Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

College Thread • Page 74

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Thought I might fail a class because the teacher is an asshole, but a 70 is cool with me.

Looking at stuff for graduate school is honestly pretty scary. I'm looking at applying to NYU, but the commute is gonna kill me.

2. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  3. danielm123

Trusted

I've got 3 out of 5 so far, but I'm at the point where i'm just obsessively checking every hour

4. Dog with a Blog

Same lol. I thought all grades were due yesterday at midnight but, according to my school’s Reddit, it’s been changed to Jan 2nd.

5. Dog with a Blog

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  6. Dog with a Blog

yes!!!

Three A’s and one B

For the class I got a B in, I had one assignment that she said I could have revised to get a better grade in and I was like “fuck that” haha. Kinda wish I had because a 4.0 would have been cool but whatever

7. JxP

Poster Boys for Bad Luck

I know the feeling! I had a 3.82 this semester. So close, but at least I got dean's list.

8. scroopy.noopers

: (

9. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I still haven't registered for next semester and it starts in like 10 days lol

10. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Ugh, mine starts Monday. I ain’t readyyy

11. CobraKidJon

got my classes next semester and I’m only taking two. It sucks though since I registered so late that I couldn’t get a proper schedule down so I’m taking one class Tuesday/Thursday’s and the other M/W/F.

He told me I’m about 3 semesters away from finishing community stuff and ughh I’m so excited for that.

12. supernovagirl

My semester started today. I’m already overwhelmed lmao.

also 2 out of 3 of my irl classes have those ridiculously tiny desks that the tray like swivels around and I just am a giant in them and it’s so uncomfortable and makes me want to melt into a puddle and makes it so hard to focus and not have an anxiety attack

13. CobraKidJon

my sociology class is doing an assigned seating chart tomorrow and it’s a huge class so now I have to debate if I want to keep sitting in the back or actually move up and be able to see the board damn.

supernovagirl likes this.
  14. supernovagirl

I’m so overwhelmed already
    My intro to political theory class was a MISTAKE

15. supernovagirl

Also I got my first parking ticket on campus yesterday and I’m salty as hell

16. CobraKidJon

I only took 2 classes this semester and my books came out to a combined $180 so I am ok with that.

17. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

My school lends us all books for a one time 500€ fee

18. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

I got lucky and found pdf textbook files for all of my classes this semester. Also, for the first time, every class I'm taking is like 90% graded on exams (10% attendance). It's nice not to have traditional homework but at the same time it's kind of overwhelming and difficult to stay motivated and actually keep up with readings/studying every day and not wait until a few days before an exam.

19. CobraKidJon

my sociology class is just lectures and exams which I am ok with. We don't have any homework so that is somewhat nice.

computer class seems pretty easy but there is a girl that sits next to me and she constantly needs help. I try and help but also it is a distraction from doing my work and I am like ughhh. I want to be helpful but also I rather finish all work in class so it doesn't have to be homework.

supernovagirl likes this.
  20. Dog with a Blog

1. My Italian class is online but we actually have to attend a live Skype meeting for an hour on either Monday or Tuesday so that fucking sucks. Had the first one yesterday and it was so awkward lol.

2. I’m a fucking DUMBASS!!! For some reason I was convinced I only had classes on tue-thu but I just realized that that’s because I was only looking at the schedule for this week which had a holiday. So, Mon-Thu it is :worried:

Dirty Sanchez and supernovagirl like this.
  21. supernovagirl

A couple things
    I threw my back out over the weekend. I was lucky we had off Monday so I could lay in bed and recover. I thought I was recovered enough to attend today
    After driving an hour (sitting in car), walking across campus, and sitting in class...my teacher never showed up. I stayed with some other kids until 30 min in and then we just left.
    My back was already starting to hurt from the above.
    Also, all I had in my other classes was an open book quiz in my 3:30 class. My book hasn’t come into the book store yet so I was like why wait for 3 hours to fail a quiz when my back is already hurting soo basically I went home early. I feel like I drove an hour away for nothing. Ugh.

Also I’m sorry @Dog with a Blog thats so disappointing! Honest mistake tho, not a dumbass.

22. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

Haha I had to do a similar thing for a Spanish class once. I actually looked forward to it though because something would always go wrong, like issues with people's volume being way too loud, people talking over one another, all in terrible broken Spanish. It was hilarious

23. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

24. Dog with a Blog

Lol this pretty much describes my experience exactly. There was a lot of the teacher going, “can you please turn off your microphones.....please turn off your microphones” haha.

lostawholeyear likes this.
  25. Dog with a Blog