Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

College Thread • Page 93

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

[​IMG]

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  2. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Prob a month or two until you get the physical thing. Gotta run processes and make sure you actually did pass the classes and are eligible for graduating.

3. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

What if you didn't? Will they care?

4. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

5. Dog with a Blog

I hope my teachers know this is my last semester so they will be lenient about the fact that all my work is garbage. God, I need this semester to be over so I can feel like a person again

6. Dog with a Blog

I dunno if I’ve ever procrastinated more in my life. I still haven’t finished my paper that’s due tonight and I have to go to work so I’m gonna get home later and finish it before midnight and then write my paper that’s due tomorrow. Honestly, I don’t even care about quality at this point. As long as I get it done I should pass so it’s whatever

supernovagirl and StuffinCups like this.
  7. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

this semester rly sucks huh

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  8. Dog with a Blog

Very

supernovagirl likes this.
  9. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

It’s all bad

10. danielm123

Trusted

Working on emails to potential Ph D advisers now. I don't know what's worse, the fact that I'm applying to way too many schools and will probably end up sending >20 emails or that I'm really nervous about the response. And meanwhile all my other work continues to pile up while I work on grad school stuff and complain on here

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  11. Dog with a Blog

Lmao. I know I’ve said this a lot, but that was actually the worst paper I’ve ever written. No through line. I have no idea if I did the quotes correctly. I complete pile of shit. Turned in with 3 minutes to spare. I am human garbage. I just need a C I just need a C I just need a C I just need a C

12. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I was really considering doing a PhD... but then I spend the last few months working on my master’s thesis and I can’t see myself ever wanting to do something like that again

Dog with a Blog and danielm123 like this.
  13. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

soooo i skipped class again

14. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

open invitation to call me a piece of shit to hold me accountable for my actions etc

15. SlappinCups

[​IMG]

16. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

i wont skip this class anymore I just felt like trash this morning

Dog with a Blog and StuffinCups like this.
  17. Dog with a Blog

I have no fucking clue what to write this paper on. It only needs to be four pages but that’s a lot when the well is dry

supernovagirl and StuffinCups like this.
  18. Dog with a Blog Nov 18, 2019
    (Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2019)
    Dog with a Blog

I have to write the paper on this book and we need two outside sources. I just found a pretty lengthy essay on it.....but it’s written by my professor lol

19. SlappinCups

what book

20. Dog with a Blog

Under the Feet of Jesus.

what’s it to you Cups

Mr. Serotonin and StuffinCups like this.
  21. SlappinCups

jw, also i don't see why you couldn't use your prof as long as you cite properly

22. Dog with a Blog

Oh I know I can. I just feel weird about it haha

StuffinCups and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  23. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

I’m taking my first class where the professor assigned their own book, and it’s definitely odd referring to them in the third person in papers knowing they’re the one reading it later

24. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Here's a funny(ish) story

I took an exam in my Engineering Geology class a couple weeks ago and it was brutal cause the prof said the format would be the same as the 1st one (which was 30% definitions and 70% concept diagrams) but that wasn't the format and there was only one concept diagram question and a bunch of other weird stuff that we didn't study so literally the entire class felt they failed it.

Last week he told us that he started grading the exams and they looked pretty good so far and we all just were confused and told him that we literally all thought we failed.

So today he comes in and says "I want to apologize for telling you guys that the exams were good. I only graded the concept diagram which you all did great on. After that it was all downhill. Every other question was just bad, and not even some of you, it was the whole class. The average was about a 40 and the standard deviation was really small, it ranged from like 37-43". Hey, we tried to warn him ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Happy ending though as he is letting us retake the exam on Friday

danielm123 and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  25. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

in my geography class I’ve literally managed to only get these scores on the tests. They are 60, 60, 60, 62 and my last test was a 62. I hate myself.

StuffinCups likes this.