Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

College Thread • Page 73

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by devenstonow, Sep 7, 2016.

1. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I’ve been done with classes for like 2 weeks now just waiting for grades to come in.
    All of them are in except one grade in one class. The problem? It’s a 100 point grade, when right now the total points of the class is only like 170. So clearly it’s a huge portion of the grade and can kinda change it drastically.
    But likely my final grades are A B B F (the one I chose to drop without officially dropping)

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  2. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

My friends and I were studying previous exams for my Statics final and one of the problems we didn't understand how to do and thought "He isn't going to give us something like this anyway". So of course he gives us a problem exactly like it.

It was a 5 question exam and he said if we get 4/5 we get an A in the class, 3/5 B, etc.. so let's hope for the best. I haven't talked to anyone who feels confident about that exam though. Just glad to be done now

3. Dog with a Blog

One more paper due next week and then I’m done :verysad:

Gonna really try and knock it out tomorrow though so I have a couple days where I can just do nothing

4. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

What about the paper due a year ago?

5. Dog with a Blog

Heh.

Honestly man, I am so far removed from that material that I’m just not gonna do it. According to our agreement, if I don’t turn it in, my grade reverts to a C. I’ll take it

supernovagirl and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  6. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah haha

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  7. danielm123

Trusted

And, for the second semester in a row, i am sick during finals. Fun...

8. The Lucky Moose Dec 16, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 16, 2018)
    The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I'm working on this assignment about AI and all I can think about every time I type it is Allen Iverson

9. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

After getting a 14 on the first exam in my physics II class, I have ended up with a C as my final grade. I am completely stoked that I was able to bring it up to and avoid the D

10. supernovagirl

I’ve been sitting here waiting for my last paper to be graded (I told y’all it was 100 points which would make up like half our grade) I suspect she just didn’t even grade them. I never got a grade for it and yet my final grade has been released.

Anyway I got A B B- and F (the F is the class I dropped but it was too late to get a W)

I totally forgot that my college does +/- grades. Will have to remember that

11. Dog with a Blog

I got A’s on all the writing assignments I was flipping out about last week so that’s tight. I just have to do this last paper but I have zero drive haha.

I always feel hella sad at the end of the semester after getting super close with my classmates and then it hits that it’s purely situational. I mean, I don’t expect anything more than that, but there is a special bond one forms with people who are also struggling and going through the same shit. Then it’s just like “aight peace” :peace:

supernovagirl and danielm123 like this.
  12. danielm123

Trusted

Yeah, I feel the exact same way. I had my last final today, and definitely felt some sadness that I'd never see most of these people again. And then, this time, the one person who I met last year and it wasn't situational just completely dumped me at the end of this semester for no apparent reason. So, yeah, kind of feels a bit lonely right now.

13. supernovagirl

Totally! I felt that especially this semester because my one class was basically student-led and was mostly class discussions about “women and communication” so lots of real talk. We also had multiple group projects and that really brings people together. Most of the class was seniors as well and graduated so I def won’t see them anymore ha

danielm123 and Dog with a Blog like this.
  14. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Contra grays all!!! Love y’all glad you all got through the semester ester! Good going and glad y’all made it see it all worked out

supernovagirl and lostawholeyear like this.
  15. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Omg I was so phuxked up an hour ago. Ignore that post.

16. Dog with a Blog

I will quote it so it exists forever. And thanks btw

supernovagirl and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  17. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

Did you take an organic chemistry final? Cause if so, I relate so hard to this post. I was seeing molecules in my sleep and talking random chem nonsense for like three days after my orgo II final.

18. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

No, I was drunk out of my mind lol

lostawholeyear likes this.
  19. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

But I did take an o chem final a few years ago.

20. danielm123

Trusted

Well, I'm now at the point of obsessively checking my grades every hour, even though I still have one more class to finish

21. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I've been home for a week and a half, and still have a 12 page essay to write and email in by Friday afternoon. I'm not doing anything rn and I'm totally prepared and in a position to right it rn, but the idea of doing it all in one day excites me so imma do that tomorrow

22. Dog with a Blog

scroopy.noopers likes this.
  23. danielm123

Trusted

Well, I have a group paper due in 15 hours and, as of right now, I'm the only one of the 4 people in my group who has put any work into it. So, this is wonderful

24. danielm123

Trusted

I just texted the group to ask what's going on. I got a "What else do we have to do?", a "I'm working all day, but I'll do something during my breaks", and a "I have another final, but I'll work on in a bit later." I was looking for reassurance that I wouldn't be doing the whole thing on my own, but clearly that plan backfired.

25. Dog with a Blog

I want my fuggin Graydez!!!

danielm123 and Dirty Sanchez like this.