is fuckin rough. Also what kinda psychopath?!? I’ve never even heard of a class working that way lmao

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  5. supernovagirl

This is a pretty dead thread but I applied for graduation today ayyy!!!

they changed a rule that allows me to graduate fully in May (as opposed to walking in May and doing one more class in the summer afterwards)
    Huge relief!!!

SlappinCups and EmmanuelSCastle like this.
  6. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

that's great to hear, congrats!

SlappinCups and supernovagirl like this.
  7. supernovagirl

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  8. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Looking into getting my masters and rly struggling with what I want. My job help pays for your masters at a certain school online and it takes 3 years and idk idk that feels so long even tho it's prob not in the grand scheme. But I wouldn't even be able to apply until winter and start next fall so it'd take four years. But then it'd cost me less overall. But I want instant gratification and I wouldn't want to move until I completed a program and four years is just too long idk. Uggh

9. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

3 years is not too long if you study part-time

Kiana likes this.
  10. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I think what's stumping me most is that I couldn't even start the program until fall 2021. Idk. Prob being short-sighted but I don't wanna wait a full year just to get started. I have a mentor of sorts in my field so I'll ask them for advice, but yeah. Not making any final decisions at 3am when I can't sleep anyway oop

11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I did a Masters on campus here in Minneapolis while also working full-time; I was technically a "full-time student", but that basically meant taking at least two classes at once, compared to four for a normal student. I could leave work downtown and be on campus in 10 minutes, which really helped. Took me three years to complete the program, instead of the normal two, because I only did 2 (and occasionally three) classes a semester. Kept me really busy, but the three years went by quick. I enjoyed the learning I did in roughly 70% of the classes, which helped too. If you know the degree will most likely help your job chances in the future, it's totally worth it

12. Rene Black

I really don't like writing essays and various laboratory reports. It's not very interesting for me. And how do you do with it?

13. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

T-minus one month till I move to campus for graduate school. Couldn't be more excited.

14. kuriisenbo Jul 23, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 24, 2020)
    kuriisenbo

I finish soon my courses, when changes will come more vividly of what happens in the world, hopefully they will be handy. Because there was no work I was compelled to go back home from London to Serbia. Now I do Cisco Certificate courses online with Free Cisco Dumps Exam Online , CCNA Dumps CCNP Questions & CCIE Answers | Spotoclub.com . And afterwards will apply of different jobs so that my chances will raise. I know a person who told me it helped her. These days without a right papers you can’t do anything. But it is good when some knowledge you inherit, because knowing word those mean you know the meaning of that word. I’m doing IT because I know future will be full of job positions in coding.

15. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I’ve been taking online classes again for the last 7 weeks or so and pumped out 9 credits during that time. Hoping to be finished with my degree (finally) within the next 24-months at latest but I don’t totally hate my job so I can take my time if I need to - which I will since I’m paying for everything as I go.

trying to go into each class knowing it’s only 5 weeks and that there are interesting things to take away from each subject. And also, I’m paying for it, so might as well pay attention and get something out of it. Last class was Earth Sciences or whatnot and I used to haaaaate science way back when in high school 10+ years someone but the class was pretty cool and I learned some neat things. I won’t remember them in four months but still lol.

16. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I have good news and great news.

Good news: my university is making all classes online due to a number of parties leading to clusters of covid cases.

Great news: I get to continue paying my lease to a student apartment directly across the street from a campus that I will no longer go to for class.

danielm123 likes this.
  17. danielm123

Trusted

Yeah, I think this going to be my fate as well. Already been paying rent for a month of an apartment that I have no idea if I'll ever stay in

justin. likes this.
  18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

There are many students that are sick and 6 frats reporting confirmed cases, but my university still hasn’t made any announcements.

As of now the university will have to refund students 90% of their tuition, but if students are sent home on August 22nd the university only has to refund students 50% of their tuition.

It’s crazy that the announcement is being held off (they know about the cases because the student health service has been completely packed for the last two days) just so that they can wait until the tuition refund drops to 50%.

19. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Wow I can’t believe I waited until a pandemic to finally go to school. My timing has never been great

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  20. I'm actually fairly confident in my school (NYU). Tuesday and Wednesday, they had everyone from outside the tri-state area move in and they're all required to self isolate for 2 weeks, as is required by NY state guidelines. The school is providing free on-campus testing that's apparently pretty thorough and quick (according to friends that have already moved in). People like me who live within the tri-state area move in the 31st-1st.

Granted, a few selfish idiots is all it takes to get us sent home, but compared to some of the other horror stories I've heard from other schools I feel somewhat safe. Even have a socially distanced date lined up my first week back.

21. Cody

so surreal to be registered for classes and like actually getting ready to go to school, especially given all the COVID shit. so out of my element and nervous but definitely ready to get it right this time! honestly never thought i'd get back to it let alone find a path for myself that feels organic and exciting. life is weird

danielm123 likes this.
  22. Cody

made it through a semester w a 4.0! granted It was semester #1 at a community college but still proud of myself on principle given how aggressively I fucked up my schooling at 18! Starting the lion’s share of the piano tuning program I’m in next semester and truly cannot wait, I really feel like I have built up a necessary bit of momentum. If I keep this up, the dream I have about getting a bachelor’s in music therapy may not be a dream for much longer!!

23. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

well done!

24. drewinseries

Drew

you love to hear it. congrats and keep it up.

25. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

First semester of grad school done for me. Surreal. You mean I have to start thinking about the PhD now? Fuckin' eh.

danielm123 likes this.