Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

College Thread • Page 82

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

I JUST WANT TO DO MY HOMEWORK

20190413_195843.jpg

2. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

it's a sign, you needed a break and the cat needed attention. symbiosis is beautiful

3. danielm123

Trusted

So, I've just been chugging along, not really posting in here because I thought I had everything under control. Under control doesn't make for good "College Thread" posts. Then I reevaluated my work for the rest of the semester and realized that I have : 3 research papers, 3 presentations, 7 tests, 3 lab reports, and 3 somewhat lengthy homework assignments to do for the rest of the semester. So... I'm not sure this qualifies as "under control"

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  4. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

Honestly I think he's just an asshole.

5. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I’m so close to being done with the semester I can taste it.
    One more group project, one more paper, one “final draft” of a paper, and an exam and that’s it?!?

6. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

This may be the best or worst idea ever but I think I am going to go back to school for my master's. There's something called the MEXT Scholarship, which is provided by the Japanese government in which they literally pay your way while you study for 2 years in Japan. Tuition, housing, and a small stipend, including the airplane ride to and from Japan, are all covered. It is highly competitive and the process involves a lot of paperwork and interviewing because it's through the Japanese consulate, but I am also very motivated to do this. I've wanted to live in Japan for a long time, and I am getting so stagnant at this job in which I have absolutely no interest. When I was in school, at least I could measure my success in my grades and praise and opportunities from professors. Now, my success is limited to a career that I hate but see no way to restart.

I finally sent an email out today to the consulate nearest me to inquire about the process, and I've been doing some research over the past couple of months so that when the application opens up (it's supposed to open in April and I've checked every day and still nothing) I can be ready to fill it out. Needless to say, I'm nervous but hopeful because I know I can do it. Would be pretty crushing to not get it, but it would also be worse for me mentally to not have tried at all.

7. danielm123

Trusted

That feeling when your professor extends the deadline of an assignment that you were stressing about is one of the best feelings in college

8. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

that sounds awesome. good luck!

K0ta likes this.
  9. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Why did I put off all my work until this week!

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  10. K0ta

11. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

YOU GUYS WANNA KNOW WHAT MY FAVORITE FUCKING THING IN THE WORLD IS!?
    My political science teacher has 3 books for the class and said that we would be doing a book review/critique on two of them. One paper comparing two of the books of our choosing. THEN TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE ASSIGNMENT IS DUE HE SAYS WE SHOULD HAVE READ TWO SPECIFIC BOOKS.

good lord this class is hot garbage.

12. supernovagirl

Oof

I also have one final paper in my one class and it is based on 3 readings we can choose from a list (not books but like articles/chapter type readings)

But the paper has to be betwen 1200-1600 words and I’m like wooooo
    I thought my work was done for the semester but I was very wrong

13. Dog with a Blog

Gahhhh!!! Officially enrolled in my final semester!! Just gotta power through this current trash fire of a semester

14. Dog with a Blog

AND it’s a hella easy load. Class Mon - Wed, each day only one class, and on Tuesday it’s just archery which is basically not a real class

15. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Is that a lot or no? We usually have to write 3000 mininum, sometimes 2000. It turned me into a bad writer, haha.

16. Kinda depressing but a relief that I’ve made more friends in the first three months of my course than I did in FOUR YEARS studying psychology

supernovagirl likes this.
  17. supernovagirl

Omg lol seriously?! And yeah it’s a lot. I’ve had longer papers before but this is definitely the longest one in the last couple of semesters

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  18. The Lucky Moose

Yeah its fucked up lol usually it's a few of those every few weeks, plus group papers that are between 3000-5000 words. Luckily I just finished my last one, now only the thesis is left lol

19. supernovagirl

Are you a grad student?! What is your major

20. The Lucky Moose Apr 17, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 17, 2019)
    The Lucky Moose

Yeah, master's student, doing an MBA. I had to write fewer papers as a bachelor's student, but even then group papers were too long, haha.

21. The Lucky Moose

I had time issues because my cat was sick a few months ago so I finished a 3000 word paper in one sitting. I was physically shaking by the end lmao

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  22. supernovagirl

Oh well that’s why hahah
    I haven’t ever had a group paper. Just group presentations. I write a lot of papers now as an undergrad but I mean most of them are like around 1000-1200 words at most

23. The Lucky Moose

In my bachelors I think I wrote a total
    of 20 big group papers of all kinds. It was terrible.

supernovagirl and K0ta like this.
  24. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

group papers were the absolute worst

The Lucky Moose and K0ta like this.
  25. K0ta

I had to write so many group papers it made me sick. I would usually end up doing most of the work too of course. My school was so obsessed with group projects I once had like 7 in a semester.