Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

College Thread • Page 83

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Yeah mine was too, it was a whole thing, “project weeks” they called them. I guess it makes sense in business school but I always had to do all the work so I hated it so much lol

this time around it was less bad because we always got to pick who to work with, I guess they feel uncomfortable forcing grown ass people into groups lol

2. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I think I guess I should feel pretty lucky then haha

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  3. danielm123

Trusted

I can confirm that group papers are the worst. For my last group paper, on the due date, I was the only one who had done any work. In the end, one group member actually did some legit work, albeit like 4 hours before it was due, another sent me a single paragraph filled with grammatical errors, and the other said that she might help with editing while she was at work and then we never heard from her again.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  4. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

okay finished most of my work and can focus on finishing the remaining ~12 out of 17 pages of my critical theory paper so I can spend all of 4/20 blazed as fuck. let's gooooooo

5. supernovagirl

I am just posting in here to remind myself I have a rant to unleash p soon

6. supernovagirl

Okay so
    I’m totally done in all my classes except for the “final project/exam” stuff right

Well for my one class persuasion and media, the prof has not been there in literally weeks. She hasn’t taught anything in over a month. Literally.
    She keeps sending announcements and stuff and says stuff like you are responsible for teaching yourself this module and it’s like really?? Why am I paying you???

So we have a group project presentation to give on Monday (our last class meeting) and then still have a quiz due Tuesday and a final due Wednesday
    Not teaching the material for the quiz and ZERO final review which is frustrating

So basically on Wednesday during her morning class the tea spilled that she had this epic breakdown of yelling at a student and slamming the door and all this stuff and afterwards a bunch of students went to her director. She’s a grad student not a real professor so honestly it’s not a Good Look.
    She also apparently gave the whole class Cs on the last presentation and said “I shouldn’t have to grade easier because they don’t understand”

Oh and have I mentioned that so far we have like 250 points in the class and the final project and exam are 125 each
    So like the last two assignments are weighted just as much as the rest of the fucking semester.

We also presented like 3 weeks ago the first group project (same group) and we are supposed to present Monday and she hasn’t given us our graces for the last presentation. It’s like okay cool how are we supposed to know how we did and what we need to improve on????

In her announcement yesterday she literally said unprompted “I will have your grades in today” well here we are the next day and no grades!

I’m honestly at a loss and I wish the school would just step in and pull the plug and quietly be like class is cancelled your grade is final

danielm123 likes this.
  7. supernovagirl

Also that’s not even going into the fact that this is that fake woke teacher that scolded me for saying that prisons are modern day slavery and she acts so progressive and like she understands race relations and she literally went on a tirade about White Feminism
    AND THEN SHE CALLED CAMPUS SECURITY ON A BLACK STUDENT
    AND said things like “oh now he’s trying to leave!”
    And honestly that’s the part I’m most hung up on.
    Like you can’t act like you know about race and then call security as if they won’t take the threat of a black student more seriously and aggressively than that of a white student. And also almost sending them on a literal racist manhunt to find her ~disruptive~ student

Because yeah he literally was arguing with her but was not being aggressive or dangerous by any stretch. Ugh just the most stereotypical white feminist thing to do, to immediately call security like I CANT

8. supernovagirl likes this.
  9. supernovagirl

Okay update is she’s updating us like everything’s peachy sooo I guess we’re moving forward like none of that happened......
    And I didn’t know what to think because she gave her morning class ONLY 70% and then one group got an 80. So I didn’t know wtf to expect from our grade
    But we got a 96%
    So now I’m a lot less worried
    And hopefully my group can take a chill pill

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  10. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

Tell me what school you went to so I can never go there ever.

Or wait is that too personal? DON'T TELL THINGS TO STRANGERS!

I need a nap so bad .

11. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

how does everyone deal with burnout towards the end of the semester?

12. Dog with a Blog

58CE596C-EDC0-42BC-AB13-2A67C4F7F499.jpeg

13. The Lucky Moose

Go into good enogh mode lol

14. Dog with a Blog

I’ve been in “good enough” mode this whole semester lol

15. The Lucky Moose

That was definitely me all throughout 13 years of regular school lol

16. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I have a photo project due on Friday and I told myself I take all the pictures I needed in LA. I only took 1 of the 6 needed so that’s fun.

I’m fun.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  17. Dog with a Blog

Mary V and elwayinthe4th like this.
  18. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  19. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

the adderall has kicked in except instead of working on my paper im just listening to the monitor by titus andronicus over and over again

20. Dog with a Blog

I’ve never taken adderall. Should I?

21. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

no

i don't think you'd hate it and you might even really enjoy it, but once weed is off the table for someone i think it's prudent to handle anything else with an even larger degree of caution

i think you mentioned anxiety re: weed and i mean this is a stimulant so there's a decent chance it gets your heart racing

22. Dog with a Blog

Hmm. Interesting. Not exactly the same, or even the same at all, but the few times I have taken Vicodin simply for recreational purposes I have really enjoyed it. But I guess that’s just like a pain killer, right? Lol

And yes, weed tends to make me anxious. It’s rare that I have a good time

23. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

yeah, unless you have issues not being completely in control there's no reason not to enjoy something like that haha. but like there are things that do similar things that might just not agree with you. like, i love adderall, but when ive taken vyvanse which is generally used for similar things, i get really anxious and feel like my heart is palpitating. so i avoid that one

but also im not your dad so im telling you this but you can also do whatever you're comfortable with lol. i don't think you'd decide without considering whether or not that's something you actually want, so i feel okay saying this part haha

24. Dog with a Blog

25. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

you seem to be handing out this distinction idk how special it is anymore