Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

College Thread • Page 92

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I have like two weeks, but I’ve been waiting for feedback by my tutor so that should arrive at some point too and take away time. I’m currently trying to do what you recommend, but it’s hard because it’s been months since I worked on the literature review so I’ve kind of fallen out off those topics. I’m writing about AI in hospitality.

2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

in one of my classes we have taken 4 tests so far.

this was the result line:

60 / 60 / 60 / 62

I’m so disappointed with myself because I actually study meanwhile my brother hardly studies and he has a 90 in the class and I’m barely at 70. This is depressing tbh.

3. Dog with a Blog

Only about 18 actual days of classes left. 6 weeks. So. Close.

4. CobraKidJon

It is so slowwww

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  5. Dog with a Blog

I feel like it’s been going by surprisingly fast tbh. I mean, I’m dying cause it’s my last semester and it couldn’t go by fast enough but still, we’re gettin there

EmmanuelSCastle and danielm123 like this.
  6. CobraKidJon

I’m already starting to not to care about the semester so that’s not but my grades are ok enough to slack off a bit

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  7. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

doing this 50 point project last minute because my name is actually James

Dog with a Blog and GrantCloud like this.
  8. scroopy.noopers

: (

graduated from the data science bootcamp and now in job hunt hell. how the fuck do i "leverage my network" on linkedin? is there a separate app for that? also, how has linkedin been around for so long and still designed like complete shit?

9. The Lucky Moose

It’s amazing how bad it is, it’s so broken

10. CobraKidJon

11. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Just registered for my final two classes. Its so close I can taste the debt

12. Dog with a Blog

proud of you

GrantCloud and elwayinthe4th like this.
  13. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

the rush of pure anxiety and then instant euphoria after submitting it is almost addicting.

GrantCloud and Dog with a Blog like this.
  14. The Lucky Moose

I submitted my master’s thesis today and there’s a big mistake on the title page that makes the title of the thesis nonsensical. All because I had to change it last minute because of annoying feedback. I hate my life.

15. Dog with a Blog

One more month of classes but only 7 actual class sessions holy shitttttt

16. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

i need to not skip class for the rest of the semester I resolve this to myself

17. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

RT

GrantCloud and EmmanuelSCastle like this.
  18. CobraKidJon

9 class sessions left is nice

19. danielm123

Trusted

I still have 17 class sessions left, which is honestly kind of scary because I have so much stuff to do before the semester ends (primarily grad school applications) and so little time to do it.

20. danielm123

Trusted

Also, I'm pretty sure my quantum mechanics class is down to three people (after starting with 11). It's kind of feeling like a "who will be the last person standing" kind of thing. All I know is that we better all get an A+ for sticking through the class

21. Dog with a Blog

damn. That is a lots godspeed.

Can you explain to me as if I were a child what it is you do in a quantum mechanics course? Is it mostly just math?

supernovagirl and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  22. Dog with a Blog

How long after the semester is over so I get a degree or whatever

23. danielm123

Trusted

Honestly, all advanced physics courses are mostly just math. Quantum mechanics is just math with more weird symbols, equations that feel like they go on forever, and almost no numbers whatsoever. Also, this is the first class where I actually needed to "use" a computer program to solve a hw problem (I say use in quotations because I found the solution manual to the book and just claimed that I did the problem using a computer... surprisingly, he bought it). It's actually not quite as bad as I thought it would be although I guess the 80% of the class who dropped would disagree

24. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I can go in to advising and get a grad check and apply for graduation (as in, graduating in May) and it’s freaking me out it’s feeling real

25. CobraKidJon

I have an essay due on Monday about reviewing a historical journal entry and I’m not about it