Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

College Thread • Page 88

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

should've done that but I only applied to one school cause I procrastinated

drewinseries likes this.
  2. Dog with a Blog

That’s what I did and I’m still amazed at how expensive it is. Can’t imagine having gone straight to a 4 year.

I’m honestly really excited to go back. It’s my final semester and it’s gonna be so easy.

Monday: 4 - 6:45p - Applied composition for educators K - 8

Tuesday: 11-12:50p - Archery

Wednesday: 4-6:45p - American Ethnic Lit

And that’s it

supernovagirl likes this.
  3. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I dropped the ball on applying for financial aid so now I’m not sure if/how much I’ll be awarded
    Buuuuut assuming that all comes through...
    I’m so ready to start my senior year. 5 classes each semester is gonna kill me, especially since I have to leave my house at like 7 this semester which is going to suuuuuck.

But I just am so close to graduating I can taste it and I just need it. I don’t even want to think about if I have to take a semester break cause of financial aid -___-

ChiliTacos likes this.
  4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Fortunately, I received a lot of grants. I think I’ll graduate with only 13k in debt. Some of my friends are 40 - 50k in debt.

5. drewinseries

Drew

Yeah I'm 35k. All state school. Even with my STEM degree and a 75k salary, it's a burden living in Boston. It's crazy.

6. supernovagirl

yeah Im gonna be like 50-60 when I'm done weeee

oh coollllll hhahaa that doesnt make me want to kill myself at all :upside:

7. inspectorkemp

a literal succubitch

Graduated three months ago, just chiming in to agree here. I miss college more than anything and frankly my heart hurts every time I think about the fact I'm not going back in a couple weeks. I miss my sorority, I miss my fellow theatre department chucklefucks, I miss some of my professors, and hell, I even miss some of my classes.

Probably helped by the fact that academics were a breeze for me and I got good grades with very little effort (unlike high school) so my experience is probably quite an outlier but even so. In college it was like every day was a wild new experience. Post-grad life has been an exercise in making the most of a mediocre existence. Realizing your gender identity halfway through college and exiting back into the "real world" where you've never been public about your gender in before probably doesn't help either, as opposed to back there where everybody knew about my gender and everybody respected it.

College was stressful and being broke sucked but I'd still honestly take it over the intense doldrums of temp work and job searching. Oh well. At least I don't have a crippling amount of debt. Someday things will get interesting again. Someday.

8. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I’m still working on my master’s thesis and I will never miss that, but I do miss going to class etc. I have always either been self employed or part of the family business, which is great in many ways, but can also be isolating. College was the antidote for that.

9. supernovagirl

My financial aid officially hasn’t gone through so I have to go meet with the advisors on Monday. Give me all your good vibes that it works out because I’m kind of panicking and I don’t know what I’ll do if I have to defer a semester

EmmanuelSCastle and ChiliTacos like this.
  10. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I might be in the same boat, good luck hope it goes well

11. JxP

Poster Boys for Bad Luck

12. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

business management, but i work in IT.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  13. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

so my Spanish class is fine and my geography class is super cool because the teacher is so into it.

It makes it a lot easier when the teacher can lecture for days. He also only writes his notes on the board so that is different from the usual pace lately.

my history class however has just been so boring that I even get sleepy since it’s a lecture class. I don’t know how I’m going to survive even if history is my major.

14. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone have any backpack recs?! Looking for functional yet stylish!

15. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Idk if this counts as stylish but it's pretty minimal, fits a lot and it's not too expensive. I've had it for about a year and it's still going strong.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  16. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Nice, adding to my list.

Tom likes this.
  17. supernovagirl

Financial aid came thruuuu!!
    I drove an hour to school today just for them to tell me oh it only just got processed today, you’ll get your offer soon, btw you could have just called! Lmao
    So I got home and I got the offer!

For some reason I am being offered less than usual for spring semester so I’m not sure if I can appeal that or find out why but in the mean time I have fall semester covered and it’s the biggest weight off my shoulders and I wanna cry

18. Dog with a Blog

Waiting for financial aid to come through like

[​IMG]

19. supernovagirl

did your semester already start?? @Dog with a Blog

also I spoke too soon and everythings NOT peachy now, because my school offers so few classes that actually satisfy my major. I will actually have to for sure take 1 or 2 classes over the summer after graduating- if they even offer them, that is...
    It really sucks. I'd take 6 classes in a semester if I had to, but they just literally aren't there to take.

20. Dog with a Blog

Not until the 26th. You?

21. supernovagirl

Yeah same! Our financial aid gets dispersed sept 1 so I too am holding on for that haha

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  22. Dog with a Blog

Niiiice. Technically mine went through on the 16th and I see that my tuition was paid for so I’m just waiting on dat monehhhh

23. CobraKidJon

the only financial aid I get is my class fees are waived :(

meanwhile my brother actually got a financial aid and I’m jealous.

24. supernovagirl

Oh shit nice.

That sucks but also how did your brother get more? Is he over 24 and you’re not? Did he apply sooner?

25. CobraKidJon

I’m older, I’m 25 and he is 22: I also applied before him but I also have a full time job and he doesn’t.