Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

College Thread • Page 97

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  2. CobraKidJon

I just wanted to spam that to you like I usually do but congrats dog you are a good boi now

supernovagirl and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  3. Dog with a Blog

Prestigious Prestigious

Just a heads up, I’m never playing with you and the only reason I agreed is cause I was already on

Mr. Serotonin and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  4. CobraKidJon

my English teacher was like this class starts out hard and gets easier later on so she assigned us an 100 page paper to annotate and write a summary on and we only have until Wednesday 8 am to finish it.

SlappinCups and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  5. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Imagine how easy it's gonna get though

SlappinCups and supernovagirl like this.
  6. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Oof. That is fuckin rough. Also what kinda psychopath?!? I’ve never even heard of a class working that way lmao

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  7. supernovagirl

This is a pretty dead thread but I applied for graduation today ayyy!!!

they changed a rule that allows me to graduate fully in May (as opposed to walking in May and doing one more class in the summer afterwards)
    Huge relief!!!

SlappinCups and EmmanuelSCastle like this.
  8. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

that's great to hear, congrats!

SlappinCups and supernovagirl like this.
  9. supernovagirl

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  10. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Looking into getting my masters and rly struggling with what I want. My job help pays for your masters at a certain school online and it takes 3 years and idk idk that feels so long even tho it's prob not in the grand scheme. But I wouldn't even be able to apply until winter and start next fall so it'd take four years. But then it'd cost me less overall. But I want instant gratification and I wouldn't want to move until I completed a program and four years is just too long idk. Uggh

11. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

3 years is not too long if you study part-time

Kiana likes this.
  12. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I think what's stumping me most is that I couldn't even start the program until fall 2021. Idk. Prob being short-sighted but I don't wanna wait a full year just to get started. I have a mentor of sorts in my field so I'll ask them for advice, but yeah. Not making any final decisions at 3am when I can't sleep anyway oop

13. Ferrari333SP

Trusted Supporter

I did a Masters on campus here in Minneapolis while also working full-time; I was technically a "full-time student", but that basically meant taking at least two classes at once, compared to four for a normal student. I could leave work downtown and be on campus in 10 minutes, which really helped. Took me three years to complete the program, instead of the normal two, because I only did 2 (and occasionally three) classes a semester. Kept me really busy, but the three years went by quick. I enjoyed the learning I did in roughly 70% of the classes, which helped too. If you know the degree will most likely help your job chances in the future, it's totally worth it

14. Rene Black

I really don't like writing essays and various laboratory reports. It's not very interesting for me. And how do you do with it?

15. inspectorkemp

shittiest taste 2k20

T-minus one month till I move to campus for graduate school. Couldn't be more excited.