Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

College Thread • Page 79

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

That's a little over the top lol. Just site yourself and say you've become an expert on the topic. A LEADING expert.

PatRFinley and supernovagirl like this.
  2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

got my midterm tomorrow and I need at least a 42/50 to raise my grade to a B so that has me worried.

I also need to go schedule summer school and my fall classes today so wooo love the school.

3. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

I went back to his office and he doubled down on not giving me any points back. I'm taking this to the head of the math department (who also teaches the same course) because I'm curious if he would have done the same thing.

In other news, took a dynamics test today that could have went better. He gave us a sample exam and for one the problems he said "If I gave this kind of problem to the other sections the suicide rate would go up". And what do you know, that exact problem was on the exam.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  4. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

Teachers love foreshadowing.

5. CobraKidJon

I got my academic timeline that projects I’ll be done by Fall 2021 with community college and I told my parents and they are both disappointed and are like “you can do it faster.”

It’s like I get it they finished college in 4 years with jobs and having me as a baby but I’m not the same. My last time around in school I overworked loaded myself and got burnt out and dropped out.

this time around I’m coming in with a full time job and a commitment to my degree but also taking it slowly so I can get the best grades possible.

I don’t know I’m just venting but it sucks they are trying to put more pressure on me when they shouldn’t.

6. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

not thrilled with my political science class. the teacher teaches it like it's dead poets society or some shit. We've had ONE assignment all semester, which was just graded and I got an 85% with zero feedback. The semester ends next month so my whole grade so far is this one assignment and I'm pissed.

supernovagirl and lostawholeyear like this.
  7. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

:crylaugh:

supernovagirl likes this.
  8. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

he does! lol
    first day of class he's like "I don't really have a syllabus, I just thought you guys could decide how things go".
    OH YOU MEAN YOU DIDN'T DO YOUR JOB?!?! AND I'M PAYING AMERICAN DOLLARS FOR THIS CLASS???

supernovagirl and lostawholeyear like this.
  9. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

yeah you only get to do that if you're like a legendary academic and most of those people know that structure is important in a class lmao

elwayinthe4th likes this.
  10. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

A lot of business school teachers that come from the field don't follow a syllabus. Only 1 out of 10 of those doesn't make it feel like a waste of time and money however.

11. scroopy.noopers

: (

Errr not in college right now but I have a technical interview on Thursday for an immersive coding bootcamp. It would put me classes 9-5, m-f for 15 weeks

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  12. CobraKidJon

I got a 39/50 on so sad :(

13. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

14. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Head of the math department says it was excessive and he wouldn’t have taken off that many points but there is nothing he could do about it. He also looked at the rest of my exam and seemed surprised as to the methods my professor is teaching us to solve the problems. He was like “hm that’s interesting, I guess he could teach it to you that way, that isn’t how I’m teaching it though” lol I really should have taken this professor instead oh well

15. CobraKidJon

16. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

that really sucks and I'm sorry to hear that. what are the odds he let's you look over the test w answers to see if he made any mistakes? seems like you only need one or two questions to get the points you need right?

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  17. CobraKidJon

oh no it’s a multiple choice test so I can’t really see him make any mistakes. I can just see what I got wrong which is what I will most likely do anyway.

18. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

what's everyone's major?

19. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Nursing

20. CobraKidJon

It turns out the class average for the exam was between a 32/50 and 35/50. that somehow makes me feel a little better but also worse.

21. CobraKidJon

my major is history with using it to go into teaching.

22. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

Is there a specific history subject you're focusing on?

23. danielm123

Trusted

I'm an anthropology major, physics and psychology minor

24. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

that's quite the combo

25. danielm123

Trusted

I get that a lot. Although now that I switched my physics major to a minor (I realized that taking 4 physics classes a semester senior year would probably just make me miserable), people are usually a bit less confused by the combination