College Thread • Page 93

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Dog with a Blog

Prestigious Prestigious

damn. That is a lots godspeed.

Can you explain to me as if I were a child what it is you do in a quantum mechanics course? Is it mostly just math?

supernovagirl and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  2. Dog with a Blog

Prestigious Prestigious

How long after the semester is over so I get a degree or whatever

3. danielm123

Regular

Honestly, all advanced physics courses are mostly just math. Quantum mechanics is just math with more weird symbols, equations that feel like they go on forever, and almost no numbers whatsoever. Also, this is the first class where I actually needed to "use" a computer program to solve a hw problem (I say use in quotations because I found the solution manual to the book and just claimed that I did the problem using a computer... surprisingly, he bought it). It's actually not quite as bad as I thought it would be although I guess the 80% of the class who dropped would disagree

4. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I can go in to advising and get a grad check and apply for graduation (as in, graduating in May) and it’s freaking me out it’s feeling real

5. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I have an essay due on Monday about reviewing a historical journal entry and I’m not about it

6. WrappinCups

Hurley apologist Supporter

[​IMG]

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  7. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Prob a month or two until you get the physical thing. Gotta run processes and make sure you actually did pass the classes and are eligible for graduating.

8. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

What if you didn't? Will they care?

9. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

10. Dog with a Blog

Prestigious Prestigious

I hope my teachers know this is my last semester so they will be lenient about the fact that all my work is garbage. God, I need this semester to be over so I can feel like a person again

11. Dog with a Blog

Prestigious Prestigious

I dunno if I’ve ever procrastinated more in my life. I still haven’t finished my paper that’s due tonight and I have to go to work so I’m gonna get home later and finish it before midnight and then write my paper that’s due tomorrow. Honestly, I don’t even care about quality at this point. As long as I get it done I should pass so it’s whatever

supernovagirl and StuffinCups like this.
  12. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

this semester rly sucks huh

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  13. Dog with a Blog

Prestigious Prestigious

Very

supernovagirl likes this.
  14. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

It’s all bad

15. danielm123

Regular

Working on emails to potential Ph D advisers now. I don't know what's worse, the fact that I'm applying to way too many schools and will probably end up sending >20 emails or that I'm really nervous about the response. And meanwhile all my other work continues to pile up while I work on grad school stuff and complain on here

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  16. Dog with a Blog

Prestigious Prestigious

Lmao. I know I’ve said this a lot, but that was actually the worst paper I’ve ever written. No through line. I have no idea if I did the quotes correctly. I complete pile of shit. Turned in with 3 minutes to spare. I am human garbage. I just need a C I just need a C I just need a C I just need a C

17. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block

I was really considering doing a PhD... but then I spend the last few months working on my master’s thesis and I can’t see myself ever wanting to do something like that again

Dog with a Blog and danielm123 like this.
  18. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

soooo i skipped class again

19. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

open invitation to call me a piece of shit to hold me accountable for my actions etc

20. WrappinCups

[​IMG]

21. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

i wont skip this class anymore I just felt like trash this morning

Dog with a Blog and StuffinCups like this.
  22. Dog with a Blog

Prestigious Prestigious

I have no fucking clue what to write this paper on. It only needs to be four pages but that’s a lot when the well is dry

supernovagirl and StuffinCups like this.
  23. Dog with a Blog Nov 18, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 18, 2019)
    Dog with a Blog

Prestigious Prestigious

I have to write the paper on this book and we need two outside sources. I just found a pretty lengthy essay on it.....but it’s written by my professor lol

24. WrappinCups

what book

25. Dog with a Blog

Prestigious Prestigious

Under the Feet of Jesus.

what’s it to you Cups

Mr. Serotonin and StuffinCups like this.