Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

College Thread • Page 78

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Lol @Dog with a Blog remember those poems I had to write about BC? I got a perfect score and she was fawning all over them lmao
    [​IMG]

2. Dog with a Blog

Ayyyyy congrats!!!! That’s tight B-)

supernovagirl likes this.
  3. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

Has anyone ever worked an overnight job while going to school? i just got a pretty sweet job offer but idk how it's going to go with classes.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  4. Dog with a Blog

I work to 2-3am but that’s not really the same. An actual graveyard shift seems tough. But I mean, people do it so it’s definitely possible

Dirty Sanchez and elwayinthe4th like this.
  5. Dog with a Blog

2 and a half hours until class time?? Guess I’ll get started on this project lol oops

6. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

don't do it. throw your books off a bridge. burn your clothes. move to a different state and change your name.

7. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

this is the most pointless thing but I’m still bitter I got a 89.7% on my midterm. I was so close to an A. BITTERRRRR.

I gotta start studying for my sociology midterm in like 2 weeks and I need to at least get an 85% to bump my grade up to a B. It’s at a solid C right now.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  8. supernovagirl

I officially declared a Women and Gender Studies minor today :bang::twohearts::morestar:

^consider that monstocity as my formal complaint that there’s no noise maker confetti celebrating emoji @Jason Tate

9. PatRFinley Mar 26, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 26, 2019)
    PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

My professor just played a youtube video and there's at least 2 other windows open playing the same video and no one is saying anything. Help me

Edit: The girl next to me just started watching a movie on her laptop without headphones on. This isn't a lecture hall. This class is smaller than most of my High School classes...

10. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

damn that class sounds like the wild west wtf

MysteryKnight and PatRFinley like this.
  11. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

i have so much work to do and i haven't started any of it and i've had since at least 6pm after work today to do this shit. i have to do it too bc i already lied to my professor and said i had made a decent start to my paper. then i made an appointment to meet with her about it even though............it's not written?? afjkla;jfad;ljfdl why did i do that??????

supernovagirl likes this.
  12. CobraKidJon

my sociology midterm is next Friday and I have done absolutely no studying so this is going to be a fun week.

I also need to get a 45/50 on it to get a solid B in that class :-)

13. Dog with a Blog

School makes me fucking depressed. Y’all should see my room, it is an absolute disaster and very indicative of my mental state. Blahhh. Two more days until spring break, at least

14. I feel you, it’s comforting knowing we’re in this together though. Reach out to me any time

I wish my break was so soon!

15. supernovagirl

You guys have spring break so late! There’s only FOUR weeks left of classes ahhhh

I’m excited but I’m also terrified bc I haven’t applied for financial aid yet so I could be fucked

16. Dog with a Blog

I think after spring break I still have 6 weeks :/

17. supernovagirl

18. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

for some reason i thought a bachelors degree was 65 credits and now I feel like the dumbest person on the planet. After I transfer my life might suck pretty hard......

19. Dog with a Blog

One day into spring break and I already feel so much more energized, motivated, and not depressed lol. Just the fact that I’m not thinking about homework is amazing. I cannot wait for summer/to be over for good. I just feel so much more like myself rn

20. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

same man spring break rules fuck homework tbh

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  21. CobraKidJon

I have a midterm next week and I have been ignoring reading the book and I’m going to regret this so much.

22. elwayinthe4th

pop-drunk.com

If you can find the book on audible that helps A LOT. I was behind in reading a book in class and found it on audible, just followed along with the reading and cranked it out in 6 hours .

23. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Currently failing elementary differential equations partially cause my professor is an asshole.

For one problem on my last exam I got the right answer, all the right work, but I accidentally simplified the answer when I wasn’t suppose to so he took off 10 points (it was a 20 point question). I asked him about it and he said it was a big mistake so he had to do it.

I’m tempted to go back to his office tomorrow and ask him again cause I still think it’s way too many points when I literally had all the work correct. Or even go to the head of the math department. I need to go to his office anyway to talk about my grade, I think we have one exam left not including the final exam (did I mention this class is graded 100% on exams?).

My average in the class is a 51 and if I had those points back it’d be a 54, and I need a 55 to pass. I’m not putting all the blame for for my bad overall grade cause obviously I’m the one getting these grades and I probably should have gone for help cause he can’t explain things if his life depended on it. But still, taking away that many points to me is bullshit.

supernovagirl and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  24. supernovagirl

I found out today you can’t register if you have overdue parking tickets so ha ha ha being poor fuckin me up once again!!

25. supernovagirl

I have a group presentation tomorrow and I’m nervous af bc she made this huge deal about how we better cite our sources correctly bc there’s no excuse “in the second half of an upper level class” to mess up. She said it would literally result in a FF which is an F with plagiarism. Like. Damn lady calm down!!! I’m afraid I or one of my group members will drop the ball and fuck us over
    But hopefully she was just trying to scare us Bc she’s been so damn lenient on grading so far